Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

7 posts, 5 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bizarre right? I clean them religiously, I don't apply tanner to them directly (just whats left on the gloves) and I usually use a kneeling pad if I'm out in the garden. Any ideas how to 'lighten' them ? I can't be the only one with this problem!
trudijoy
8375 posts
maybe homemade tan remover would help shaz - handful of rock salt wet with lemon juice and scrub your knees?
Kimrose
1412 posts
My knees are discoloured right now because I kneel at work.  I wear long black pants but it still happens.  It really looks like I have had a bad tan job!
shazatron101
5112 posts
That's my problem Kim! I can kneel once for a few seconds and bam there it is again!

I have heard lemon does lighten so maybe its worth a try - thanks Trudi.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I get the odd bruise on my knees when I’m kneeling in the garden pulling weeds, but can’t say I’ve noticed actual skin discolouration. 

I did find find this very interesting article though, and it mentions quite a few different home remedies for dark knees, as well as elbows. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh thanks Silvene I'll give that a read and try some of them :-D
tannygirl
3392 posts
Very interesting article. I did notice that the skintone one my knees evened out when I took a break from working out but alternatively my elbows got really flakey from leaning on the table when I'm on the computer. It got so bad at one point I was pulling off the flakes and then finding out the skin was hurting next time I'd lean on them. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!