Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Debate of the day!

24 posts, 23 members
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Ladies, We've been having a debate in the office. What would YOU do?

You have $100 to spend on beauty products. It has to last you 6 months and you can't buy another beauty product during that time (not a single 1). What would you spend it on?
AboutFace
412 posts
For me it would be foundation, mascara lipstick and setting spray. I would wait till there are some specials ;-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Does it include skin care products? Cos id just buy face wash, moisturizer and jojoba oil otherwise.
But if its just makeup... does lipbalm count? Hahaha id buy mascaras and lip colors 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I would buy foundation or bb cream, mascara, moisturiser, lip balm and a cleanser :-) 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Cleanser, moisturiser, foundation, mascara
Susilia
484 posts
Bb cream, mascara and tinted lip balm and I’d be good to go for 6 months! :) 
MareeB
5241 posts
A face oil (Pams coconut oil if necessary due to budget retraints), CC cream, eye liner, and lip gloss. If I had money left I'd add tinted moisturiser and eye brow pencil.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Is this supplement to items we already have in stock? Or is it only for new products to last the 6 month period?

If it's not using things I already have and brand new, for me that $100 would need to cover:cleanser, toner, a day cream, a night cream, micellar water, 2x body lotion, face serum or oil, 2x mascaras, a nude lip, a red lip, a black eyeliner, a nude eyeliner, a clay mask, a lip balm, 2x body wash,  nail polish remover, 1x nail polish, hair mask, ingrown hair prevention serum. Wow, high maintanence much...

If it was just supplementing what I already have I don't think i'd need much to last the 6 month period: micellar water, 2 mascaras, black eyeliner, nude eyeliner, clay mask, hair mask, ingrown hair prevention serum.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I couldn't survive on that with my skincare routine if I had to buy everything from scratch but if I had only that much to spend and it had to last that long. I'd buy my oil cleanser, a cheap cream cleanser, a face and body sunscreen (because you'd get a bigger bottle), some facial oil, a good toner and vitamin C powder.
Helibabi
101 posts
Moisturiser with sunscreen, bb cream, mascara and concealer.. roughly everything I use at the mo for the kindy run and reckon I would get all this for $100 or less as this is the stuff I can’t live without. 
If your talking about skincare pretty much my fave night cream would demolish that budget pretty quick. 
My good or going out makeup regime and skincare is a lot more $$. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Depends. If I had everything I needed for 6 months I’d splurge. If I didn’t it would be on buying essentials.
Sonnies
137 posts
Foumdation, setting powder mascara a face serum, night cream day cream a gel cleanaer a body butter 
Kimrose
1416 posts
What a dilemma! I would grab a Foundation and cleanser, a serum and a lippy.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I couldn't do it either unless I could draw from my existing stash. I would struggle just to cover my skincare basics lol. 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Hym... not sure if $100 would actually last me that long... but in my dream world, i would spend it on my must-haves, which would be cleanser's, face oil, night cream, lip balm, sun cream, bb cream and a natural loose powdered mineral foundation =D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure Queenie left a zero off the end and it should be $1000 for six months lol. There's some great supermarket brands for skincare (NZ made too) but that would still only be 5 or 6 products to last that long. 
Macs
5351 posts
Lol at soozie sounds about right for me . 

1 litre bottle of body wash , deodorant, moisturiser, face cleanser , body lotion , bb cream brow pencil and Mascara , exfoliating glove, lipstick. 

I hope my hundred covers all those products lol 
tamaraxo
12 posts
If I had to start from scratch there’s no way I’d be able to do it lol, but if I could use what I already have I’d just need more mascara, foundation and moisturiser and I’d be good 
smoses
1 posts
$100 isn't much.  If I had to narrow it down to the basics I would need to survive on for 6 months I would go for a good day moisturiser cream with SPF, a lip balm and a good quality cleanser.  
K8D
59 posts
Mascara, tinted moisturiser, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, bronzer and a nude lip... actually it’d be fun to see how far you could stretch $100. 
bangsie3
18 posts
I'd hunt through all the beauty reviews for the value for money great products and then go grab a foundation, mascara, lippy with moisturiser, moisturiser, micellar water and if I could squeeze it in and everything Balm
Sophia
203 posts
Essence mascara $6 or Wet n Wild $7
Essence Shine on lipstick $6
Australis or Rimmel eye liner , up to $15 
Mellow lip paint $20
Maybelline eye makeup remover $7
MAC paint pot, maybe Quite Natural or Constructivist $50

All done!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Torture!

if I had to..... fake tan, mascara, eyeliner, tinted lipgloss, lotion, shampoo, conditioner oh god I'm already over $100
Tattooprincess
68 posts
That’s a toughie! I’ve spent the last year finding just the right skin care / hair care products, I’ve decided if it costs more, as long as it’s benefical to my regime, I will buy it! I’ve recently changed all of my skincare products to The Ordinary, and my hair care products (excluding colours) to Olaplex. I always buy Revlon foundation, and while I don’t buy cheap and nasty makeup, I’ll splash out on almost anything that takes my fancy. That $100 wouldn’t go far on me that’s for sure!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!