Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

29 posts, 12 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey lovelies, hope you are all having a wonderful Easter x

Just looking for some advice for little Miss 10 Munchkin who has extremely dry flaky lips.

We've tried so many different types of lipbalms and treatments which seem to help for a little bit but then her lips go back all dry and flaky. I keep reminding her to drink water but it doesn't appear to be helping. They are not cracked or bleeding either.

Any suggestions on what else I can do? 

trudijoy
8375 posts
The Blistex Lip conditioner in the white pottle. I have it handy all the time for dealing with the havoc wreaked by all the flying, air conditioning, temperature changes etc I put myself through. Sorts out even the most horrifically chapped lips in 24 hours. Can’t be any Blistex, must be this one. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooh thanks hun, haven't tried that one yet. Will hunt it down at the Pharmacy today.

Loved seeing all your holiday snaps on Facebook, looks like you had an amazing time.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks luv! Still going tbh, in HK today and tomorrow then home :D 

At the stage where I’m starting to miss my own bed a little bit but it’s been an amazing trip!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I constantly get super dry, horrible lips. I have tried everything.  I now use lush lip scrub then Blistex lip conditioning balm in the pink tube. I have so many lip balms but it is by far the best.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I've found the Hurraw Moon Balm to be more moisturizing than the other ones in the line since it's for overnight. I'm currently using a sample pot of the Laneige lip sleeping mask at night and really liking it. I got it with a sample pot of the sleeping mask for around ten bucks off Yesstyle.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Not the best for you, but I find when all fails I go back to Vaseline.
Macs
5351 posts
My big girl just came back from nanas in Tauranga with dry lips too . I’ll definitely try some of these suggestions.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Blistex lip conditioner for me as well.. Quite soothing for the lips =D.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I  also use a lip scrub my fave is the Frank Body one as that one has some oils and sticks to your lips so you can get a good even scrub. I like to use it before I hit the shower and I just rinse it off. Also a drop of oil, any skincare oil even a bit of coconut oil before you apply your lip balm makes a difference.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks for all the product recommendations - I picked up the Blistex Lip Conditioner (could only find the tube version in store) and also Blistex Medicated Relief. 

Will see how we go with those.

shazatron101
5112 posts
sarah did you find anything to help your mini you? 
im struggling to find anything to help me at the moment, it's doing my head in!!!

currently using burts bees, skinfood, apicare as well as aquaphor at night as it's thicker. NOTHING IS HELPING!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've just discovered Lanolips Coconutter and i'm abslutely obsessed.

Its amazing on lip, scratches, bites, i've used it on my nails etc.  it's $17.50 from Mecca but it's my absolute holygrail must have product atm. 

Could be worth a go?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
When my lips get really dry and nothing seems to help, I pop a little bit of Oasis Beauty’s Rhino Repair on them a few times per day.  The dryness is usually gone within 24-48 hours, and then I go back to using a normal lip balm (currently using Anoint’s beeswax balm). 
shazatron101
5112 posts
bit rich for my blood there, trudi lmao even if it is a holy grail :/ when it comes to things like that i think i prefer the try before you buy lol or at least, a sample!

why didnt i think of rhino!! durr!! ill chuck some on after ive done my diy lip mask and see if it helps. thanks silvene! <3 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i started off with a Mecca loop sample, to be fair <3 
shazatron101
5112 posts
i almost wish you could buy the samples mecca (or anyone) send out. i mean id be neck deep in them but i think its a brilliant way to try all the (in)expensive thangs
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup i've had similar thoughts!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've been using one from Doterra hun, it's really done wonders for her lips and mine. I'll message you on Facebook hun as I don't want anyone to think I'm selling to you on here xxx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thatd be grand, thank you xx
siouxsannah
261 posts
When my lips are really sore and dry I use Blistex Medicated Reflief. It works everytime for dry, bleeding lips. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
DoTerra have some stufffffffff <3 I’m loving the DigestZen oil, I add it to my water and it’s so good! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I ended up going to the chemist after i sneezed and my lips cracked in several places, cue angry ouchies. 
i bought a brand named Dermal, its thick, smells like old school chapstick but my word its doing the trick
MareeB
5239 posts
Eeek I hope you get better soon Shaz xxx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Glad you found something Shaz! Omg I hate dry lips. Never heard of that brand before.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I bought the Lanolips coconut tear today in Trudi’s recommendation. My lips are fine but I have a crack at the corner of my mouth that won’t heal. So far so good. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Amazing.... hope you love it. It’s LIFE for my lips 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The corner of my mouth feels better already. I was using a Manuka balm which helped but it has the dreaded eucalyptus oil in so not the best to use near your mouth. Happily swapped that out for coconut!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yay! It’s so good :D

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!