Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Chemist Warehouse, have you been?

40 posts, 13 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Went to Chemist Warehouse for the first time yesterday, completely blew my mind! Soooo many perfumes, makeup and skincare products. I wish I had a lot more funds to spend, but made do with what I had. They had an incredibly wde range of brands and pricing seemed really reasonable, especially when you take in to account the amounts that had further clearance prices. I definitely plan to return here, mostly for the perfumes, everything else is a bonus!
MareeB
5244 posts
Is it only in Auckland?
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah Maree just one so far i think, at st Luke's. I've been, it's as good as the Aus ones, I think.

I still want Priceline here though!
MareeB
5244 posts
It sounds like something I'd like - guess they'll get down here eventually? 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've never been to the Aussie one or Priceline. Is it similar?
Kimrose
1419 posts
I work there and its great. So many positive comments from happy customers. I do shop there as well, Husband reminds me of that..haha.
Kimrose
1419 posts
It is only in Auckland at the moment, St.Lukes is the first however they are opening another one in Botany hopefully before the end of April. There are at least 3more sites in Auckland coming by the end of the year. I have not heard of any stores outside of Auckland but I am sure there will be more.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I imagine the Customer Satisfaction rate would be high! Ooh  I hope one is opening out west. Although St Lukes isn't that far from me. Do you get a staff discount? Seems like an ideal place to work.
Kimrose
1419 posts
We do actually get a staff discount, its not huge but prices are great anyway. There re plans for one westside, I will let you know when I know the location.
tabucutie
1811 posts
That is exciting! I look forward to it. I want to go back and buy more stuff I am thinking next pay but trying to hold off lol. Definitely a new fav
Julieal
915 posts
If you are in Aussi really worth going too -I am waitingfor the NZ branch to start on line sales.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Tabucutie, or anyone here,I work in the fragrance area so if you are in come and say Hi, it would be lovely to meet you. I am on annual leave this coming week but usually I work monday - friday 8.30-5.
tabucutie
1811 posts
@kim_rose: that's so cool. I may have met you and not known it but will defiitely keep that in min don my next visit :)

I wish the Chemist Warehouse had the NZ website up and running. While it's nice to go instore and have a look at everything. I do prefer to buy it all online and just get it shipped. So much easier!
BeautyGirl
162 posts
I'm so happy to read this post! have been to the chemist warehouse everytime i've been to aussie and spent too much to say. Is it close to onehunga by any chance? im from hamilton so don't know auckland all that well :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
It's located in St Lukes. At a guess i'd say it's maybe half an hour max from Onehunga on the SW motorway using the new tunnel. 
Macs
5351 posts
I’ve been planning on making a trip there someday soon for a look. I’ve only heard good things from family and friends.
tabucutie
1811 posts
It will definitely be worth your while! :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
there's a new one in Botany :)
Macs
5351 posts
That’s closer to me . I’ll check that one out
thirtywinks
60 posts
I have and I love it! It's huge and they have products that I don't usually see in malls. Been there twice but was on a rush so I couldn't really explore the whole place. Their pricing is really competitive too.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I loved the range of products and I thought the prices were good. I want to go back but don't think I'll get round to it anytime soon. Probably a good thing 
Sophia
203 posts
Went to visit today, I was somewhat overwhelmed by all the choices and saturation of pricing signs but once I got accustomed I was happy to potter around and look at things. 
Got some Natio hand cream $7 cheaper than expected, and a new dry hanfs potion I hadn't seen before. Makeup like Maybelline etc was cheaper than Farmers' normal prices by about 3-5 bucks per item, so worth a look if the thing you want is not on sale at your usual store.

I recommend a look!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Awesome glad you got some bargains. What is dry hands potion? Is it a hand cream or something? Haven't heard of it before.
Sophia
203 posts
The brand is Bioten, and it says SOS - Perfect hands- very dry/chapped hands.
Unlike most creams for dry hands, this soaks in and is gone quickly.
Smells a bit like baby powder, so I use another cream over top that has a fruity smell!
but the bioten cream is good, feels soothing., and only $2.50!  They had a couple of different varieties, though I forgot what the others were. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
The brand sounds familiar but you had me sold at the $2.50 price point. How much product do you get(mls/weight)? Must put this on my "I want" list.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Do they have an online website? I haven't seen any actual shops in Chch
trudijoy
8375 posts
they technically have one, but it says that the orders will all be processed through Australia.
Sophia
203 posts
Tabu.....
50ml in this tube. Seems like it will last though as you don't need much.
I've uploaded a photo of it on photo wall . Can you see it? I'm not very good at the photo thing
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Charmmy-Kitty: Just the Australian website at the moment. I really wish they would get a NZ site. I imagine there would be more than enough business to it, myself included. I would much prefer to get the bargains online shopping from my own home. Maybe in the future they will?

@Sophia: Yes I did see the photo thanks. I looks like quite a small size but if the formula is creamy I imagine you would only need a small amount and it last I long time. I had a Palmers handcream that was about the size same as your one and it lasted me 2-3 months from memory. I used it several times a day on my working days. Still worth it. :)
Imoshen
461 posts
Went into Chemist Warehouse at Botany during the weekend and was blown away!  What a great store!  It's a little awkward to get to this one but it's near K-mart so a good excuse to go to both.

Kim_Rose - If I wanted Differin or Skinoren would I have to ask for that at the prescriptions counter?  Couldn't see it on the shelves and it is the type of thing that you should probably ask the chemist for.
tabucutie
1811 posts
How Handy to have Kmart and Chemist Warehouse close together. I never go out Botany ways but would b interested to see who has better deals the Botany branch or St Luke's branch.
trudijoy
8375 posts
botany is a good time! I used to work out that way. It'll be even better once the mall redevelopment is finished!
Macs
5351 posts
I finally went there today . I went to the one in Botany and got me a new Foundation . Hopefully it works well on my skin. 
Julieal
915 posts
I am waiting for the online site from NZ as I live in Tauranga so not often up in Auckland.
shazatron101
5112 posts
i dunno what this place is (i have a general idea but not a fully formed one lol) but damn it sounds amazing!
Artemis
311 posts
And the South misses out again! :D hopefully the store does well in Auck, and will expand further
Sophia
203 posts
I went back last week and spent $50 - that's heaps for me!!  Got another handcream to try - Swisse Rosehip  - thumbs up - it's better than the Bioten I got last time and mentioned above. They had seriously cheap paracetamol and ibuprofen, and I got a bunch of other householdy/chemisty things too boring to mention here.
I was tempted by the L'Oreal stand as they had a different shade of the Eye Paint I like, but it wasn't QUITE cheap enough to tempt me to add to all the other stuff I had in the basket.  When I went to Farmers later I found that shade wasn't there, so was kicking myself a little. 
Next time I feel like a CW splurge I'll start on the makeup and then finish on the boring household stuff haha!
tabucutie
1811 posts
I haven't been back since I originally started this thread which is probably a good thing. I have buying a lot online in recent months and am generally quite stocked up now. Hoping to buy some American goodies too while I am away.
Sophia
203 posts
I don't go to St Lukes much, but today I was literally walking past Chemist Warehouse and resisted the urge to go in.  I knew I would buy makeup if I went inside, but I conquered!
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Sophia: Good on you for having restraint! I hope I will find some. Probably not until I get back from holiday when I won't have the money to buy anymore products.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!