Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Do you use a Hand Bag ?

26 posts, 22 members
karenmarie280
88 posts
I am really curious to know if I am some kind of non conformist rebel..ha ha..I never use a hand bag I used to kind of, as a teenager. Waaaay back in the olden days LOL. But I have always found them to be such a hassle, I usually carry a lip balm in my pocket & I might have a carry bag in the car if I think I will need anything while I am out but, to be honest this is usually sunscreen, a water bottle & occassionally a hairbrush. I am a minimalist,  they are kind of unhygenic too as they end up with so much junk in them + people leave them on floors in bathrooms & toilets etc. A pet hate I have is when someone breezes in & plonks their bag on a table or bench. Do you carry a hand bag everwhere all the time ?
lenarose
313 posts
I always carry a hand bag! I have so much stuff in it. Here's a pic I took of everything in my bag  - http://www.imgur.com/C7MrSoW.jpegIn my bag right now. 2 empty Tupperware containers, throat lozenges, tissues, a key ring, glasses case, hand cream, ipod, earphones, wallet, gum, 2 hair ties, perfume sample, medication I no longer take, hand mirror, cigarette lighter to usb adapter, fun size chocolate bar, ticket to a comedy show I went to 2 weeks ago, paracetamol, business card holder, lipstick, lip balm, dry mouth spray, pencil, sunglasses case.I could probably do with emptying some of it out.
EKKKK lol i have become one of the lazy ones to use my bra as a bag!!
Lucia
21 posts
I don't use it all the time, only when I am dress up. If I am going casual I use my pockets or my little backpack. I love hand bags but I use them more like an accesorie, to give the final touch.  :-) 
BarbaraMay
131 posts
I used to, but only little ones to carry phone, card, keys, lip gloss. Then I got married and discovered he's always got pockets :)

If I'm out by myself I just throw what I need in the nappy bag and my phone goes in the bra...might as well make the most of the gigantic bosom I have acquired recently!!
karenmarie280
88 posts
Oh so glad to see some others don't always carry a bag. Love the pic lenarose, had a chuckle as I was reminded of a friend who used to have everything & the kitchen sink in her bag,
Lol snappy.. its great how handy husbands pockets are I'm with you there.. Make the most of the nappy bags & baby boobs.. Just thought of something else,..  I always feel sorry for the poor guy who has to obediently wander around carrying the missus's bag while she shops, seems a little unfair especially as he might come across one of his buddies- Oh the shame

tanitaandtia
144 posts
I don't always use my handbags but for some reason i always think i need to take a lip gloss with me.... Then I clean my bag out and have a huge amount in there, this is my handbag at the moment :/ i really need to clear it out more often and stopp chucking more stuff in there! I actually hate carrying a bag i'd rather use my pockets, I seen a class of about ten year olds on a library trip today and one wee girl had a handbag! (was nicer than mine ) 
tanitaandtia
144 posts
I tried to add a picture but no idea how to!
belindaledwards
111 posts
I always take my handbag everywhere with me lol, it is too big, and has too much stuff in it, but without it I'd feel quite lost. Occassionally if I'm just popping into the supermarket I'll only take my wallet out of it. When I'm old I'll probably walk lop sided too lol :-)
belindaledwards
111 posts
I always take my handbag everywhere with me lol, it is too big, and has too much stuff in it, but without it I'd feel quite lost. Occassionally if I'm just popping into the supermarket I'll only take my wallet out of it. When I'm old I'll probably walk lop sided too lol :-)
Angell
182 posts
I use a blue cloth handbag, bought in Takaka. Hubby calls it my hippie bag :) Big enough for all my stuff and then a bit more.... When my kids were babies, it was scary what you could find in my handbag!
Cat
474 posts
I always use a bag but only like smallish ones. I don't tend to carry a lot this way. Usually I chuck in lip balm and lippy of choice for the day, wallet, sunnies, tissues, keys, phone and hand sanitiser. Sometimes I'll leave my bag in car and take in my wallet. My wallet is a zip round and fits my phone which is handy if I want to go without a bag. 
colleencanary
764 posts
The bigger my handbag the better. I carry my whole with me and would feel lost and naked without my handbag.
I've always and probably will always be a "just in case" person. I dont want to feel stranded when I dont have somethingI consider a must to have with me for that "just in case"moment :)

