Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Great Bargain on a nice Shopping Outing today

29 posts, 14 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
The hubby and I took the kids into town today (I know insane right lol) and we caught up with my Mum who was heading to Farmers.  Usually I'm not a Farmers girl as my experience in the past with them has never been a good one.  Anyhoo, went in anyway and I'm super glad I did.  I remember BR posting about a  special on a limited edition Moisture Mist set and thought I would check it out while I was there.  

It was on special for $59.00 and if you spend more than $40.00 I think it was you got a free brush (really nice too, just like the Real Techniques one but with the Moisture Mist brand stamped on it). Got to the checkout only to be told it was further reduced down to $41.30. This set included a full Moisture Mist Beauty Cake + Refill + Sponge.  So glad I got it as I was unsure of my shade.  It was actually in fact the one I thought it was the whole time - Rose Beige.

What was your great purchase find for the day?
trudijoy
8375 posts
i went for a shopping wander but only bought groceries and got a manicure.... i did pick up a wet/dry battery operated shaver thing on flybuys though, to use on my arms and legs mostly! So that was a $50 device that just cost $2 for parking lol
Macs
5351 posts
Every Saturdays I train. Did a double up. Headed to the market to get Fresh Fruit and Veges for the week. After Mac I went to dressmart picked up a pair of pumas on sale down from $170 to $40 . That was my bargain of the day.

Thats an awesome deal . I'm glad I didn't see it because I think I would of went for it.
Kimrose
1416 posts
My bargin of the day was the free lippy from MAC! Cant beat a freebie.  So happy, its my first ever red!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
My bargain's probably the freebie lipstick too. Although I did go to kmart impulsively buy a $10 yoga mat which turned out to be $5! The moisture mist deal sounds so good, but I'm glad I didn't see it because I really don't need yet another face product!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I had a bit of an impulse shopping day today. A new coat I probably didn't need but it looked lovely :p
Ringy
825 posts
I bought a pair of flannelette pjs - were $119 -which I would never pay for pjs -but reduced to $18 which is basically Kmart price so I nabbed them. Also got a revlon lippy for $5 as my daughter was a bit sad we didn't wait in line for the free MAC one. My proudest recent score was last weekend when I got a YSL perfume, that I'm in love with for $40 at Farmers, sad part is that it is obviously a discontinued line so I won't be able to buy it again! 
swamphen
73 posts
Oh wow thats a great score on the flannelette jammies!!! Where they peter a?
Ringy
825 posts
Givoni brand which i have bever heard of before, definitely not PA -which is what most of my pjs are but I've been getting a bit disappointed with them in recent years - dye running, sizing weird and just over priced. Also the ones I need to replace are all PA ones- the other brands seem to stand the test of time better. My PA dressing gown had holes in the pockets from stitching coming undone after about 6 months. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Blimey $119 for pjs Ringy - that ended up a great deal! I haven't bought anything this weekend.
LaurenM
11 posts
I went to Kmart, which was a mission because the traffic was insane and they were basically sold out of all the products I wanted apart from one brush. The line for checkout was huuuuge and my boyfriend didn't want to wait in line that long for one thing so we decided to go to the mall instead and so glad we did! They have wet n wild at farmers now (at least the one in Lower Hutt) so I got 3 brushes for $16 which was much better than the one I was going to get at Kmart, also got a purple glittery ORLY nail polish which was awesome. And we got some Mrs Higgins cookies on the way home :) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I bought two phone cases on eBay - both less than $3 so I'm pretty sure thats a bargain... I just have to wait for them hahahaha. And a cart full of random goodies from RoseRose shop. And all of the things I bought had little "70%" off stickers on them so I'm totally counting that as a bargain :P
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Some awesome bargains by the sounds of it.  I picked up a special pillow for my son today.  I bought one for myself last weekend and far out, my sleeping problems have literally been changed just by changing my pillow.  I used to use two pillows but since buying this new one, it has lavender infused in it apparently, I've been having the best sleeps.  Doesn't take as long to get to sleep now and I actually stay asleep the whole night.  This would actually be my best bargain especially as this week they had taken it down another $5.

My son has been having trouble sleeping and a sore neck, so I bought him one too.  Hoping this will help him too.  Now to sort out the mood swings and testosterone ha ha ha.
Macs
5351 posts
I love Pjs Ringy. I had to shut my eyes at Dressmart they had 50% off the Peter Alexander Pjs.  Their ridiculously expensive but so comfortable to wear . I agree I have a medium which seems like a large. The sizing isn't right. I have two pj pants from themNever heard of that brand before.
trudijoy
8375 posts
bargains are my fave way to shop :D

mumof3, what's the pillow? I'm considering getting a whole new bed but starting with the pillows because my back is a mess and i find it really hard to get to sleep. Was considering the Bambillo pillow, interested to know more about the one/s you got first though?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I hated the bamboo pillows. I've had a mostly duck down pillow for a few months now and it's amazing. I have two neck injuries and now wake up with a sore neck less often. It was $100 in the sale at Briscoes - yikes. Worth it for me though. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'll happily pay out if it's going to help - a combo of issues getting to sleep at times (although nowhere near as bad as the full blown insomnia i used to suffer) and a dodgy spine is what i think results in the migraines and pain i wake up every now and then
eringracem
30 posts
Lauren - I thought that Wet n Wild was launching in Farmers on the first? Might have to go have a look tomorrow, I'm super excited for it! Did you spot any of their MegaGlo highlighters? 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The right pillow is priceless! I'm also a back sleeper. If I sleep on my side I end up with headache and neck ache the next day. Duck down pillows were recommended to me by my osteopath.
MareeB
5241 posts
Do the pillows make you feel warmer Soozie? that'd make it worth it for me.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
No its not a Bamboo pillow, I bought that one thinking it was the one advertised Bambillo and found it really uncomfortable and actually made my neck sore.  This one I bought from The Clearance Shed believe it or not for $40.00 originally and then down to $35.00.  Will have to grab the box with the brand on it for you but hubby has just put it in the shed and its freezing ha ha ha.  

Will let you know x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, I use Egyptian cotton pillowcases so, no. Pillows are still cold. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Okay, braved the cold - the pillow is called Dreamtime Sleep Science Memory Foam Lavender Pillow.  Have put on the photo wall so you can see what it looks like Trudi xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh you're such a honey, sorry you had to go out in the cold! i wonder if we have a clearance shed here?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
All good babe, I know how important it is to get a great nights sleep so couldn't have you waiting for it.  If you don't have a Clearance Shed and you want one, just let me know and I'll pick one up and send to you if you like xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
I googled and it looks like there are a couple in Akl so might be my saturday mission. Appreciate the thought, you're such a sweetheart xx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yay, hopefully you can pick one up xx Let me know how you go.  I'm thinking of doing away with all our normal pillows and getting one for everyone apart from the hubby who actually sleeps on one of those weird bamboo pillows.  Tried it once but omg so uncomfortable, told him he could keep it.  
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh. When I had RSI in my neck, the physio used to wrap this warming contraption around my neck, which sent me inot a deep sleep instantly. It makes me think anything warm near my head and neck would be divine and sleep inducing!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I sleep on a latex pillow. I use to sleep on just any polyester stuffed pillow till I got tired of fluffing it up at night when I would roll over and it had gone flat. I waited till Sleepyhead had those expensive latex pillows at half price and splurged. One of the best purchases I have made! It lasted me for a few years. I just bought a new one a couple months back after I washed the first one and it got kind of crumbly but after five years of nightly use I'm not complaining. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!