Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

duty free splurge wish list

30 posts, 13 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
hey! so it looks like i'll be spending a bit of time in duty free next month, and because I'm panning I don't want to really buy lots of small things. I want something lovely though haha.

If you could only buy one thing duty free, (pretend cost isn't a factor!) what would you opt for?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
A handbag either from LV or MK well what the heck both of them with the matching wallet also a LV travel tote & trolley
Something from Urban Decay & MAC including their new perfume range & something limited edition from both brands a rose gold Tag Heuer watch or Rolex if they're available. Luckily for me this is an imagine thread of what I'd buy if I could. Dreams are free.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't know what stores are there, and I'm not sure the list I googled is correct but eh. I'd get some alcohol and some sunglasses. Maybe a new watch! :P 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Hmmm well I'm going to spend some time at Duty free as well ... but not as much as you :)

I'm thinking a nice wallet might be in my future or a bag.
Makeup wise they always have some nice travel palettes there that you can't get elsewhere.
I will also be stocking up on MAC stuff.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Haha only two countries kirsty! That reminds me, I want to try that MAC powder, and I could do with a travel sized pink blush. I have perfume, don't wear a watch. Ooooh sunnies though hmmm! On the way back in it'll be whisky for the bro and champagne for me I think
trudijoy
8375 posts
We know I'll be tempted by Benefit and Vs, UD from Aussie...
MareeB
5239 posts
Oooooo I'm planning to go to Sydders later in the year and was dreaming about Westfield Mall -  I totally didn't even think of duty free - I'm really going to have to get saving....
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooh definitely a perfume would be high on the list.  If cost wasn't a factor, I would totally get Lancome Poeme, it smells sooooo good but it is so expensive.  I'd even be happy with a trial size he he he.  If cost was a factor however, it would be a Viva La Juicy gift set, my ultimate favourite perfume.
MareeB
5239 posts
Mmmm yes I love Poeme as well (I've only smelled it on other people tho!) I don't know what to look for in duty free so I'll make sure I get there early :) I'll be stalking bags and shoes at Westfield!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he I've only smelt it on other people too as I couldn't afford it lol.  Well worth the price tag though as it smells amazing. Enjoy your splurge and let us know what you splurged on x
trudijoy
8375 posts
Perfumes one thing I don't really stockpile tbh! Maree I looooove Sydney, are you mostly in the CBD? Def check out the Queen Victoria building for bags and things too!
MareeB
5239 posts
I'll probably stay at Paramatta Trudi, because my son lives there. I used to love shopping at Hurstville when I lived there in the 80s ( I lived in Bankstown and shopped at Bankstown Mall too) but I'm not sure I'd even be able to find it now lol!! My local was the Milperra Tavern where the Father's Day rival-gang shootings happened (bit of name-dropping trivia).
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ah cool, I was out there in Nov :). I adore Sydney, like seriously would live there. This trip is Samoa and then Melbourne a few days after I get back. Somewhere I know well plus somewhere brand new :)

can't  say I'm familiar with Bankstown and Milperra though! New places to try!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
If money was no object.....a Tom Ford perfume. But I can't ever imagine spending over $300 on a perfume! So it would just be good old Mac which I refuse to pay NZ retail for. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I love Sydney too - it always feels 'hopeful' if that doesn't sound too weird. And the shopping is great. I'm so jealous of you going to Samoa, I've always wanted to go there. I don't really have a bucket list but going to Samoa is one thing I really want to do before I kick off.
MareeB
5239 posts
I've never even  heard of Tom Ford soozie - sounds pretty expensive?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Haha soozie that's expensive!

maree I don't know exactly why but it's been on my list for years, and while Dad was sick booking travel wasn't really possible. First proper travel I've booked since it became possible!
trudijoy
8375 posts
And yeah Sydney makes me feel happy on a soul deep level. Not sure why! Just does :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ahhh, they are lovely. Quite complex smelling but they transport me back to childhood and sniffing mum or grandma's perfumes on their dressing table. I'm getting into more old fashioned floral scents. So many these days smell so synthetic and sickly. 

I actually quite like some of Lush's perfumes. Some of them smell awful when you first put them on but develop nicely. Forget the solid ones though. They literally don't last five minutes one me. 
Macs
5351 posts
If I was to choose something I would go for a perfume either Black Opium or Paco Rabane Olympea both on my wishlist. For make up I would pick a YSL Lipstick :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhhhh I would get a new perfume and definately alcohol. Sounds like fun Trudi :-)
Ringy
825 posts
I just bought a new perfum - Dior Poison Girl - it's soooo nice. The shop lady convinced me to get the EDT even though I always get EDP - i also usually google to see the best price etc but I didn't this time and am slightly regretting it - wish I'd waited and got the EDP duty free - not that I have any trips planned but you never know! It's such a yummy perfum though so you should at least have a spritz and see what you think. 

trudijoy
8375 posts
i think i've smelled that one ringy - its lovely, from memory!
For perfume I really want Frederic Malle's Portrait of a Lady. I have no idea which airports might even have this to be frank. Maybe Charles du Gaulle in Paris? I also want Bapteme de Feu by Serge Lutens which smells like gingerbread. And maybe Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille. But I also want Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille which Smith and Caugheys has right now!

I'm not too keen on makeup right now but I would like backups of my Mac Prolongwear froundation in NC15. Finally found something that works perfectly for me!
Ringy
825 posts
you need to look for those super duty free packs/sizes they have - you know stuff that you can only get in 100ml size at duty free, there's always heaps and I fiddle faddle around and think I'll get them on the way home and then they don't have it. There was a L'occitane pack that had the divine face cream and two other things and it was $200 but I thought I'd get it on the way home and Melbourne airport didn't have it- devastated! It was such a bargain. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i usually get a Benefit pack; might save that one for Melbs though :)

Wow that L'occitane deal sounds like a bargain! Their stuff isn't cheap so 3 for $200 sounds much cheaper!
Ringy
825 posts
also - this topic has been on my mind a bit today, think I need an OS holiday! La Mer or SK11 are meant to have awesome skincare but they are always so expensive! I'd be reasearching their best/most highly rated products. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
La Mer intrigues me too! Why so expensive? Is it REALLY that good?

I have an expensive moisture cream i LOVE though (Benefit Total Moisture) <3
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Hmm. Probably Chanel cosmetics (or a bag if they had it at some of the overseas duty free).
Imoshen
461 posts
Stay away from the Lamer :).  

It IS over priced, comes in jar packaging (which we all know is not good for skincare) and you really need to ask yourself, if you bought it and liked it, could you keep paying those silly prices for it?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!