Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

First beauty purchase of 2020

52 posts, 17 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
What was the first thing you bought that was beauty related this year / decade? 

Mine was a coconut soap yesterday at the airport in Port Vila on my way home from Vanuatu 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I bought Hourglass ambient lighting powder on New Year's Day so I don't have to wear tinted moisturiser any more over the summer. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nice! When summer eventually finds Auckland I may well do similar 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha yeah Auckland seems to keep changing its mind. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have a decent tan on atm (part real, part Bondi sands!) so the base makeup becomes less important with the tanned face!

also have discovered that atm my hair dries to a cute curly ponytail in the humidity of the islands (which will be AKL soon enough!) if I tie it up wet and let it dry, so it may well be a lazy beauty summer :D
shazatron101
5112 posts
Nothing yet unless you count handsoap and tissues... might have to get something for the heinous bags im going to have soon lmao apparently 1 and 4am are the new times to wake up and be an ass /crying 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hmmmm nothing for me yet but I did dye my hair. It was a schwarzkopf dye the shade Burgandy Chic and wow I love it! I have dark hair and can't believe how well it turned out. In the sun especially the colour is amazing! I'm heading to Nelson in a few days so my first beauty purchase will no doubt be then :-)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I haven't purchased anything beauty yet this year, did most of it in December lol.

There have been a few things I've been eyeing up on the Mecca website and I have an order that was made on Boxing Day so when it arrives it will be in 2020 lol ;-)

I'm wishing Lush did a website sale as would have loved to have stocked up on Yog Nog Shower Gel and the Cookie Dough and Galaxy Lip Scrubs. But never mind, I was lucky enough to grab one of each so not a total loss.
tabucutie
1810 posts
It's been 4 days and i've bought:Glow Lab exfoliator and men's perfume.
Kimrose
1412 posts
So far no new years purchase for me. I have a week booked off work from the 20th this month so I am having a huge clean out, make up and clothes. Maybe after then I will pick up a few new bits.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I had planned a big Sephora order but the things I most wanted were out of stock so still sitting on that cart.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I went to sephora today but really wasn't tempted! With any luck I'll go through my usual 'I'm over shopping' summer mood and can run stuff down ahead of my next trips hehe 
Helibabi
101 posts
After a wee cleanout I brought some maybelline mascaras and a few other maybelline items from farmers with a voucher I was given so that was handy. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I haven't bought anything this year yet, except for food.
tabucutie
1810 posts
@Kimrose that sounds awesome. A declutter is always good. Hope you get some downtime too.
siouxsannah
261 posts
I too bought a Glow Lab exfoliator in my grocery shop, as well as Palmolive's coconut body scrub. Makeup wise, I placed an order with Mecca in their Boxing Day sale, but it has not arrived yet, so I guess that will technically be my first new makeup for 2020 too.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Sounds like I really need to try this Glow Lab product lol.

I purchased from Mecca on Boxing Day too and it hasn't arrived yet. I did receive an email from them apologising for the delay which was lovely of them. Then I received an email on the same day stating it had been shipped. I'm guessing it will be here tomorrow or the next day. The apology email landed in my junk email for some reason, so you may find yours in there if you havent already received one. Can't wait to read your review. Enjoy when your order arrives x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
My Mecca Boxing Day purchased arrived on Monday but of course I'm not home! 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ahhh isnt that always the way worldofsooziewong lol.

Hoping mine will arrive tomorrow and that the courier leaves it so I don't have to pick it up. Not a biggie as the courier is about 2 minutes down the road from work, it's just the hassle of having to wait in a big queue lol.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I addressed to the neighbour who is feeding my cat but then she was out too so another neighbour signed for it. Must have really confused the courier lol. 
siouxsannah
261 posts
@Mumofthreemunchkins Yes, the Glow Lab exfoliator is pretty good! I did get an email from Mecca about the delay, which is fine. I had a shipping notice on Friday so I think it will come on Monday or Tuesday. 
tabucutie
1810 posts
@Mumof3 it's early days but I'm really enjoying the Glow Lab exfoliator. Love the coconut sugar smell, great texture for exfoliating,  not too hard or too soft. From memory there is a cocoa butter ingredient so not only is it exfoliating the skin it's also a moisturising formula.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Definitely sounds good, will pop in on my wishlist to try once I've culled back some other products that need using up lol.

