Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Fave fake tanners?

10 posts, 7 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
i have been a diehard tanning mousse fan for like ten years, but just switched on a random whim to the Bondi dry oil, and I’m LOVING it. 

Whats your tan of choice? What do you love about it? 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My fav has got to be Palmers Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturiser, the one in the beige bottle, not the white and dark brown bottle. To me, it has a biscuity-butterscotch scent, there’s no drying time after application, which is a bonus as I hate having to stand around for 10 minutes waiting for self-tan to dry, and it’s a body moisturiser and self-tan all-in-one. 

I’ve tried others like Innoxa Self-Tan mousse, St Tropez Mousse, Sugar Baby SunBelievable Mousse, Oasis Beauty’s Super Tan, Sugar Baby Gradual Tan Moisturiser, Dedicated to Nature’s “Nature’s Summer” Gradual Tan, but I keep going back to the Palmers Gradual Tan because I quite like the smell, it’s easy to apply and it works for me. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I’m an instant tan girl for sure. Bondi Sands Mousse is my go to currently but I often switch.
SarahAmy
3 posts
Ooo I’m a big fan of the Liquid Gold/Dry Oil by Bondi Sands too! It’s magical, so easy to throw on before bed, sleep in it and not having to worry about ruining sheets! I love to pair it with their gradual tan milk to top it up daily.

There’s a new “Glo” range out and I’m very excited to try the matte version out for an upcoming wedding. Has anybody tried Glo?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah it’s the liquid gold I’m using atm, i looove that I don’t have to shower it off. On and go, no transfer, nothing. I work from home so have been chucking it on before work and it’s great.

dies the gradual milk prolong the colour noticeably? I’m not a fan of them usually, though I loved me some holiday skin by Johnson’s in my youth lol 
SarahAmy
3 posts
Yes! That stuff is great, isn't it! So easy to work with! 

Holiday Skin! I remember using that stuff too—that feels like so long ago now haha! I would say that the Gradual Milk is a bit stronger than the holiday skin (I definitely have to wash my hands after use or they can tint slightly orange) and using it once a day maintains the colour that the liquid gold gives. Disclaimer: I tend to do 2 coats of the liquid gold.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I’ve tried GLO SarahAmy. I wasn’t that impressed actually. But will try it again at some point because sometimes your opinions of things change.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I’ve not even bothered using fake tan this summer, maybe because I spent a month in cooler climates. I’ve got plenty that I’ve acquired from various vaults though. Maybe I’ll give one a try today. 
I've been a bit lazy on fake tanning my legs this summer, but I've been using the Dedicated to Nature fake tan on my face instead of my usual BB cream (which it is too hot for) and I've been really happy with it. It gives me enough colour to look healthy, but without getting even the slightest tinge of Trump. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I don't fake tan but I have a friend overseas who likes doing it and she said her favourite fake tan was the Oasis Beauty one I sent her.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!