Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

9 posts, 7 members
VickieM
18 posts
Hi lovely ladies, a good friend of mine is getting married towards the end of March and wants to get a fake tan to cover any pesky strap marks and even everything out before donning the white dress.  Neither of us have a clue about such things, does she go for get-naked spray-tan, or a self applied aerosol number, or a cream to be rubbed in? 

What are you experiences, good and bad.  She has fairly pale skin and pretty sensitive so will definately need at least one trial run beforehand.

Apologies if this has been asked before, feel free to point me in the direction of previous posts on the topic.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
For a wedding, I'd recommend a professional salon (airbrush) spray tan.  There are too many things that could go wrong with an at-home application before her wedding day (possible patchiness, uneven colour, too light or dark, or worst case scenario looking orange, ending up with orange palms, or having it rub off on the dress).  

A professionally sprayed on tan should be matched to her skin tone, will be done properly, should last for days and shouldn't turn patchy or rub off.  I don't know what area you're in, but you can use this link to search for qualified spray tan professionals by using the drop down menu under "any service" and selecting spray tan.  It'll show all the qualified spray tan professionals that have registered on this website in NZ.  Hope it helps.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
This BR article from a while back might also be helpful, and there are a few forum post, this one looks like its one of the most recent. There are others that date back to almost 4 years ago, to read these, pop the words 'fake tan' in the search box (next to the Rewards Vault button at the top of the page) and you'll be able to scroll through what's on BR.

itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Agree, for a wedding I'd go professional.

If she was wanting to fake tan any other time I'd say Bondi Sands foam for an instant tan and a gradual tanner if she didn't want to risk getting tan on her clothes.
trudijoy
8375 posts
DEF Bondi Sands for DIY but i'm with everyone else, definitely go for a professional sprayed on fake tan but do a test run first so she knows what to expect and how many days before she'll want to go for the perfect tan. She can then use something like Benefit Hoola Fake tan to instantly glow it up a little on the day if need be
VickieM
18 posts
Thanks for the replies ladies, much appreciated.
Macs
5351 posts
I love sugar baby tanner for at home. You could possibly try and find a mobile professional tanner that does home visit if need be.
Julieal
915 posts
For a wedding I would do it professionally so photos come out best as well -not overkill though just a light tan.
Ringy
825 posts
I've always had bad luck with professional spray tans - still always streaky or patchy. I used to go to a place that had a spray booth - so the machine sprayed you not a person and it was the best thing ever! But then they closed down. I've been so tempted to buy a booth myself as it was that good but I don't have a spare $10,000 lying around to purchase one. No one near me has one - not sure where in New Zealand does - but I'd check your area and see as the results were great. You pat yourself off after which takes a little practice so I'd recommend a few visits prior to master this and to try the different tan colours. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!