Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

*Game* : If you could have any job in the beauty industy..

42 posts, 35 members
g1ggles2
358 posts
Woah sorry phone had a mental before I could correct my spelling & finish the title arg!!

Anyways if you could have any job in the beauty industry what would it be (if you dont already have that job)

Mine would be as a perfume sales girl. I love it soo much I want to talk to people about it all day!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Mine would be to work for iHerb, being a product tester, absolute dream job lol.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hmmm
i'd wanna be receptionist for a clinic that does IPL, teeth whitening and healthy eating. Then I can have treatments, chat to all the happy people and get paid to look & feel better everyday.
Is there such a place tho
Manda129
419 posts
Working for Iherb would be fab!

Im already a beauty therapist and I love my job but I'd really love to get more into the appearance medicine side of things, with ipl and the more immediate effect treatments :)
Chelsea_Ruby
17 posts
I'd love to be a freelance makeup artist. I've already made over plenty of friends for their balls and for special ocassions and it's so much fun! I love seeing their reaction when they see themselves at the end! If I wasn't studying marine science in university I would most likely want to do a design degree or enrol in beauty school! I have a variety of interests as you can see :P 
Chaotic82
522 posts
I think I would like to be involved in the formulation side.  Creating new nail polishes or lipsticks would be so fun!!
g1ggles2
358 posts
Yeah I would also love to have a side job doing nails..I do nail art on myself & friends for fun so I guess learning how to do the gels & acrylics would be helpful.
SnowRii
11 posts
I love love love doing my nails (gel) and dying my hair! It would be so awesome to be a pro nail artist/colorist, but to do makeup for artistic photoshoots would be so awesome - how can I pick just one!? ;-;
Rezee
1964 posts
Probably pretty boring but I would love to be a sales rep for some beauty product (Or actually anything really!). I think it would be cool to travel and find out about the latest products plus score some freebies hopefully too!
Kellie
570 posts
I'd like to work on the advertising side of things - writing up the packaging etc.  Although I'd ONLY do it if I was guaranteed a full size sample of the product I was writing for ;p
Bayley
238 posts
Hmmm I'd have to say a photographer. Better put my degree to use haha but maybe a touch of sampling on the side.
Imoshen
461 posts
What a great thread!

I would absolutely love to be part of the formulation team that gets to research the ingredients, what works what doesn't, what's bad, what's good. 

Too late for me to go study chemistry but if I could do it all over again, this is what I'd aim for.
hughes_dre
229 posts
I'd love to be one of those people who does trade shows or road shows around the world promoting products.

You'd get to scmooz with some of the coolest people on the planet, I'm sure you'd get the inside scoop on new products coming out and you'd get to travel.

DREAM JOB!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Ahh Sarah I was going to say work for iherb too lol.  Thinking there is opp for a NZ based iherb store.  My dream job though would be working as a nail polish creator, tester and namer.  Can you imagine the fun!!!
Bronnie
78 posts
I would love to work in the apearance medicine side of things.  Being able to help people with parts of their body they are not satisfied. After years of working in the Dental Industry and helping paitients in many ways correct their smile and see the joy it brings them I would love to be able to do that with appreance medicine. 
Bronnie
78 posts
I would love to work in the apearance medicine side of things.  Being able to help people with parts of their body they are not satisfied. After years of working in the Dental Industry and helping paitients in many ways correct their smile and see the joy it brings them I would love to be able to do that with appreance medicine. 
kayxcake
422 posts
I just want to be a full-time beauty blogger, where I don't have to deal with customer service, people etc... I have dream of being a makeup artist but since I have super shaky hands, I can't handle the *all eyes on me "are you on drugs?"* look.. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Mine would be being a product tester for natural products, make up artist and also some job where I get to try free spa and beauty treatments like spas and skin clinics that do IPL. Lol trying to conjure up a "job" that would give the best of all the worlds. :-p
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Sampler, Tester or Reviewer! Who would not want to be that! But also maybe nail polish namer or inventer. I mean the possibility of colours and shades are endless!!!! 

HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Sampler, Tester or Reviewer! Who would not want to be that! But also maybe nail polish namer or inventer. I mean the possibility of colours and shades are endless!!!! 

