Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Christmas Purchases

32 posts, 17 members
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
With Christmas releases and value sets currently being released, has anything caught your eye? What will you be purchasing to put under the tree? I have my eye on the YSL Black Opium gift set, although I need to smell the fragrance in store again. I would also love to get my hands on Sephora's set of deluxe sample sized mascaras, as sample sized mascaras are always so much better - but I don't think I can justify the hassle of a Sephora order. x
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Hopefully Australia's Sephora can just ship direct to us shortly so you can fulfil your shopping desires! Tehe. I would love all of the Sephora Favourites sets, aka the box of mascaras, lip products, skincare etc. They're such good value!

Those perfume sets are just the cutest! The 'Unforgettable Scents' sampler set speaks to me! $89 for 10 samples of amazing perfumes, then you can go back and choose a full size of your favourite one. Again, awesome value! And the bonus is you get a bunch of adorable mini bottles!

The Nude by Nature Rose Gold brush set looks awesome too, definitely going to check them out!
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
That is true! Fingers crossed. And if they do, hopefully they have the mascara set and Lavanila deodorants that I am hoping for. Ooh, I hadn't seen that brush set but it looks fab! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I saw that Farmers have a wee set of mini perfumes and then you get to pick a 30ml of one of them. Super tempted but I really don't need a new perfume. 
MareeB
5242 posts
I was interested in that too Kirsty - was it 10 minis for $89? sooo sorely tempted...
MareeB
5242 posts
Oh! sorry Sarah, yep that's the one! 10 minis.. oh that Farmers catalogue made me want to run out of the house and down to their shop!!!
pintsize
1072 posts
They had those last year too but a different set, I was tempted too.
I noticed the size of the samples are between 0.8ml and 1ml so cute wee bottles are likely to be sample vials but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
I still think it's a great way to sample perfumes though (and get a bottle of your favourite from the pack).
Rezee
1964 posts
That perfume set does sound cool, it would be interesting to see if they are actual mini bottles though. Vials don't seem as good!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I'm waiting to see what special deal Living Nature have on in November on their website. At the moment it's a free tinted lip hydrator which is lovely but I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with before Xmas.

Also Trilogy with their reformulated age proof products. I already have three of them but would like to purchase a complete range of appropriate products and test them out over the period of a month.

Another thing would be a huge makeup palette with just about every conceivable colour so I can practice being a bit more daring with makeup looks. It must be organic/natural though so I'm on a research binge now to find an NZ based cosmetics company that offer a wide enough range of natural\organic cosmetics.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I looked into one of the perfume samples last year but most of them were bottles with an 'open' top so you had to tip them onto your wrist. If that makes sense? So they weren't a spray or roll on and would've been quite messy and not appropriate for a handbag. If that is the case I would prefer to purhase a full sized fragrance and ask the lady on the counter for a few sample sized vials with spray tops. xx
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'm hoping Farmers does a Christmas sale on their perfumes, since I have my eye on a couple. And the Lush and Body Shop Christmas Edition products are tempting.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Dissapointed about some of them not having sprayers. Hmmmm might have to have another look.

Also tempted by the body shop advent calendar. But I thing that might be a bit of a waste because I probably wouldn't use or want everything.
Rezee
1964 posts
Pity about them being open tops, they are my least favorite way to apply perfume. It would still make a cool gift though. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Aww that's lame that they're not little spray bottles...makes sense as to why it's so affordable though! I was never going to buy it because I'm not allowed anymore perfume until I've used up a couple of the bottles I have, but now I know not to recommend it to anyone! 
Rezee
1964 posts
Same Sarah! I've told myself, if I can get 3 out by either selling or using, then I'm allowed to buy one. I just don't think I could go a year without getting new perfume!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Me either, Renee! No way could I go an entire year! But that's a good point, if (when!) I come across a new scent that I need to get my hands on I'll make sure that I get rid of another bottle first! Makes it totally okay to purchase then :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Yep totally justifies it right! Haha, I'm slowly trying to downsize but it's really hard.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Christmas is my weakness because although I don't really do much of christmas, the lead up to it is so exciting.. and value sets are my life. I have already brought a Black Opium perfume set. But the things I really want are from the US, such as the too faced set which has three love blushes and three melted lipsticks, and the lorac gift set which is 80 usd for both unzipped palettes,and a blush palette. Drool! 
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I had a look in farmers today and for anyone interested in the little 10 sample perfume thing, they are little spray bottles like little vaporiser things.

