Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

29 posts, 24 members
sjwallisnz
39 posts
Hi all, i am after a bit of advice...

I won a competition from a blog over a month ago and still have not received the prize, i have emailed the blog owner a few times (thinking it was lost in the post) and they have replied but keep saying that the PR company has not yet posted them out.

I know alot of you lovely ladies win a few comps so i wondered how long it usually takes for it to arrive?  Also, if you have won anything that has arrived from a PR company how long did it usually take?

I am so lucky to win the competition and am very gratefull - just curious...  I keep looking out for my postie (sad huh!!)
chikoboo
3402 posts
That would be raising the red flag with me taking that long, it could be a number of things (a) they were running a false competition to gain likes/followers on social media like facebook/twitter/instagram to boost their appearance with no intention to follow through with the prize (b) they are generally just a small company that is busy and its not be done yet due to lack of staff (c) they ran the competition without the prize in hand and are waiting on it to be sent to them before they can forward onto you.

Its annoying and I feel you, but there is some crafty companies out there, I know I've worked for a few and one of the reasons why I have left them.  I'm not sure if there is a consumer watchdog that you can check with, because if they are the type to falsely advertise a competition there would be a place to check and report, I'd have a good google search on them and find out. 

Hopefully its nothing sinister at all and you end up with it soon =)
1139 posts
I am slightly addicted to entering competitions and this sounds a bit dodgy to me. Of course it could be a genuine error on their part but from my experience, prizes usually get sent out pretty much as soon as the competition ends or within a week or so. Especially if the competition has been going on for a decent period of time - they tend to run for a few weeks or so, and by this point they have the prize ready to send out. But this is just based on what I've experienced - I hope yours is legit and you receive it soon!

Chikoboo raises a good point - I hate going on Facebook and seeing my friends entering competitions that are clearly fake and are just an attempt to gain likes. Usually I stick with the rule of "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" but I can't really apply it to competitions since plenty of businesses actually do give away stuff that seems too good to be true! 
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I won a comp recently and it took over a month to get my prize. It came from Australia though, and I had to wait over a long weekend to pick up from the post office, so this is probably why. A looooong wait for a pack of maternity pads haha.
brushandbullet
395 posts
A lot of PR companies do partner up with blogs for giveaways, so this isn't necessarily suss. I've won a couple before and they were sent directly from the brand (in these cases it was the brand working directly with the blog). So it could be that this particular PR company are a bit disorganized. 
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I'm glad I'm not the only competition addict. It's actually a bit of a problem my partner thinks I'm nuts. Most weeks I win something though. If only it was lotto (not that I buy a ticket) rather than maternity pads and zoo tickets hehe

1139 posts
The thing is, Ash, that everything is better when it's free. So, free maternity pads are always better than maternity pads that you had to buy ;)
Chaotic82
522 posts
I always enter too. It used to be my monday morning ritual :D
Lexxie
98 posts
Gah I have this addiction too... Could be worse I guess. I think I spend far too much time entering them, but just cannot not enter and I love getting little gifts and also love giving the stuff away if i think it suits someone else better. I agree just wish I would win the lotto haha.  
Lexxie
98 posts
My husband use to think I was nuts but doesnt mind now when I actually win things :)
_Nicole_
124 posts
How does everyone find the competitions they enter? Is there sites you use with a list of competitions or do you just use google and see what you find?
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Haha, I'm always entering comps too. I've won a few things Garnier bb cream, moisturiser, collections cosmetics eyeliner. It's such a great feeling when you win something even if its something little.

Most of the time the competitions I enter pop up on my facebook or different makeup companies that I've 'liked'  or a lovely member of the BR forum tells everyone.. And I rush to enter lol
You have to be in to win (hopefully genuine comps!). I hope your prize arrives soon. x
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Normally comps just pop up on my newsfeed from friends liking and sharing or pages I follow. Today a package of sleep drops for babies and a book turned up eith the courier. I have absolutely no idea where or when I won this but it was a lovely surprise. It arrived just in time to soothe my grumpy daughter into a much needed nap woohoo!
clare
11 posts
Maybe a friend entered for you and arranged for the prize to go to you.  I have done that before especially if it is a prize for some function in their City.  What a lovely surprise for you though.

kstah21
127 posts
I'm addicted to comps lol I have won one through pr company and it took a week. However...... I'm still waiting on my collection cosmetic prize from the first week of winners in the comp they had ..... In April!!! 
pintsize
1072 posts
I waited 2 months for a prize pack to arrive but it was one of 50 sent by PR agents and it was offshore.  Just remember the PR firm wont have just them as their clients and will be doing their best to get it to you.  Also just pop a reminder in your diary that if you haven't seen it by the timeframe they have given to contact them again (allow an extra day or two if RD) and if coming from overseas that customs might hold things up slightly too.

Congratulaions on winning and hopefully your prize will be there soon
xx
paolapar
72 posts
The competitions ive won linked with a PR company had arrived to me within a week. If this blogger is NZ based then there shouldnt be an excuse. I just won an instagram comp recently, but this girl is forking the price out of her own pocket and she's from the US so i dont mind the wait and kstah21 thats strange cause i was in the second lot of winners and i received my prize yonks ago, yours probably got lost. If you were one of the 3 who won the whole pack then you should receive it as well, cause the girls who won have received there pack.    
kstah21
127 posts
@paolapar they told me on 12 may sorry you were missed off our list, we will send immediately...... 6th June oh sorry you were missed if our list again it will be there within the wk...... I will wait till end June, if not arrived..... I'm gonna spit tacks!! I'm not the only one either. 
Marcel
335 posts
contest.co.nz is a competition forum great for finding a range of competitions
spooks26
108 posts
Ive enter lots of competitions and dont win or you dpnt hear if anyone has one.i find it hard to tell what's a scam and whats real these days.sometimes I feel like im wasting my time . But on the other hand I still try and hope that im entering a legit competition.
michelleburne
229 posts
I never received my prize from collection cosmetics, no response to my emails either :(
Huge competition junkie here too!  I have done rather well from comps (overseas trip, concert/sporting event tickets etc etc) and some do take longer than others to send out the prizes. 
Macs
5351 posts
I cant wait to see who won the round the world trip competition of BRS. Wil be watching out for that one.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh good point Macs i wonder who too!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh yeah! I'm super excited to see who won that one... I hope it is someone I know (or know of).
jalb88
121 posts
I know what you mean! I won a prize from a legit company a few months back and emailed them a few times as well as facebook messaged them - never heard back nor got my prize so I just gave up hope on getting it! 
mallomiss
569 posts
I completely forgot about that comp! 
-Bex-
611 posts
So true! I had forgotten all about that Comp too, how exciting I hope whoever wins it posts a pic on the photo wall

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!