Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

clogged/fault spray pump?

9 posts, 6 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
does anyone have the sea spray by schwarzkopf? the full size. i have had it for a wee while and the sprayer is now broken, it wont pump and its super hard to get it to pump. i put the product into another spray bottle and it was fine until my second use recently, and that pump has gone funny. any ideas? :/

ive discovered its a great product for the whole 'no poo' thing - spray before shower, rinse out and then condition, hair doesn't feel as greasy as it usually would, in fact it feels like its just been freshly shampooed!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Have you tried cleaning the spray nozzle?  I don't have that particular product, but I do find that certain products in spray bottles tend to clog the little hole, often when a tiny amount of the spritzed product dries on there.  Running hot water over the hole for a few seconds seems to clear the problem, but sometimes I have to place the entire tube in a basin of warm water and then pump the nozzle to flush out the spritzing system, before putting it back in the product bottle.  It usually works fine after that, just needs a bit of 'maintenance' now and then.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yep i did do that. Left it soaking too, and pulled it apart as much as i could to give it a "deep" clean. So strange
trudijoy
8375 posts
would spritzing something like white vinegar or lemon juice through it followed by hot water help to clear it out?
trudijoy
8375 posts
also i'd email the company and tell them. It's obvs faulty, you might get a free one ;)
shazatron101
5112 posts
i will try it with that! and i was tempted but last time i spoke to their customer service i was told it was my fault and to deal with it, basically (it was regarding their brown hairdye that was actually black). so maybe that idea is out lol

MareeB
5239 posts
I hate it when that happens Shaz. I'd return it and ask for another one. Faulty products are their problem to resolve.
Macs
5351 posts
That’s happened to me before. I didn’t know it could be fixed. Normally I would bin it.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
It also depends when you brought it. I know my Dad brought a spray deodorant a few months ago, used it last week for the first time and found it doesn't spray right. But as he brought it a few months ago, they just call it wear and tear.

Good luck.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!