estee lauder or elizabeth arder ( I can't remember which) had a 5 peice one with the perfumes with open tops
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have open-top vials from L'Occitane... I just went and bought atomisers in the $2 shop :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I have my eye on the farmers perfume sample as well! It's cool that you get a free 30ml perfume with it but not sure if it's worth it?
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Oh awesome that's good to know, thanks Sam! I thought it seemed strange that they looked liked spray bottles on the box if that's not what was actually inside lol.

Umm Renee, my 'perfume in/perfume out' regime starts today. I just went and impulse bought two perfumes online coz they were soooooo cheap, but I know which two I'm happy to get rid of so we're all good!
MareeB
5242 posts
Oooh that is so tempting to buy the 10 - pack. I just have too many perfumes to use up first..I was going to buy myself some Georgio for Christmas but I can't even do that really, as I've got too many others I couldn't resist during the year..
ragingfrog
1289 posts
As much as I want I can't justify the farmers perfume sampler but I can justify the YSL black opium pack with mascara and liner for some reason.
Jesse
745 posts
The Farmers perfume set, yes! I'm also looking out for Lancome's Visionaire gift sets, great value and amazing products.
Rezee
1964 posts
Lol Sarah! 
how much is the black opium set?
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
The Black Opium set is $110 Renee, that's with the 30ml bottle, mini mascara and mini pencil...I didn't realise it was quite that much, but then I always forget how much that damn scent costs!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have my eye on the Bite Beauty Limited edition sets at Sephora since I've been wanting that brand for a long time. Personally I prefer lipsticks in minis and have more items to try. If only Sephora would accept my Mastercard. I also have my eye on a limited edition Becca set since I don't have any highlighters in my collection. I really want to get the Sephora Superstars since I want to try quite a few of the items in that set. And there's the Ambient Edit Palette which I'm on the waiting list for.
Rezee
1964 posts
That's not too bad really, the 30ml is about that price anyway eh? I so wish my local store sold it!
Koni
444 posts
I've been stalking the holiday gifts from Sephora since they released sneak peaks earlier on and now that they're finally available I don't want them as much. Maybe the Karen Walker makeup brushes?  I love the design and I need some new ones but $USD125.00 worth - uhhhhh right. Possibly the Champagne Glow palette??

Kirsty_J kindly gifted me a Jo Malone sample which I refuse to use just yet so just holding off since like Sarah she has taste in perfumes that cost a bajillion dollars haha.  Admittedly I have bought one as a gift for my cousin but for me; I'd die - do you know how many highlighters I could grab with that? Besides I'm a spritz happy kind of girl - expensive or not - you will be used.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm trying not to go crazy but then I talk myself into buying more as it is for blogging...right? hehehe which I have such a backlog of I can't wait to catch up with myself.  Anyway I have the Benefit Christmas item sets, want a couple of the Body Shop ones especially the frosted plum ones.  If Sephora Au gets some more Christmas items in stock I will probably get something but as soon as anything decent hits the site it is out of stock so quickly, hope the novelty wears off soon so I can shop.   Black Friday and Cyber Monday is coming up at the end of November so trying to hold off on anything massive so I can swoop on those, I know I won't get in on the Sephora usa site on as they just dumb at the moment.  Heaps of other places though like NYX, beauty.com, nordstrom will no doubt have something good to jump in on. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Yeah it's pretty much the same price, Renee. I just always forget that's how much it costs lol. I'm intrigued about the EDT version they've just released, coz they always tend to smell slightly different to the EDP.

Haha Koni, Jo Malone is totally a whole other category of expensive! I've never tried any of the testers for fear of wanting one. That's awesome that you got a tester though! You better be saving all your lunch money for when you run out ;) And yes to the Champagne Glow palett, it's got your name all over it!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!