Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

37 posts, 26 members
Macs
5351 posts
How do you care for your eye brows and what products do you use?  I normally tweeze my brows, but I'm growing them out. I'm going to get them shaped this week. My brows products I have is Rimmel Brow pencil, Loreal Brow Artist Plumper and the billion dollar brow pencil. I'm looking at trying the anastasia promeade or brow powders. Both of them I've never used before.
Rezee
1964 posts
I pluck, but not very often. I'm also growing mine out, its slowly working. I prefer pencils to fill mine in. I'm currently using a Korean one. I like the shape, its flat about 4mm wide and quite thin. It makes filling them in easy, but its a slighty warmer brown than I prefer. I use either a elf brow gel to set or if I want more volume, I use the loreal brow plumper in medium/dark. I love that stuff!
I've never tried a pomade before, I want to though. I've seen brands like nyx and I think chi chi have come out with cheaper ones, so I'd like to try one of those at some stage.
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I generally tweeze but I was growing them out with a plan to get them shaped at Benefit. WAS. I ended up getting them waxed at the mall on the weekend while my husband and son were having haircuts. I was standing there waiting and within five minutes I saw four different women go in to get theirs done so I figured they must do a semi-decent job, and I AM going on holiday tomorrow so for $10 why not? I am mostly happy about it but she didn't remove all the waxy residue from one brow so it's still a little tacky four days later. It's nice to have them looking like sisters and not second-cousins though.

As for day to day stuff, I'm still using my BDB brow pencil. I like it, but I'm kind of feeling like it might be fun to switch it up with something new like the Too Faced Brow Envy kit.
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm a tweezer-er also.
I don't use a lot of products as mine are quite dark and are finally looking a bit fuller after over 12 months of growing them out. But I love the L'Oréal brow plumper and I have a pencil I use from time to time.
Thinking I'm due for a re shape soon....
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I use tweezers and not much else. My eyebrows arr pretty good in their natural form.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I have very little brow hair to take care of but any stray hair is plucked away and what I do have plumped up with the L'Oréal brow plumper. I'm so in the market for that wonder potion that will cause them to grow back. Thinking if I ever gain the nerve to do it that the whole idea of feather tattoo brows which I saw on Brittany Saunders recently I would totally be game for that.
-Bex-
611 posts
I'm a waxer, it's so much quicker and I'll just tweeze a few here and there. And I'm still in love with the BDB pencil my brows do get slightly neglected when it comes to my makeup 
Ringy
825 posts
I used to wax but I have been growing them out for the last 3-4 years- and just plucking one random hair about once or twice a year. I have been wondering why after this long they aren't growing back and I do remember once being given a little vial potion to put on after waxing to stop hair growth- I'm thinking it must have worked which isn't so great now but deserves a google because I think I should use it on my underarms! But back to brows at the moment I am using an Avon brow pen and the ELF brow kit wax. 
Gossip Fairy
25 posts
Hmmm...brow products you say? Well you might want to pencil the 19th October in your diary...we'll be featuring THREE fabulous brow product trial teams, as well as giving some away! xox
-Bex-
611 posts
*gasps* gossip fairy! How exciting.. Gee I love the gossip fairy
pintsize
1072 posts
Very exciting! Love it when the Gossip Fairy flutters in for a visit :D

I haven't had anything done with my brows in over a year, safe to say that they are not growing as I haven't plucked or tweezed in just as long.  I used to get them tinted but I have my Holy Grail brow pencils now... I love the EOH ultimate brow define but I am open to trying others... you know... just in case ;)
mariaeolsina
46 posts
I get my eyebrows threaded. I also pluck them occasionally. 
I use E.L.F brow kit in medium to fill them and hair spray to set them on place.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I get mine threaded which reminds me I'm due to have them re done. When applying makeup.I never used to do anything with them till I was selected for the moisture mist eyebrow shading pencil which is all I use now to fill/shade them in :)
Macs
5351 posts
Oh gossip fairy you rock. Im love hearing news from you xx
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I usually get them threaded and then I try to maintain them as long as i can myself by plucking. And on a day to day basis I use the ABH brow whiz and L'oreal eyebrow plumper. I also have the dipbrow but need a good brush to use it with.
Mila
1209 posts
I dont have alot of brow hair to maintain unfortunately,but I pluck the totally random ones out .... and to tidy them up and make them presentable to the world I use a brow powder and lock in place with a clear gel.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I grew mine out from April to September then got them shaped and tinted at Benefit and now I either use the BDB pencil or Benefit Gimme Brow. I havd a Sephora Brow Freeze pencil which is great for shaping too plus Essence Lash and brow gel is a nice little cheapie too.

Gradually getting better brows
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I've heard a lot about the benefit gimme brow, might have to give this a try one day.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I've heard a lot about the benefit gimme brow, might have to give this a try one day.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Thanks for the tit bit gossip fairy! 