Angell
182 posts
Product tester for a big well-known company and then maybe come up with some great ideas for better nail polish - already have one but dont work for the company hahahaha
1139 posts
I agree with the comments on nail polish testing - I am a huge nail polish fan and it would be so awesome to come up with new colours, fomulas and names!
ree_nz
247 posts
Nail polish namer. Hands down the best job in the world!
Lutece
1849 posts
I would have to agree with ree_nz, that would be a fun job!
Also a photographer for products & designing packaging, id love one of those jobs too!!
Cat
474 posts
I agree with kayxcake, full time blogger would be awesome... Especially if company's sent lots of goodies! Be fun to review and sample till my heart is content. 

It would be cool to have a pretty little beauty shop and stock lots of hard to get beauty brands (for a reasonable price!) I'd love to buy in heaps (would be great for my online shopping addiction) 
Ashleenah
2 posts
I would love to be a full-time beauty blogger/reviewer. I am very shy & find it very hard working with customers so this would be perfect. I could still go out & meet people in the beauty industry but wouldn't have to deal with people (physically or over the phone) very often. I would love to also have a shop on my blog for people to purchase the items I have reviewed. Maybe even to start my own line of products. 
Chelsea_Ruby
17 posts
Actually I change my mind about wanting to be a freelance makeup artist! Though it would still be an awesome thing to do I think I'd really like to create my own line of products. It would be so fun to play around and work with different colours, textures and finishes. I would also love to desgin the product packaging and create an exciting, cohesive range of makeup!
pintsize
1072 posts
I alway wanted to model when I was younger but my height was an issue (all of only 5ft 2)
And also my confidence and self esteem wasn't high. Now I feel I would be too old to try.
So I stepped into the Photography side and I love shooting gorgeous models and creating images that are used in signage and billboards (there are a couple that I am very proud of).
It gives me an outlet for my creativity too (even if it is only part-time/casual)

I would also love to get into make up artistry but more the fantasy type and body painting.
analesha13
129 posts
I would love to create lipsticks!! Chosing different  colours, textures and names. Its all so exciting!
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I'd like to make nail polish
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Mine would to be a photographer, as I am really, really into photography and often work with my MUA friend on shoots and I love it!
gaijinchick
147 posts
I would love to be a stylist.  Love fashion and accessorizing! 
gaijinchick
147 posts
I would love to be a stylist.  Love fashion and accessorizing! 
micht
45 posts
Interesting question! I would love to be a makeup artist and Nail Technician too. Always thought it was interesting and that i would be good at it but havent actually tried it.... being an hairdresser would be cool as well... :)
emerald1
34 posts
I would love to be a tester or designer for the packaging. Being a scientist, I'm always testing my products as much as I can to make sure the results I'm seeing are from that product, not some outside factor (although it is tricky to monitor).Or I'd design packages because I'm also a sucker for packaging :p
Jesse
745 posts
Such a fun thread! I would love to work somewhere on the formulation side of things for a company that creates more natural products, especially perfumes! I'm obsessed with The Body Shop Body Butters and their White Musk Libertine perfume, would be so interesting helping to create new scents.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I like to be pampered instead of pampering. Not "professional level" at anything really. But I would enjoy being a product tester and reviewer? Especially for CF products and nail polish. Probably why I love BR because I get the opportunity to do that. If I could get a paid job doing just that it would be heaven!
MareeB
5241 posts
Me too Tabucutie. I'd like to be  a sales rep.
tabucutie
1811 posts
A Sales rep? I couldn't do that Maree, I don't like selling things. In saying that it would be easier if you are passionate and endorse the product you are selling.
Helibabi
101 posts
When I was younger I wanted to be a plastic surgeon.. nowadays I would be happy being a formulation chemist in a lab that creates some amazing products. Love science. It use to be my job and I miss it.. but one day I will have a job again.. for now chasing two kids around keeps me on my toes. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'd probably do a beauty version of my current job - skills based workshops and provision of a resource. So probably selling products and running tutorials on how to use them to staff in stores so they could then show clients
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm not very outgoing but I love beauty products and always envied the reps when I worked in a pharmacy.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!