Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Goodbye Money!

31 posts, 16 members
siouxsannah
261 posts
Mecca Maxima is opening a store in Wellington this Thursday. It is right across the street from my work. Goodbye money - it was nice having you!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh I'd have a very hard time saving money with one that is that close! I have to go into town to get to the Mecca in Christchurch. That being said I have a dream cart loaded online. Who doesn't?
Chaotic82
522 posts
Are you going to the opening?  I went to the one here in Christchurch and won a NARS palette worth $60, was pretty stoked!!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've heard of Mecca but never had the experience.  Am I missing something amazing? We don't have places like that here in good old Whangarei lol
Chaotic82
522 posts
All the stuff is online I think Mumof3munchkins , but it's kind of exciting being able to try everything.   I haven't been back since the opening, it was a miserable day and they gave us hot chocolates, popcorn, lollies and if you bought anything you were able to choose a prize envelope off the wall - so it was pretty impressive :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
eek that sounds exciting, I'm lucky if I get to go to a Lush shop when I'm in Auckland which is not very often lol.  Will definitely check them out, thanks hun 
MareeB
5244 posts
I've never been to a Mecca either. That opening sounds like it was fabulous.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I wish I had gone to the opening! I didn't know they were giving out goodies and prizes.
MissQT
1547 posts
yes, I've booked the date in my calendar. I've never been to Mecca or purchased from its online store either.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh lucky ! So much better to swatch products in person . I would love to go there one time.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh my gosh @tannygirl that is too true! I have an online cart for mecca and sephora and a whole bunch of international sites! There's just something so theraputic to add a whole bunch of stuff in there I know I shouldn't spend money on lol.
siouxsannah
261 posts
I haven't been inside a Mecca before. I wanted to visit the Chch one when I was down there, but did not have time. I know they carry a lot of special brands that you can usually only get online in NZ, like Nars, Too Faced, and Urban Decay.
They are holding a special opening in Wellington, but you have to spend over $90 to choose a prize envelope from the wall! So not sure if I will be spending enough to get a prize. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I think it is awesome they are opening a second store so soon. I love how it makes those high end brands more available and it will be so nice to swatch and play with the products before purchasing. I hope to visit a stores soon but there are still none close to me. Normally, I just go when I am in Aussie.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ohh I love Mecca maxima! I've only been buying there about 20 months and have already had two Loop boxes (quarterly curated beauty box gift) which have awesome new things to try!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I was all keen to go to the opening until I saw you have to spend $90 to pick an envelope at this one. I might just wait and avoid the crowds and go in a couple of weeks instead. There's nothing I actually 'need' right now. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I haven't been to the one in Christchurch yet, I feel I want to save a decent amount before I go! :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'll be at the opening. I'm planning to write a bit of a blog review on them.
Chaotic82
522 posts
Oh there might have been a spending limit before you pick a prize, but I know I didn't spend $90 so it must have been lower than that.   I picked up quite a few deluxe sizes of products I wanted to try but didn't want to fork out for full size, and there were some great little things that I got to add to presents for friends and family for Christmas.
The line was huge though!! 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I was at work today when Mecca had its grand opening. But it is right near my work, so I walked past three times during the day. Each time there was a big long queue to get in! Some people had camped out overnight to be first in queue. Some people queued for two hours! I was not able to take that much time out of my working day, so I did not get to go inside. 

I peered in through the window after work finished. They look like they have some exciting brands, including Korean skincare. 
Imoshen
461 posts
So glad that Mecca in Auckland is in Newmarket as I never go there and therefore am not tempted to spend money :).  

Was there ever a "Regret Buying" thread on this forum?  I have a few things to add to it :).
Macs
5351 posts
I never go to New Market too Imoshen. I'm meaning to go there because I'm dying to see both Mecca and Beauty Bliss stores.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Just seen on Facebook that Mecca Maxima are opening and hiring in Auckland!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I just saw that! Soooooo happy :) Also in Melbourne last week the Sephora girls told me that Australia and NZ Sephora online is being moved from Singapore to Sydney, which means better variety and better stocked stores for us
Imoshen
461 posts
Oh please tell me it's opening at Botany!  (I bet it's not but one has to hope).
Macs
5351 posts
Oh no! I better start saving so I can go to the opening lol 
MissQT
1547 posts
Yes I saw that on fb too. Even though I don't live in Auckland I'm still excited.
Julieal
915 posts
This sounds exciting -wish I was in Wellington .Enjoy the opening
trudijoy
8375 posts
Botany could be cool Imoshen but i'd be willing to bet it's going to be in the new development at the bottom of Queen Street (outside Britomart), or in Takutai Square
Imoshen
461 posts
Awwww I was hoping Sylvia Park if not Botany.  I dislike Sylvia Park very much but that's better than having to haul my way into town :(.
trudijoy
8375 posts
realised my hotel this week is only a block from Mecca Maxima Welly so... the choicce was made for me. I'm REALLY impressed. It's huge, really well laid out, the girls are lovely and i'm now stocked up on two of my favest fave soap and glory goodies. Happy Trudi.

Also the girl who served me said that there were about 2 months between her landing her job and the store opening, so fingers x'd for Akl being on the same timeline!
Beauty88
29 posts
[color=#291b29]Are you going to the opening?[/color]

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!