Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Did anyone else get a jackpot box?

35 posts, 13 members
Kittik
179 posts
I'm just wondering if anyone other memebox junkies got a jackpot box?

I got 2 boxes of stuff that arrived yesterday.. big downside is that there is no english translation card!! Ended up spending a few hours last night googling half the things I recieved.
Quite happy with it though, I got some things that I have recieved in previous boxes that I use regularly. On my internet travels I was trying to figure out what price bracket box I won.. I think it's around $300?

Kia
550 posts
Oh I really really wanted one but I missed out! There were a couple items in there that caught my attention because of their packaging. I'm hoping maybe they'll sell them seperatly on the site??
Kittik
179 posts
Can you remember which products they were?

One of the products that was a bit cheeky was a wee sample for a horrifically priced famous skin creme. I wonder how much putting that in there inflated their prize prices lol
Kia
550 posts
There was a shea butter mist spray and a little red tin with snow white on it.. ahh want them two so bad
ReneeAnne
10 posts
I got the 6th place box, pretty happy with that. I'd buy if they do it again, thought it was fun :-)
Kittik
179 posts
Ah yes, I have the snow White eyeliner set.. the colours are lovely but as I discovered yesterday the dark colours smudge and stain the skin! I was walking around yesterday after scrubbing under my eyes and still looking like I had been in a boxing match.. first time I've had that problem.
Kittik
179 posts
ReneeAnne - how do you know that you got a 6th place box? I was trying to work out what mine was as it didn't say anything on it.
kayxcake
422 posts
Awwh I totally missed out! It sounds so much fun!
kirstysays
762 posts
Wow $300 worth of products is awesome! I should have signed up for this it sounds super fun.
ReneeAnne
10 posts
Kittik search jackpot box on their website. Once you have it up, scroll down and it shows all 9 prizes. Apparently you can click on your prize photo, and It brings up the descriptions. But I havn't done that myself so I can't be totally certain that it works?
Kittik
179 posts
Yay it worked! Its seems I got a 4th place box. :)

I'm assuming that you got that Bioen rejuvenating cream in your box? That stuff is my holy grail moisteriser!! I got some in my dermo 2 box and I'm going to have to keep buying it sadly. Its that good.
ReneeAnne
10 posts
Wow 4th, that's great. Yes I got that moisturiser, yay, excited to try it now. Do you use it both morning and night?
Kittik
179 posts
It sort of depends on how my skin is feeling each day. If you are putting make up on over the top only use a teeny bit and give it time to absorb in, I'm not sure when its supposed to be used I just use it as a moisteriser lol
I usually get up, put the jug on, go and wash my face, put the moisteriser on and sit down and drink my coffee while letting it absorb before doing anything else.
Personally I have extremely dry skin, and I find it'll keep me going all day. For someone with normal skin you might find its a bit thick to apply under make up? My skin just sucks it up. Sometimes I'll put some on before bed if my skin feels harsh and dry- but I've been trying out various sleeping packs instead lately for fun :)

That particular moisteriser has snail in it, and stem cells.. which probably explains why its so expensive and so damn good! I have noticed that in the last 6 weeks that I've been using it, my skin is brighter and my skin tone is more even.

I'm really happy for you that you got it!
tabykitten
186 posts
@kittik... this may be a silly question... but how does it smell? I made my first purchaces from one of the Korean sites and I kept seeing snail mentioned as an ingredient in moisturisers. (It made me think 'ick!') I'm sure it's not... but wanted to ask someone that's tried it :)
ReneeAnne
10 posts
I'm dry also so it should be good. I have something that calls itself a 'sleeping pack' too. What's the difference between that and normal night moisturisers? Sorry all the questions :-) 

ReneeAnne
10 posts
tabykitten, I have only used one product so far with snail. A lip treatment, and I'm sure it was in my head but the taste on my lips was GROSS. I don't think I can use it again. I feel a lot better about a moisturiser, and I also have a snail cleanser to try.
tabykitten
186 posts
Thank you @ReneeAnne!! I’m glad I’m not alone :) It’s weird isn’t it… I just can’t imagine putting snail on my face, but I’m sure it’s fine and I’m super tempted after reading how good it is :)

Kittik
179 posts
Haha! I was super grossed at the idea of using snail, and eventually my curiosity got the better of me. It gives the most amazing results that I soon got over the ickness of it lol
The moisteriser doesn't smell of anything I don't think?

I got really brave recently and started using my lip balm with snail in it. Yup. Thats how great it is. I'll even put it on my lips. (Although I try not to think about it)
Tastes revolting, but it clears up my chapped lips better than anything else I've tried. My one is called Snail Smile I think?

