Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Derma rollers/ micro needle rollers, anyone use them?

7 posts, 6 members
Marcel
335 posts
I've been using derma/ micro needle rollers for about 2 years and to this day I'm not actually sure whether they work or not.. If you're not familiar with these it is a small hand held device typically with a skinny plastic handle and has a small roller head covered in lots of tiny stainless steel needles. These are meant for using on a range of skin imperfections and the purpose is to separate or (safely) pierce the pores in order for skin products to more deeply penetrate the affected areas, thus enhancing the effectiveness of skin care products/treatments.

I started using needle rollers during pregnancy to treat stretch marks which have blurred and faded quite well although It is pretty much impossible for me to tell if this is thanks to the contribution of the needle roller, or if it's just the products I have used alone.

Anyway I'm just curious if many people use these & if they think that they work. Anyone I have talked to about these had never heard of them before.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've heard of them and would like to try one - where did you buy yours from?
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Ive never heard of it. Sounds great. What products did you use with it? 
Manda129
419 posts
Ive done training in and use dermarollers/pens, they are amazing for collegen induction when used properly and in conjunction with in salon treatments, as we are able to use bigger rollers.

Have you been going up in roller size at all? and what are you popping onto your skin after rolling, does it contain hylauronic acid?
Glad you have had noticable results, they are excellent for scarring even acne scarring :)

Ive been using them for round about a year now and love them, they scared me a bit at first to be honest, the thought of rollering my face with tiny needles but now I couldn't be without one, Ive definitely noticed more plumpness to my skin than what it was a year ago, but as for deep wrinkles they have slightly changed but not disappeared as I would have liked :)
colleencanary
764 posts
I have a 0.5mm roller that I've been using about 4 months now to help restore the deep acne dents in my face with collagen and its a very slow but quite rewarding process. If you're wanting to see instant results then dont even dream about purchasing this roller because you will be disappointed so quickly.

I use to have dents the size of sink holes in my face and now they've filled up probably quarter way I would say. I'll be using this until I have my desired baby smooth face.

I would use the roller twice a week as directed but my face was becoming incredibly sensitive that I couldnt apply any oils or lotions because it would burn like crazy. Now I use it every 2nd week (twice a month) and then apply an organic moisturiser (Oasis) to help heal the raw skin immediately.
Marcel
335 posts
I buy them on ebay starting with a 1.0 now I use a 2.0.. I put a whole bunch of stuff on afterwards whatever I have really that I think might help, it changes all the time but I've used with bio oil, emu oil, olive oil, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e oil, aloe vera, cocoa butter, retinol serum, glycolic acid, various creams designed specifically for treating stretch marks & natural mixes I've made myself consisting of things like lemon juice, honey, coffee grinds, aloe vera
Shazzaali
45 posts
Any one know where I can buy a good quality derma roller from?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!