Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

32 posts, 26 members
Macs
5351 posts
I've had heaps of emails with sales popping up in my junk. Do you guys open them and fall for a sale or straight delete? This is how Lush and other companies have reeled me in. I need some will power, any tips? I need to use up what I have first.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I get them too! I read them, sometimes I check said deal out, but I haven't given in yet. Mostly because I really need to save my money, big things is happening in my world! That and nothing has really screamed at me to buy it. I don't really have any tips though, sorry!
MareeB
5239 posts
Me too Macs. I've recently assigned heaps of them to my spam folder because I need a new car so I'm trying not to spend!
MrsRosie
214 posts
Unsubscribe for awhile so you dont get tempted. You can always sign up again. Ive had a huge cull of promo emails since I havent been working as I didnt need the temptation, plus it made me sad haha. Companies will always be having a sale so dont think you are going to miss out, you know if it was worth shouting about someone will post about it on BR. Stay strong! xx
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I love looking at makeup sales emails! I usually can't be bothered clicking through to their actual website though unless the sale is spectacular, so I guess I'm immune from email sales?
Emily-jane
314 posts
Great advice ladies. It doesn't even need to be a sales email for me to be tempted lol. Everytime I see those presale emails come from the Best ever beauty box I jump in. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I can't spend anything at the moment and it's really hard!  I just delete emails as they come without opening them and I limit temptation.  Usually on my partners day off, we usually go up town and just do random shopping but we don't do that anymore. I also dont watch youtube haul videos or whats new videos.  It's hard but I guess it helps to think of a long term goal (if you have one),  or if you can put a little bit of money away for a planned spend sometime? Even a couple of dollars each week would add up over a couple of months!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I read them occassionally, but because they're in the promotions tab on gmail I often don't even see them.
-Bex-
611 posts
It's annoying when your trying to save. I'm kind of lucky because our account for our business hasn't got a visa debit card and no banking apps etc so if we need money it goes in overnight and usually sales are for one day only. Although there is the pesky credit card but that means interest and fees. I try to not even open them and have unsubscribed from a few. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Delete, delete, delete! At the moment we are saving for a new washing machine and I'm a suckered for a sale so when I check my emails, daily, I delete them without opening them!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I leave them unopened when at work, then unsubscribed and deleted once I can access my laptop. I put a picture of my goal on the fridge to keep me motivated.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Mostly delete. I get too many emails to be spending time reading each one.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I am sucker for the sale.we saving some money for some job to be done. Recently I did unsubscribe all my email, just fews of  them I didn't. Just delete all email or unsubscribe if that help u macs.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have a look at them when I check my emails. Sometimes the sales are good and I can save money, sometimes the sales are on things I actually need. Other times I can't really buy the stuff I want because there are other things I need more urgently.
Artemis
311 posts
I ignore pretty much all right now, still get a few on my Insta which I look at but dont/cant give into, on a no-buy for the rest of my life right now, haha!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I get them all sent to my spam box, then I can just skim down the sender email and choose which I want to look at or I'd be there forever and a lot more poorer!  I do have some go to my inbox that I like to get updates from, like Farmers, Lush, Body Shop, etc.. 

Qweenkaren
313 posts
I tend to hit delete before I have even really read them. It's the only thing saving me.
then on the days I do want to buy something, I can never really find what I want.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm not really an online shopper - i find it super easy to ignore 99% of sale emails. A physical sale on the other hand.... i can never resist
Macs
5351 posts
I need to delete and stop reading them lol I wish I had that all your guya will power. So far I havent caved yet. One week so far lol 
kirstyj
1732 posts
One day I added up how much I spent on stuff I didn't need over a couple of months and was totally shocked. So I eventually decided I needed less temptation! I used a service called unroll.me that unsubscribes you from lots of e-mails and I found this great to get rid of a whole lot of temptation. Now I just check sites if I'm interested. That and now each time I get a new e-mail from a site so I don't get any new temptation coming in each day
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Kirsty I love the sound of unroll me! What a great service.
MissQT
1547 posts
I aleays love sales. However, I often like to check these emails as I fear I'll miss out on somrthing, then just delete them. They always clog my inbox so I often end up not even opening them then just bulk deleting them. Something which you could do (and I haven't done) is set up separate folders I'm your inbox and set specific emails for doe if if senders to automatically get set o that folder. That way it won't clog your inbox and you can still check them when you want to.
Ringy
825 posts
I always succumb to the email temptations. I was good for a while but lately I've been a little sucked in. I think June/July will be essential buying only for me.  
Macs
5351 posts
Yep Ive been a big sucker lately. I definately need to unroll myself. I had to close my eyes at that 20% off sale on boxes lol 
MrsRosie
214 posts
Me too Macs, I want a beauty box so bad!!!! but no current job means no spend for me. I think thats why Im most looking forward to the vault tomorrow, I can curb some purchasing withdrawals Im having without breaking the bank.
Macs
5351 posts
Im looking forward to tommorow Mrs Rosie. I have butterflies already. Ready for the hunger games to begin tommorow lol
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm usually a sucker for email sales lol, however since I've started working full time, I've been too tired to even look at them and they just go straight to the deleted folder. I haven't even purchased the new Lush hair treatments or Bossy Cosmetics products, although it won't be far off as I have my eye on a few things from both sites he he he
ladythorn
108 posts
I unsubscribed to them as I found they were taking over my inbox and I was beginning to miss important emails.We are currently saving for a wedding & a house so I don't need the temptation at the moment! :) 
Artemis
311 posts
Congrats on the wedding/house, Lady ThOrn! :) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just unsubscribe from them, especially the one day deals one. They were taking up too much time to look at and I wasn't buying anything from them anyway. 
charly
456 posts
I'm a sucker for reading thing. The True emails lately have been really tempting me! But USUALLY I'm pretty good about not buying. 
Chaotic82
522 posts
This inspired me to go through and unsubscribe to a bunch of emails that were too tempting :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!