Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Do you do your makeup according to the weather?

23 posts, 15 members
siouxsannah
261 posts
I do. I change my makeup according to the season. I wear darker colour lipstick in winter, and brighter, lighter lipstick in summer. I also wear brighter eyeshadow, and coloured eyeliner in spring/summer, and darker, more muted eyeshadow in autumn/winter. Dark coloured lipstick is especially appropriate on cold gray days I find. 
Kimrose
1416 posts
I have never thought about the weather while doing my make up.  Mine always depends on my mood and how much time I have.
MissQT
1547 posts
Sometimes, but not in that way. If it's raining I think about how much mascara I want to wear and how many times I'm going to go outside. If it's raining or really hot I'll definitely apply powder too. I don't really think about the colours I wear though, the mood I'm in or event/activities in doing during the day dictate that.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Weather doesn't bother me. I always wear makeup according to my mood. I do prefer pencil eyeliner in summer and water base foundation. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
It's not something I have really thought about, I normally try and match my clothes. I might have to observe myself over the next week or so
Rezee
1964 posts
Ok so random, but I was totally trying to start this exact thread yesterday morning! For some reason it came up as an error and although I tried twice, it wouldn't post up so I gave up and was going to give it a go right now! So weird!Anyway, yes this is something I have found myself doing. I don't feel like on purpose but I'd say 95% of the time, if it's bright outside, I'll wear brighter makeup and dark days make me want to go for darker colours. I will definitely wear a dark smokey eye on a hot summers day but I follow the day most of the time.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I don't do my make-up according to the weather but I do co-ordinate my make-up with whatever I'm wearing.

Examples: hot pink shirt with nude eyes & hot pink lipstick; purple shirt with plum coloured smokey eye; a navy shirt with nude eyes & lips, midnight blue liquid eyeliner and bright blue mascara or a white shirt with classic nude eyes, black winged eyeliner and a red, coral or pink lipstick.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Nah I don't bother, maybe if its hot I'll wear less on my face, but even in winter I don't wear a full face. But I do get annoyed if the lipstick I chose doesn't look right on my face! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't bother with whether it's winter or summer when it comes to makeup. If I want a nice plum or burgundy lipstick in the summer on it goes, if I feel like an orchid or fuschia or coral during winter on it goes. Time does factor in to what lip shade I'll wear as well. If I have more time I can wear a liquid lippy which are mainly brighter or darker shades for me. I will very rarely go without winged liner and I'm still not great at it, so that's the priority for me to get on. If I have time left over I can wear a darker or brighter lip, otherwise it's just a nude, neutral or a lipstick I can apply and make look good in a couple minutes.
Macs
5351 posts
Far freaky this thread says its started by reeze but someone else has posted it. Wonder why thats happened. If it rains I don't wear liquid eye liner. Lately I haven't been motivated to do make up much which isn't like me at all.
Rezee
1964 posts
Oh thats so weird Macs! And yes, reading the first post, it is what I wrote too. Must be those silly gremlins again!
MareeB
5241 posts
I could do with a paperbag  - it's all about the red runny nose, sneezing, red watering eyes at the moment - mmmmmm gorgeous :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh hush Maree I'm sure you are just as gorgeous with a cold as you are any other day of the week! Keep the paper bag for concealing chocolate :P
Kimrose
1416 posts
Maree, I would definately use that paper bag for chocolate, Shaz, you are full of bright ideas!
MareeB
5241 posts
Yes, yes, I see where you're going with the whole chocolate idea....

I'm at the end of my Elizabeth Arden flawless future set - I feel like it deserves a funeral, it's sooo lovely...
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah it's the season for runny nose. I have a tissue box permanently by my bed side. That is a good idea with a paper bag.  Hope you feel bit better soon maree
MareeB
5241 posts
Thanks Macs - everyone seems to have a cold down here. July - urg! 6 weeks til spring....
siouxsannah
261 posts
Rezee you did start the thread. You are actually there twice in the forum with the same question phrased two different ways. But your weather question only appears in the heading, that's why it looked like I created the post and topic. But I was just replying to your post. I think the gremlins made it look like you did not create this thread.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I personally don't think I do, but I do find if it's raining or gloomy outside Im more put off doing my makeup at all.
Rezee
1964 posts
Yeah I did try twice. The first time came up as an error saying the title was already in use or something so I tried it in a different way and that came up as an error too. I looked on the forum and neither had come up for me. I should have screenshotted it but I thought it may have just been my computer. I will screenshot if I see something like that again though!
Lutece
1849 posts
I wear brown eyeshadows and nude lipstick most times and on the odd ocassion Ill wear a dark lip, but I do change the way I put on my bases (foundation and primer) depending on the weather. 
Mine rarely changes. It's always heavy brown eyeliner on my top lid and a bit more lighthanded on my lower paired with mascara. I always wear a light plum or a sheer red lipstick since I don't suit much else.
Artemis
311 posts
Not really, I'm a dark colours/vampy all year round girl, I don't do spring/summer shades at all! So you'll find me in the midst of summer or a spring day with dark red lips and smokey black or deep green eyes, even in the middle of the day. I do realise that's a bit odd, but I like what I like.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!