On another note, I got my Mecca order today (picture for curiosity on the photo wall). They left a card but my hubster rang me up and told me I had a card so went and picked it up on my way home from work woop woop.
Kimrose
1412 posts
@tabcutie, downtime is an absolute must. I have worked through, worked the stat days as well so a nice lazy week is on the cards. I have a couple of books to read and some friends to catch up with and some wine to enjoy :)

tabucutie
1810 posts
@Kimrose: so deserved! I worked half the stats but have picked up most of the extra shifts. I'm so ready for a break. Enjoy your books and wine.
tannygirl
3392 posts
The travel/mini size Glow Mask from Frank Body. One purchase to renew my level 2 membership for the next year. But I probably will be purchasing fewer beauty items this year since I will be studying and have less available funds. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I went to Nelson yesterday, only got a few things. 2 bath bombs, 2 sheet masks and a giant bottle of cherry blossom body wash. It smells lovely :-)
MareeB
5239 posts
I bought 3 books (Paper Plus voucher for Christmas) and a large bottle of vodka (to make essential oil) yesterday. It felt strange to be in a shop that wasn't a supermarket. I even wore my new Christmas jeans for the occasion :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha definitely on the 'run it down, don't stock it up' beauty train now that i've booked one of the two holidays for the next few months.

One day.  I've been back at work ONE DAY and I already bought a plane ticket haha. Shocker
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Where are we off to!! I can live vicariously through you :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
You are very welcome to do that Lisa! Singapore first then 99% confirmed for Raro a month later lol. Will be watching the dollars a bit more closely for the next couple months 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oh nice, sounds good :-) We had to postpone Vietnam last year due to a bereavement so hoping for April this year.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Fingers crossed for you! For Vietnam and also for this just being a better year for you x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Trudi I appreciate that x
tabucutie
1810 posts
Singapore and raro sounds great, best to have something to look forward to.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I hope you enjoy your travels Lisa. I saw a short travel clip on facebook that said Vietnam was one of the cheapest places to go on holiday. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Tanny. Yes very cheap and beautiful.  I've not heard anyone say a bad word about it that has been there :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Vietnam is great - I've been four times. Let me know if you want recommendations, although I last went about seven years ago and some of it has changed a lot. 

I haven't booked anything yet but looking at USA and Central America for next summer. I think I'll need a mid year island break as well as that really got me through winter last year. My beauty spending will be reigned in this year. I think I have a big enough stockpile to get me through most of the year anyway lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've actually been into Mecca several times over the last week, among other beauty stores, and literally need NOTHING.  I'm not on a formal no-buy, I just literally can't think of anything i need to pick up.

It's a strange feeling!
trudijoy
8375 posts
so i bought plants instead lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Same. I need nothing now. And I don't even want anything. So I bought tiles instead lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
tiles are cool too, but i don't own my flat and they might be less than amused if i start ripping things apart
Kimrose
1412 posts
I have a week off coming up and my plan is to go through all my make up and skincare and give myself a good talking to! I really have more than I can use so I need to reduce in a big way. I actually know this because I have not bought anything in the boxing day/new year sales.  I am looking for art for our walls now
tannygirl
3392 posts
I anticipate I'm probably going to buy less beauty items this year. Since I'm studying and will have less funds but I did stock up some stuff this last year.    
Susilia
484 posts
I haven’t bought anything in 2020 yet, but I know my first beauty purchase will be end of the month, to get my level 3 beauty loop box, it will be my last level 3, as I’m dropping down to level 2 after.
I have so many products, I’d like to use them up first before buying things again, I sadly got carried away with hoarding things in 2019. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha yeah loop boxes can't be far away! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I tend to be able to get my Loop box on my birthday, Feb 9. So they're close!!
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Don't think i brought anything yet this year either... but think it's going to be a lip balm as i'm running on low =D
MissDilly
229 posts
No true beauty purchases for me yet either  for 2020 if you don't count a small can of hairspray & deodorant that I bought at the supermarket for my gym bag/locker at work.  
Jessicaparkin
13 posts
Two bottles of Garnier cleanser at a local store which was closing down for $3 each. Bargain 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!