Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Excersise.. what do you do

30 posts, 20 members
karenmarie280
88 posts
I try to walk every day and do some sort of resistance training or toning excersises.
I have some great dvds of yoga and tai chi but have struggled to focus on the tai chi it is a little too slow for me.
I really enjoy the yoga but have been very slack lately so must re-motivate myself to start doing it more regularily.
I also have a boxing bag and speed ball that I used to be totally into using until I injured my ankle and I am sad to say I haven't started this up for far too long. What do you do and how do you stay motivated?
Does anyone do Bikram Yoga ?

Nishu
374 posts
I must admit I have been very slack since the beginning of this year. I need all the motivation at the moment. I usually do running and brisk walking. I do yoga once a week, its hatha yoga! Never done Bikram yoga.. but its on the wishlist.
LisaE5
447 posts
I always intend to go for a run everyday but when it comes around to it, I either can't be bothered or dont have the time to. I really want to become fit so I guess I will have to try harder to fit in time
pixie_stylz
228 posts
I have a few health problems at the moment. But do go for walks when i can. I'm saving up to get a exercycle in the next few weeks. Because with two young kids i can't get to the gym as much as i would like. But i'm pleased to say with mainly changing my diet.... i was 67kg and im now 61kg :)
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
I try to go on our treadmill we have set up every week day. I do brisk walking with the incline set up a couple of levels and I feel great just getting 30 mins of walking down. My tip is that if you are working out at the gym or on stationary workout equipment, load YouTube videos or tv shows that interest you on into your phone or ipad and it makes time go by so much faster. 

I preload a stack of beauty videos onto my iPad and watch them when I workout :)
LisaE5
447 posts
Pixie- exercycles are great. I was a little aprehensive at first but when I changed my diet to eat less/eat only when hungry and went on the exercycle I lost about 5 kgs. But then I lost motivation :(
LisaE5
447 posts
Nicole- I have found that aswell, especially if you watch 'getting ready with me' videos as you can see different ways to achieve good makeup looks
karenmarie280
88 posts
Thanks girls great to see your posts here..
I am also wondering do you think Gyms are worth the cost involved? And do you feel you need to go to a gym to keep yourself motivated ? Or how do you find motivation ? Is there any of the B R Crew who have a group of mates that excersise together be it walking or something else like attending Dance/step/zumba/kick boxing etc or another group or programme.
pixie_stylz
228 posts
I would love to join a walking group in my area.
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
I would love to join a a Zumba group, it seems like fun, especially with friends. A lot of gyms offer it but I know smaller towns also run Zumba classes in school / scout halls so I would imagine they'd be much cheaper to attend. 

Walking groups would be fun, a great chance to catch up while exercising ;)
deville
42 posts
I do a mixture of cross fit type exercise and training using kettle bells, weight plates and body weight also with boxing and a little running.   I love it as the physical exercise really helps keep my mental health in check.  When I don't exercise I feel blah and miss it.  I do listen to my body and if I need a break from the 5:30am wake ups I give myself the break.  I do want to do yoga and am aiming to try one that works on stretching and flexibility so that I can keep my muscles in the best condition as I get older.  Walking is something which I try to do with my kids after dinner as it helps them to sleep better.
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
In the summer my sister and I used to go walking most nights after tea and I feel asleep a lot faster than normal. I recently brought a yoga mat to do reverse crunches, stretches and blogilates videos on. I brought an everlast one from the warehouse while they were half price and only $15. 
Kellie
570 posts
I push a pram around each day for 20 - 40 minutes, but alas the weight continues to pile on (must stop eating so many treats!), so I'm looking at taking up karate.  

