Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eyelash extensions

10 posts, 8 members
AboutFace
412 posts
Hi Ladies, I had lash extensions done for the first time and would like some advice please if you have had them done or do them.
All I want to do is take them off as some of the glue is on the rim of my eyes and is annoying me, is this normal? I phoned the place that did them and she said it's normal and because I'm not used to them and that I could have reacted to the glue. She said that I can have them removed but they were closing soon and I will have to wait till tomorrow and I won't get a refund. I feel like I'm being had. So I've been using coconut oil to try and remove them, are there other tips to get these off? I regret getting them done.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Technically you could pick them all off but you run the risk of damaging your natural lashes in the long run. Unfortunate that you've had a reaction to the glue. Hope all goes well when you get them removed.
AboutFace
412 posts
I don't think it's an allergic reaction to the glue, it's literally stuck on the inner rim of my eyelids and when I close my eyes you can feel the dry glue. Thanks Tabu I'm going to get them removed today. 
Millyw
63 posts
oh no, that sounds really uncomfortable, I hope they are removed ok. I have been wondering about getting them for the first time but am a bit on the fence!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg that would really do my head in! I would complain for sure. I hope you managed to get them off :-)
AboutFace
412 posts
I went back to the place and had them removed, unfortunately no refund. One eye is still sore but they feel a lot better. They were horrid. I'd recommend doing your homework before getting them done as I was talking to someone who has them and you couldn't see the glue at all and their's weren't annoying them. Get a fully qualified professional, lesson learned. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Eeek that sounds terrible You poor thing!!
Kimrose
1415 posts
I have never had eyelash extensions or anything like that, I have read some terrible things about them so it has really put me off!
shazatron101
5112 posts
That sounds awful and the fact they wont refund even part of it is rude. I wouldnt go back to that salon for anything.

Ive always wanted to get my eyelashes permed! haha it was my mystery shop when superheroes were a thing, but the place that did it had just run out of solution and werent doing it anymore so that was lame
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
That sounds like an awful experience. I've thought about lash extensions a couple of times, but my eyes are super senstive so maybe not. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!