Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Does Sephora.nz Do Birthday Gifts?

26 posts, 8 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Last year when I signed up to the Sephora.com website eager to get some of those nice holiday sets, discovered that Sephora does birthday gifts for members. You have to either make an order or maybe go pick it up instore. Last year there was a choice some deluxe sized face masks pots or two mini Nars lip crayons, I wanted the lip crayons. I was planning to make an order ship it to Youshop and add my birthday gift in the order. The problem was when Sephora decided not to ship to Youshop. I tried the roundabout way and was going to ship it to my friend's flat in the States and then she would mail it to Youshop, but then Sephora didn't accept my card since it was based in NZ. 
    So my birthday is coming up this next month and luckily Sephora.nz ships here, I haven't ordered from them yet but I'm wondering if they do birthday gifts as I might do my first order next month if they do. Otherwise, I'll wait to see if some of the holiday sets trickle from Sephora.com to Sephora.nz and then do an order.
Koni
444 posts
Sadly I don't think they do at this stage but maybe in the future? Sephora NZ does "birthday offers" - on my birthday I received $NZD10.00 off my next purchase but it had to be over $NZD90.00.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just wrote a review for the eye mask I picked up in the Sephora store in Melbourne and noticed they are only $3nz on the website. They were $6aus in the Melbourne store which is actually more than twice as much! I have no idea why that would be but thought they seemed expensive for a single use product. Hmmm.....
lisahallam
9 posts
Yes they do, I haven't received mine yet but made an order and added the curated birthday gift to cart. I googled this year's birthday gifts and it is a Marc Jacobs gift or a Fresh gift. However when I received my confirmation email it says, sephora collection birthday gift so it seems us nzers gift comes from the sephora collection. I hope its a good one! Plus you also receive a $10 discount, no minimum spend and double points.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Wow... that really puts me off ordering lol
Macs
5351 posts
oh that's no good. I haven't had a chance to make an order yet.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh thanks for letting me know I was looking at the Kat Von D Metal Matte palette tossing up whether I should get it or not and also wondering if the Sephora will be stocking the Bite Beauty limited edition sets from this year. Good to know that it hasn't been such a good store to buy from.
trudijoy
8375 posts
The KVD Metal Matte is awesome tannygirl. Love mine
Macs
5351 posts
I love Too Faced tannygirl. That pallette is super cute . Nothing has really captured me at sephora yet.
shazatron101
5112 posts
If you get the premium shipping (3-8 days) does it actually arrive in that time frame? 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Trudi, I really loved the Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette it is really amazing! Honestly if you need a good quality matte neutral eyeshadow palette look no further. It was one of my best beauty investments last year. The eye shadows are so pigmented, easy to blend and most importantly for me, stay in place without creasing. Essential for people with monolids or hooded lids really. So I was looking at the Metal Matte because I was thinking it'd be great to inject a bit more color into my eye makeup looks and it had all those matte eyeshadow and then some shimmers (which would take me forever to get through). But then it's such a large palette and honestly unless it's like the Shade and Light palette that's all neutrals it'd take forever to use up and plus it's $95. So I was really on the edge about whether I needed it based on the fact that I do have all of EOH colorful pencils and when you have monolids a pencil tip takes up all your eyelid so already have pops of color. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Macs, I think the only Two Faced product I have is a little deluxe mini of The Chocolate Solei Bronzer. Obviously, contouring is a new thing for me luckily my face is oval shaped, my hairline isn't too bad, the double chin hasn't shown up yet and my nose isn't too bad but that's probably all consolation for my tiny monolid eyes which really, really need contouring every time I do my makeup. I only recently found out about the Two Faced Chocolate Chip on Youtube the reviews are mixed though. Some people think the pans are too small or they think it's patchy. I actually like that it's a small palette because eyeshadows are actually really difficult to hit pan on and since discovering matte shadows I don't really use shimmers much anymore. I am tempted by the Lorac Unzipped though because though burguny, rose gold shades I don't have in my collection. Oh gosh, since when did I get eyeshadow palette crazy? I was supposed to be trying to hit pan on what I already have.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Welp. I did a Sephora order anyway, and I've had no problems with shipping. In fact, its apparently turning up tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm shocked or excited - after everything I've heard I was worried about doing an order but I guess if you spend enough to get the Premium service you have nothing to worry about! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh cool! What's the minium spend for the premium service, Shaz?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Sephora nz also has its 12 days of Christmas gifts spemd $60 & receive a gift the last few days have been goodies yesterday was a Marc Jacobs liner the first day was KVD mini studded lipstick they're upping their game and have new sephora favorites coming in
shazatron101
5112 posts
$150 minumum for premium. you can buy it though, I think, for $10. Just a shame everything is always out of stock!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Well that's a planned splurge but with some saving it's doable. Can we see your haul, Shaz?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Unfortunately not, its all gifts! I wish it was all for me haha 
tannygirl
3392 posts
That's very generous of you Shaz.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
That is the case with Sephora aye out of stock is a normal on high demand items
shazatron101
5112 posts
So the order arrived today minus one thing I ordered. It's not even on the site anymore so I'm a bit ???? about it. Have emailed, FB'd and opened up a PayPal dispute with them to get their attention so I can get my money back! The rest of the order though is beaauuuttiful!

trudijoy
8375 posts
that sucks shaz :( what did you miss out on? They best sort that for you QUICK.

I've only ordered from Sephora a few times but had no issues so far
shazatron101
5112 posts
it well and truly does suck! It was the only thing in the damn parcel that was for me! Hahaha it was the Roller Lash mascara (sample size) but still. I hope they sort it quick but I don't have much hope, thats why I started the dispute bahahahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
dammit i just opened and started using my sample size freebie one or i'd have sent you that x
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hah! Naw thats very kind of you Trudi! <3 I appreciate it. I guess it's lifes way of saying I don't need it. Maybe... Lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
So after opening a dispute with Sephora on PayPal, they emailed me and told me I was going to be refunded the $$, as well as giving me a discount code for 20% off and free shipping! Good result (as long as the refund goes through). 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!