I've tried doing the gym thing but it's just not me, I get all self concious.  If I were fitter I'd take up squash as I used to enjoy playing that, but I wouldn't last a minute on the court in my current state   :)
LisaE5
447 posts
Good on you Kellie for trying something new :D Karate sounds like quite a bit of fun, and I don't normally think of it as exercise.
sonzw
29 posts
I don't do alot of anything I am afraid - I start with all the best intentions of going to the Gym and walking everyday...but then life gets in the way. It's too hot, too cold, not enough time in the day and so it goes on. I really need to be awhole lot more motivated and stick with it. I have challenged my son to lose 20 kgs and see which of us can do it first so I am hoping that will be enough to keep me honest this time...can't have him winning !!!
Wh0syaMama
35 posts
I go to Curves 2 -3 times a week and also do zumba...LOVE my zumba, heals my soul as well as being good for my body! Sometimes with Zumba though I do find it quite expensive, depending on who is running it, and it definitely is more fun doing it with people you know!
xjayloux
900 posts
Im really lazy.. Which is really bad considering i have 2 dogs.. and there is no excuse. But i do eat really really healthy. If i do excercise its walking my crazy energetic dogs and a bit of weights. I hate gyms with a passion and do not like going into them.. Theres something about a decent walk and a bit of vitamin e and fresh air that does the body a world of good!
karenmarie280
88 posts
Awesome to know what others are doing, thank you all, I am loving this thread
nessfindlay
36 posts
I find having a dog is great motivation!! Even when its cold/raining outside she always gets me out..and I feel much better for it.  I like to mix the dog walking up with gym workouts and my own running too..I just need some more motivation for the resistance training..approaching 40 and I know how important weights are for the muscles..its just so boring!
Narelle
57 posts
I dance, I go to Jazz and Contemporary classes for adults. It's fun and social, I would rather dance class over the gym any day. Plus it counts as a bit of brain training too; remembering all those moves.

I would like to get into a psuedo-boxing exercise class though. Anyone know of any good ones in Hamilton?
Tess
47 posts
I had surgery on my neck 2 yrs ago and have struggled to lose 'illness and medication' weight. In the last year ive been walking every day and using YouTube (Amanda Russell, Fitness Blender and 30 day shred). I tailor exercise to how I feel but always do something every day and also use My Fitness Pal to keep a food diary. In the last year I've lost 12kg and can now see my abs!
niki
20 posts
My dog gets me out every day, and we live close to a beach so it's a great way to clear the head and breathe some fresh air. In the weekends I also love going for long hikes and exploring new places. In the summer I do lots of swimming, and a bit of waterskiing and kayaking. I hate gyms and can never stick with them for long, but have recently done some Pilates and Yogalates classes which I've enjoyed.
geolilly
2 posts
I'm a dancer, but I also love pilates! Anyone looking at getting into pilates should check out Casse Ho on youtube, she does these pop pilates vids- they're so cool, heaps of different ones to choose from depending on your ability, she's really fun :)
colleencanary
764 posts
Zumba! its addictive ;)
LanaG
66 posts
Well.... I run around after a very hyperactive 4year old that has a Cochlear implant and a hearing aid, is very cheeky and takes them off and hides them all the time so he doesnt have to listen.... lol..  so i literally have to chase him around catch him and make him look at me so i can explain that he needs to keep them on... trust me! i have stayed the same size since he could walk, tires me out like you wouldnt believe, i get more excercise doing that  than i would spending a day at the gym !  anyone want to borrow him lol??
beautyandlouise
102 posts
I love walking, cross trainer, rowing machine, sit ups and boxing bag. Boom haha. I have been lazy lately tho. Even tho my gym is in my garage lol.
colleencanary
764 posts
I'm about to start a Muy Thai class :) so excited!
Apparently martial arts is the best calories blasting type of workout and its fun- so I was told but I'll see this for myself :) if the calories melt and I have fun lol
lauraisme
52 posts
I run and play netball. I really love being active! Netball on Saturdays is so much fun, we may not be very good haha but it's about getting out there :)
sonzw
29 posts
Well I am on my way again....hopefully in it for the long haul this time. After reading what others are up to I invested in amagicbullet, started making some of those yum smoothies that you lovely ladies recommended and have hit the pavement walking 8 to 10 Kim's 4 days a week. Thought I would start with walking and build up to going back to the gym.  A little cold walking on some of these mornings but it will be worth it when I can fit my clothes again...because there is no way I am buying yet a bigger size..no no no
Rhiannon135
74 posts
I try to go running everyday, but recently I'm just lacking the motivation (I think it's the cold). I still manage to get about 3 runs in a week and one of them is a decent sized one with Nike Run Club (A free run club based in Auckland CBD and you get free Nike gear for attending :) ).
I also try to do yoga, but do not go very often.
Otherwise (because I don't have a car) I walk everywhere and that's at least an hour a day.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!