Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Collagen capsules

26 posts, 8 members
lifeissupa
35 posts
Was wondering if anybody takes collagen capsules.
I have been thinking of getting some.
Point me in the right direction please.
Which ones etc
Please and thank you
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I have tried quite a few brands and types from the more affordable GO Healthy and Good Health ones to more pricey Radiance Ageless Beauty to the extremely overpriced and ineffective Imeeden Classic.

The supplement that I've stuck with and has come out on top is the Clinicians Rejuvenate. It's the only one that I noticed a bit of a difference in my nails and my skin. I also like that you only have to take 2 for about 8 weeks then cut the dosage down to 1 tablet a day so it's actually more affordable to maintain. Plus the ingredients are ones that probably aren't in your basic multivitamins so you don't have to worry that you're overdosing on say vitamin a or c - marine collagen, hylauronic acid, astaxanthin and avocado oil.

If you live near a Life Pharmacy there's a current sale going on now, otherwise I buy mine off Healthpost where it's discounted off regular retail prices and there's overnight shipping (if you purchase on weekday unless it's Friday) at a low price. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I like Radiance Ageless Beauty too and Clincians Rejuvenate. Taking Vitamin C also helps skin.
lifeissupa
35 posts
Thank you both so much.
lifeissupa
35 posts
I went to unichem and wow wot a good sale. Clinicians rejuvenate 38.99 from 64.99 prity happy. Will keep you posted after I have tryed them for while.
Thank you for your help
Imoshen
461 posts
I've been taking Immaglow for about 1 1/2 months and I quite like them.  They are a nice small, easy to swallow pill that doesn't give you any reflux.

I don't quite know if they are quite what I'm after though.  I really liked it for the first two weeks but have not seen any further noticeable improvements.  I will continue to use through 2 a day for 3 months and see how it all looks after that.

I would like to try the Clinicians one but I believe the pills are a lot bigger and I do not swallow pills easily.
MareeB
5241 posts
I've heard of Imaglow and wondered how good it is....interesting.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Imaglow was the first collagen supplement I started off with. I was younger so I didn't really know if it was doing anything, I took it as an anti-aging supplement for a really long time so while I didn't really see anything I thought it would work as a preventative. 
Imoshen
461 posts
You'll probably giggle at this but there is a particular mirror where the lighting doesn't change (so it's not at home) and I have used this to gauge how these pills are working.

I have deep orange peel skin and nothing I have used have helped even it out a bit but I swear once I started taking these pills the reflection in that particular mirror has softened it.  

My skin will never even out completely but if the result I'm seeing is from these pills then I'm happy.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Imoshen are you still taking these? I'm keen to try them just wondering what results you got after a few months?
Imoshen
461 posts
I took my last one on Saturday with the intention not to repurchase.  If I notice a difference I might take them up again.

I'd like to try the ones that Tannygirl takes with the hyularonic acid but I just can't bring myself to swallow horse pills :P.

I'm currently taking:
Lifestream - Advanced Probiotic
Solgar - Astaxanthin 
Solgar - Biotin
Thompsons - B Complex
Clinicians - Sunshine Vitamin D3 with K2
Life Extension - Skin Restoring Phytocermides with Lipowheat (these are quite pricey so not sure if I will continue but giving 3-4 months)

For someone that can't swallow pills I'm getting lots of practice :).Skin Restoring Phytoceramides with Lipowheat
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol yes that is my issue too and if its massive it will put me off taking them so its a bit pointless. I ordered the imaglow so will see how I go.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
My Imaglow arrived today. Just took first dose, looking forward to see if they do anything. Will keep anyone updated if interested at all :-)
MareeB
5241 posts
I'll be interested to see what you think Lisa.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Cool Maree. I will update here in say 3 or 4 weeks :-)
Julieal
915 posts
I have used Radience ageless too and seemed really good but a bit expensive to maintain
lifeissupa
35 posts
Yes expensive to carry on. I noticed a slight difference then I've fallen off the wagon been drinking and smoking to much so will start taking them again after everybody's bdays and celebrations are over.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I took those too, while they were great the price wasn't and the size of them was not good for me personally. The imaglow was $33 with free shipping for 60. They are a great size. I've read some brilliant reviews about them.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Are you wanting to take collagen supplements for anti-wrinkle? I was really interested in getting rid of fine lines and preventing aging so did a lot of research into collagen stuff. In short, collagen's a protein that's vital for a lot of things in our body like the cartilage of joints and hair and under the skin. BUT... in order for you to absorb any protein that you eat, you have to break it down into smaller blocks (amino acids). So yes, taking collagen pills could boost the number of building blocks in your body, it doesn't automatically increase the amount of collagen in your skin. And most people have enough of these blocks anyway that they don't need the supplementation. So you're almost better off applying stuff on your skin (e.g. vitamin C) which stimulates the skin directly to produce more collagen.

Sorry if this is like raining on your parade D: Just thought I'd share the scientific perspective
Imoshen
461 posts
Love science, thanks for this!  
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
So after only 3 weeks of taking imaglow I am rather impressed so far. My nails omg they look amazing, my issue with them was breaking and peeling easily as I work with water which makes them soft. Well they are now long and I have not had one break at all, which is incredible for me. Also I get bad joint pain around my hip especially when it is cold, the pain has pretty much gone and I'm not in agony after work! My hair I am finding less fall out, I washed my hair today and had 2 hairs come out, usually I have heaps! Another big difference is my eye bags lol when I looked in the mirror last week I noticed they are virtually gone woohoo! I am very pleased so far and look forward to future results with continued use.
MareeB
5241 posts
Wow, thnaks Lisa. That's a great recommendation for them then!
VickieM
18 posts
Based on this thread I've just started on Imaglow as of today.  Hopefully I'll see some results, ideally to my facial fine lines which I'm now starting to notice.

I'll do the first 30 day course and see if there's any noticeable difference, and go from there. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Cool Vickie. My biggest difference is my nails and hair for sure. Interested to see your results. I am about 6 weeks in and definitely notice softer skin and no breakouts :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I found that the Clinicians one helped with a my cuticles a bit to be less dry. It's the only collagen supplement that made a difference for my nails in addition to my skin.
MareeB
5241 posts
Clinicians Rejuvenate is very good.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!