I will have my brows waxed and then I will tweeze in between visits. I have been using a Revlon Browmaker.
My amazing daughter sent me an e.l.f eyebrow kit which I have used a couple of times and will use again as I quite like it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Toni its suuuuuper easy for the impact. I should do one brow with and one without tmrw to show you lol
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Yes that would be cool to see what difference it makes.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sweet will throw it on the photowall tmrw x
I flat out gave up on mine. I'm going to get mum to tweeze them for me tomorrow then invest in a good brow gel. Thankfully mine are super full so minimal work is required!
Hi ya

I love the Jane Iredale bitty brow kit.  My makeup artist used it on my wedding day and I had to buy it after that!  It is super easy to use and a good price - it is also cruelty free :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I wax and pluck myself but would usually go to a salon to get them done stopped doing that this year bc I can never get the look I want from the therapist... they either go too skinny or too skinny lol. I've been there before. So this year has seen me experiment on myself again & I reckon I'm doing good.
I have the ABH dip brow & it is good but not as good as they say especially for us fuller brow ladies. I like the brow wiz which I think Macs you would benefit from but the dip brow is more for filling in with those who have no hair which I don't think you have that problem. Also claims that the dip brow doesn't budge is untrue. It does give a fuller effect to your brows but also does budge even upon setting. I'd think the brow wiz is nice and thin to lightly stroke thru the brows. A spooley is always a good investment because you can tame thru those hairs. Which helps with maintenance even at night just to keep the hair growing the right way. I'm going to get me one of those brow razors aswell because I often get extra long hair that fleek the absolute wrong way so taming with the razor will be helpful.
Macs I reckon a nice waxy brow pencil either the brow wiz which is nice and thin plus pigmented or the Revlon brow pencil bdb is good but has a thick nib which can be unhelpful. Another good brand is estee lauder or Elizabeth Arden. I had a look at the ZA brow pencil & that looks pretty good being thin a tad waxy & has a spooley with a retractable feature. Then having a setting product is good the loreal brow plumper is good & another is the essence clear gel for brows & lashes which you can find online and in farmers for under $10 dip brow is so exspensive here. The other brow butter I've used is the one by Rovie that's pretty good & cheaper then ABH dip brow then there's the chichi brow butter. The only thing about ABH is its online so you don't know if your shades correct.

All the best with your choices of product & with your brow shape. Let us know what you buy I'd be keen to see.
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for the tips keri. I also stopped going to get it salon done because it was never perfect. My tweezing skills aren't that good either. Never tried waxing them myself before (aka big Wuss lol)  Good to know about anastasia definately need them filled it better then my current brow pencils. Tomorrow I'm going to see my old Threading lady I normally see in the city. Maybe I could try someone different. 
Julieal
915 posts
I don't have heavy eyebrows so just the rate tweezer is OK for me.
chloednz
217 posts
I pluck any strays, have always been too scared of mucking it up and waxing off my whole eyebrow so have stuck to what I know. I have reasonably full brows after growing them out over the past few years but have a few bald patches that need a bit of help.

I use the wax portion of the elf brow kit to fill any gaps and the L'oreal brow plumper to set (love this). I find that the elf kit doesnt quite have the staying power I need, although I do like that its an ashy brown and doesnt run red like a lot of brow products do on me. I would like to get my hands on a cool toned brown pencil that will stay all day (have heard great things about the eye of horus brow pencil).
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love brows! Mine are basically non-existant... I have a few hairs but they are all blonde so without makeup you can hardly see them. I get them waxed every 4 to 5 weeks by my beautician lady who is awesome. She knows just how thick I like them and gets them perfect every time. I only tweeze the odd random hair that gets in the way, and sometimes I trim them down if they start poking in the wrong direction.

For products. At the moment I am using the BDB powder which I love, it is a great colour. But I think I am going to repurchase the Benefit Gimme Brow as it is fantastic for quick and easy brows. I'm using the L'Oreal brow gel from the last vault as well at the moment. Its good but the brush is quite large so it can be harder to use. I also have a Smashbox wee kit which is awesome, has two shades of brow powder and a wax in one small kit. Also have a Benefit one I like that has brow powder and wax and wee brushes and tiny tweezers, it is nice for when I'm travelling as I like knowing I have everything all together.

Who knew I had so much to say about brows!
alikat
423 posts
I love a great brow game - I get mine waxed and I had them done on Saturday, after not having had them done for probably 10 weeks! Whoops! I usually just put on some brow plumper from Loreal and walk out the door. If I have more time, its the ABH brow pomade. I did get a sample of the ABH powders with a sephora order and I think I'm going to have to order some as I sometimes used the MAC Brun eyeshadow, but that is in a palette I just sold.

jalb88
121 posts
Oooh loving that bit of info Gossip Fairy!! I'm getting mine waxed and tinted tomorrow. I find that tinting helps make them look fuller which is great as I'm also growing mine out. I use the moisture mist brow pencil every day and its great ! Keen to try a pomade too though- we have the ardell one at work and its super tempting! 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
So when I went to aussie a few weeks ago, I got my brows waxed a the benefit coutner, and that was the first professionaly person to do my brows. Now they are a nice shape, and I use the gimme brow just to fill in the bald patches. I also use the L'oreal brow plumper which works a treat aswell.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sorry yesterdays wasnt obvious so redid it. Gimme Brow pic on the photowall (one done, one not) to show the difference
Macs
5351 posts
Got my eye brows shaped yesterday. I will post a pic up of before and after, their much thinner. I like them so far. I haven't purchased any brow products yet, but want too.

That Gimme brow looked good trudi.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I tweeze mine. I use EOH brow define in Nile on my brows and a bit of the brow gel if I want to make them look really good that day.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Macs it's fast become a must have!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!