Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

12 posts, 5 members
Macs
5351 posts
I just coloured my hair over the weekend. Was wanting to know what hair products will be good to lock my hair colour in? It's a bit dry at the ends too. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've yet to come across a product that really locks the colour in. Best advice is to not wash your hair too often (and leave it as long as possible before the first wash) Only keep conditioner on for a short time and don't use deep conditioners as I find its conditioner that takes the colour out, not shampoo. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Semi permanent or permanent, dying all your hair or just your roots, Macs?
Macs
5351 posts
I didn't even look at the box. Omg Im thinking I grabbed permanent.  I did the whole lot. My hair was so washed out.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I honestly have not found the perfect product. I do recommend a lock in colour shampoo though and do not wash your hair everyday. If your not going to wash it don't get it wet. I find the colour will even wash out if it is rinsed under water xx what colour did you dye your hair hun?

trudijoy
8375 posts
I use permanent Macs and it can stress your hair out. I use Lush Daddy-O shampoo and L'Oreal Fibralogy conditioner (to add volume). I thoroughly recommend Daddy-O and also Lush R&B; head in and grab samples to try out! My hair stays nice now through the lengths and only loses colour in the roots, ie regrowth. The Schwarzkopf colour mousse toned put my grey a bit if used often but didn't impact the colour. Fudge do a colour refresh treatment that's quite good; it's about $5 a sachet. Try coconut oil too, pull it through your lengths about 30 mins before you shower then shampoo and condition as usual
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Amy I chose Chocolate Brown. It looks black though. I was looking at Daddy o in Lush the other day. I keep forgetting about their samples every time I go in.  
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Always get the samples, Macs! Lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
You think I would of aye. Next time I'm at Sylvia I'll get some samples
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Aw nice Macs, I'm sure it still looks good! :) that's the thing with trying to colour dark hair everything looks black lol I bet in the sun you'll see the colour though.
Macs
5351 posts
It's been months since I've done my hair Amy . It is brown in sunlight. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
An intensive mask and colour shampoos and conditioners for when you wash your hair should help a little

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!