And also, the bigger the bag the more shopping bags I can hide away from my husband when I have those lunch time shopping urges lol :)
I used to be a huge handbag fan but then I just started to just carry my wallet around, but have just recently scored myself a cute vintage hermes clutch which converts a little bag its si gorgeous and in really awesome condition :) I just put essentials in lipbalm, mascara,sunglasses, wallet
RachelM
345 posts
Love my handbags, I change them depending on what I'm doing that day. I carry my wallet, small cosmetic bag with lippy/gloss and powder, wipes, tissues, keys, another small cosmetic bag with my meds in, little notebook, pen not that much really, just love handbags.  Only really got into them after I didn't need a baby bag and needed to put snacks and things for my son in, now I don't really leave the house without one.
I used to be a huge handbag fan but then I just started to just carry my wallet around, but have just recently scored myself a cute vintage hermes clutch which converts a little bag its si gorgeous and in really awesome condition :) I just put essentials in lipbalm, mascara,sunglasses, wallet
I love my huge bag!  I carry so many things "just-in-case" which I guess is because I am a mother of 4!  Looking in my current bag right now I have a wallet, hairbrush, sunscreen, small screwdriver set, lighter, 5 pens, panadol(which is a crack-up because I never use it!!), nile file, scissors, sunglasses, and a whole lot of reciepts that I really need to sort through!
1139 posts
I don't use a handbag, I actually have quite a few bags that I carry around depending on whether I'm at work, uni, going out for coffee etc. Usually I just transfer my stuff between my bags!
Kellie
570 posts
I loooooove giant totes and have quite a collection of them in all sorts of colours. It's ridiculous really as all I put in them are my wallet, keys and cellphone  :)
Genna
49 posts
I go through stages of what type of bag i use, at the moment i have a bigger satchel type bag which i use for work so i can carry the essentials: water bottle, sunnies, purse, phone, lip gloss, nail file and then the extras that i feel i should just always have, three or so pens, deoderant, santitary items, tweezers, and for some reason i like to always make sure i have a spare pair of earrings with me. when i go out i usually take a clutch unless i have to take a jacket then i will just put my phone, card and lip gloss in the pockets. In thinking about it i probably use my car as more of a storage place for things i need as i usually always have my car and will just put the items i need into my bag from there if i am taking one!!
baileybreanna
119 posts
Up until November last year (ahh where has this year gone!!) I never used a handbag. Wasn't hunting for one, but saw one in Colette that I just had to have! Since then I haven't been without one :) Don't know how I've lasted so long without one really! 
Kylenefs
68 posts
I have to use one, am type 1 diabetic and need to carry my insulin and test kit where ever I go so unfortunately its always take a hand bag here there and every where! I have found a reasonably small one so don't have to carry to much besides the kit and wallet and keys.. but some days I really wish I didn't have to take one all the time!
pingalulu
26 posts
ah i am so glad that i am not the only one!seriously my hand bag is the bane of my life i hate it! Don't get me wrong it's beautiful, however I have a samsung s3 and a chunky as wallet and cant get away with those incy wincy handbags! I am constantly the woman rummaging through my bad searching for my wallet...and keys...I swear its like a tardis in there....It's like a never ending void of stuff!! I have a beautiful guess bag from america...but ah I wish i was a boy and just could do the whole pocket thing. People say your boyfriends the best accessory to have but hes too mean to hold my bag for me as its girly and heavy!:( xx
xjayloux
900 posts
Handbags were always my luxury splurge items when I was living at home, I built up a collection of LV and Gucci bags and they are literally my babies, I cant afford to splurge anymore now that im not living under my parents roof haha. I cant live without a handbag.. And its terrible. I tend to have one that I use more then the others and its a wrist bag, I swear im getting arm problems from wearing all the of the weight on my wrist.. But I still continue to use it and forget to ROTATE arm wearage. ahhhh.. I also have a terrible tendency to stack my bag full of a selection of lipsticks and lip glosses and hoard receipts..
Lana1998
11 posts
I never carry a handbag but I do hav a side bag which is just a really small bag with a long strap that I got from farmers. The brand is guess and it seems to fit everything I need in it
Crisper
66 posts
Love handbags!those you can fit almost everything inside:)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!