Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

27 posts, 21 members
Niicole
3 posts
Ive had a problem with very Dry cracked extremley sore lips for a few year's now, at first i thought it was change of weather but they never got any better!  Ive tried a number of lip balms chap sticks moisterioser  etc But nothing has helped ! :(
Is there any you girls recomend , Or anyone else have this problem

chikoboo
3402 posts
Lucas Paw Paw it comes in a little red tube and you can find it everywhere including New World and Countdown.  I put a little on before going to bed as part of a routine now to prevent the cracked lips coming back, as I went through a rough winter with mine.  Also rubbing them gently to remove the dead skin helps heaps too, but take care especially if you have cracked sore lips don't want to make them worse by over rubbing.  I use a soft toothbrush in the shower to just lightly scrub over them.   Hope this helps as it has helped me :)
Nishu
374 posts
Trilogy's Everything Balm has been working wonders for me... !

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
JamieLynneKirk
157 posts
Nivea-Repair&Protection; is my #1 at the moment works great....or EOS thats good too 
chippypalmer
54 posts
I like nivea essential care chapstick, and the trick about rubbing them lightly with a soft toothbrush. I got really bad windburnt lips and they swelled up. I just used A LOT of really moisturising lipbalm.
skingeek
537 posts
Wear a lip balm with spf during the day, use a lip scrub a couple of times a week (I like lush coz it has jojoba oil), use a balm every night, I like murad coz it's got salicylic acid to gently exfoliate. Salicylic acid is also antimicrobial so it's great for cracked lips. I put an spf lip balm on first thing in the morning and use it all day. It may also be worth while switching your lipsticks (if you use them) to organic to stop any irritation.
skingeek
537 posts
Ohhh and I second trilogy everything balm!
kirsten81
26 posts
Lucas paw paw is great to put on at night before bed and I love using loreal baby lips during the day. But if they are cracked and bleeding bad go to your doctor there could be an underlying condition!
lenarose
313 posts
Good suggestions - I love lucas paw paw, and Trilogy everything balm is incredible too. I used Baby Lips too but it made my lips dry and cracked, so i ditched it and used Burts Bees with Mango to 'rehab' my lips after. Vaseline is excellent, as it forms a barrier which locks moisture in.Licking your lips makes them drier, as I found when I was on roaccutane.
skingeek
537 posts
Oh and if you're sensitive (I once reacted to a chapstick spf) mix a little of your pure mineral blusher (or your mineral bronzer or powder) with a natural balm. The minerals will give natural protection.
kimberleyz
8 posts
I use vasoline, so just apply a layer on your lips before you sleep and your lips should feel more smoother and not dry and cracked. thoughout the day just apply some lip balm.
kimberleyz
8 posts
opps i didnt mean to post that multiple times, how do i delete them?
kimberleyz
8 posts
I use vasoline, so just apply a layer on your lips before you sleep and your lips should feel more smoother and not dry and cracked. thoughout the day just apply some lip balm.
kimberleyz
8 posts
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I have the same problem. Until I discovered Burt's Bees balms. They are amazing. You could also try exfoliating with a dry toothbrush. If it's in the corners it could be angular chelitis which I get when I'm super run down. It makes me look like the joker. A medicated cream from the Dr helps
Firstly Stay Hydrated!!! Also have you tried using a lip scrub (lush do really lovely ones that taste delish) combined with a intensive lip moisturiser. Be careful though as some lip balm can actually contribute to drying out your lips in the long run, I look for lib balms with natural ingredients because of this. And aviod using petrolium based products . If its really bad I would suggest seeing a doctor as well, it might be something more serious.
Kaiarahi
160 posts
This will sound odd but Lansinoh works wonders (If you are a mum you'll know what I'm talking about!) - It's a nipple cream so you'll find it in the baby isle at the supermarket. 
deville
42 posts
I always use Blistex and they have a medicated one for when your lips are in a bad way.  They also have spf built in which I love - I use it every day and never have a problem with my lips drying out etc.
Laura-Gaylyn
24 posts
I do strongly recommend Paw Paw ointment!! It works wonders
I too have found Paw Paw amazing :)
KrystleF
158 posts
I have the same dry lip problem but now I use Lucas Paw Paw every night and it has worked wonders- love it!
xjayloux
900 posts
Paw paw is great and i sings its praises a lot however i think ECO store lip balms might be a bit better. So i would recommend grabbing one from your local supermarket they are about $6, i use the peppermint one and ever since ive had it i havent used paw paw for my lips at all.. And i would recommend getting onto a good water intake routine, especially now that the weather is or atleast due to get warmer, you will need more water and hydration will help a lot.
pintsize
1072 posts
It sounds really odd to recommend this but go to your supermarket baby care isle or chemist and grab a tube of Lansinoh (for breastfeeding Mothers you will recognise this) it comes in a purple pack.  It is like a miracle in a tube!  It can be worn all day or just at night time, safe to eat and drink etc... you will see improvement in a very very short time (seriously try it). I swear by it and have a few friends I have told about it and they swear by it too.It is about $12 for a tube but it will last you soo long and you can use it on any cracked or dry skin.
Kaiarahi
160 posts
Lol pintsize - I suggested the same earlier in the thread. You can tell we are mums ;) 
chelle543
11 posts
Trilogy everything balm is great, and serves so many purposes! A must have
sjaffs
17 posts
Lucas pawpaw ointment is excellent, I'd recommend it above everything else to get your lips back to normal.  I also use a Burts Bee lip balm.
Leanne_33
3 posts
I agree with the majority of comments... paw paw ointment is the best. Another thought, make sure you are drinking plenty of water during the day. If I'm dehydrated my lips get really dry!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!