Umm, a sleeping pack is an overnight face mask. :)
Susilia
484 posts
snail mucus creams on the face work wonders, also on scars, make them heal so fast. I didn't get a jackpot box though, just cuz I have untouched memeboxes filled, like I just had a look at the info card and the products, but basically they're untouched and unused, will need to move in a couple of months, so not sure what I'm gonna do with all my stuff... trademe propably :(
Kittik
179 posts
Noooo, you have take them with you! Lol

I recently read an article explaining what all this korean stuff is for, and generally why memebox addicts can end up with so much stuff, but very few of the same item (I have a lot of cleaners, but thats a bit besides the point - since I have over 20 boxes).

They have a 10-13 step skin sysyem, where they layer the products on, rather than rubbing them in. Since I worked this out, I've been using a lot more of my korean products.

You can find the step by step system explained really well here. :) http://www.skinandtonics.com/asian-skin-care-guide/
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Kittik very interesting. Just wonder if you know about the Korean serums. I got one in my memebox and it says to use it after moisturizing which I have been. Would you use this as well as a primer or use this in place of a primer? Been wondering this all week ! x
tannygirl
3392 posts
Wow, reading the list I realized how Asian I am without using Asian skincare. I definitely am more of a skincare person and have been layering products for years. The first time I browsed KoreaBeautyNet I seriously eyed up the snail stuff. I really wanted that, I have feeling it will be my first purchase of that site.
Kellie
570 posts
Thanks for posting that article Kittik.  I've got so many products from Memebox and I wasn't sure when or how to use them and I'm so used to having a two/three step routine that I thought I'd have to wait until I'd used up other products before giving them a go.   I can't wait to play with all my products tonight  :)
Kittik
179 posts
Hmm, I used to get confused by memebox instructions whichis why I started reading blogs.
The easiest way to remember it, is its lightest to heaviest! Don't rub it in either, its layering so just pat it on your face and give it time to dry before each layer. I imagine a cake lol

I sometimes use a serum twice, I apply it before the moisteriser... and sometimes I mix it with my bb or cc cream for a fresher dewy skin look. So as far as using it as a primer for a fixing effect no, but your skin will look lovely if you do.

I hope this kind of answers your question about serum? :)
Kittik
179 posts
Haha, im justthe opposite! It never occured to me to layer, Id just rub it in.

Kittik
179 posts
Other thing to remember (I cant recall if its in the article I linked) but korean toner is pretty much the opposite of western toner.
Western is stingy and often alcohol based to dry out skin, korean is designed to hydrate.

One thing that really had me baffled is the facial water sprays..like when do you them?!? What do they do? I had visions of it melting all my make up off my face.
Pretty much the answer is you use it as the first step of your make up program..

The other answer is that koreans wear very sheer make up, so theres not much to run or melt down their face, so they can rehydrate during the day without issues.

Quite a lot to get your head around eh? Lol
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Kittik Thanks so much for posting that article - I am going to give those steps a go and see if my skin changes any. That was super helpful!
tabykitten
186 posts
Oh wow, that article is great. This is like the best thread! (Except now I want to order even more stuff from Beauty Net Korea...)
ReneeAnne
10 posts
Thanks for that. Memebox should be more specific with their usage instructions :-)
melly650
375 posts
Whoa, thirteen steps! But I must say I found it very intruiging and watchlisted all the items on ebay. I definitely want to try it!
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Thanks hun, it does. I think I will just use it as I have been, after moisturising and then apply the serum and then my primer. So many skincare steps now lol. I love the serum though, it's so hydrating.

Kellyleanne
551 posts
I agree ReneeAnne :-) I think it didnt help me too much that I got no information card in my box, so I was searching online to find out how to use it. Need to learn Korean asap!
Kia
550 posts
Kellyleane - If you go on the memebox website, and search for the jackpot box, the page will come up, you scroll down to the box you got, and if you click on it, it has the instructions on how to use every product that you got in your box. No need to learn Korean
Kittik
179 posts
Now that I am getting more confident using the potions, I'm having lots of fun experimenting! That particular article has made the world of difference in my approach to application. I've actually printed out a copy to keep in the bathroom drawer to help me remember lol

Last night I layered on heaps of different products and my skin feels so lush this morning!!! :)

Having really hydrated skin always makes me feel more alert and generally happy in an entirely subconscious way. I think it just makes me feel more healthy?
chikoboo
3402 posts
Awesome stuff, and well done!! I did and I got the 7th prize which I thought is awesome in itself!! I would buy again as I love the whole mystery efftect and not knowing what I'll get.  Luckily most of the items are self explantory of how to use them in my pack.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!