Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Changes to how status's work

170 posts, 40 members
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I actually really like the new changes to the status's.  It seems more fair to me and includes alot more people in the running for vaults etc.  The perks are also pretty darn awesome too.  For the free shipping, is there still the choice of dontating to a charity?  Thanks BR for the email letting us know x
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I think it makes a lot of sense to do it the way they are now :)
-Bex-
611 posts
Good thinking BR love how it's all fair for everybody now. 
MrsRosie
214 posts
I think its a great idea too, I love the change! Fab work BR ladies  :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Great status changes, BR.  I agree with the ladies who have already posted their comments, it's a wonderful, fair way of doing things.  
pintsize
1072 posts
I just read BR's message, I think it all sounds really good.
One thing I'm curious about is how Heros (and Superheroes I assume as well) get the discount on BBBE? is there a code they use? 

xx
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hello!!

The news is out! Exciting times :)

I saw a couple of questions pop up ...

In regards to the BBBE discount, heroes and supers will be send a code for that.

As for the free shipping, yep, you can still have that donated to charity if you'd like.

Right, I have to go stare at some hairy armpits for a bit...

xxx
pintsize
1072 posts
Thanks Head Pixie
Good to know :)

Um... have fun staring at. hairy. arm.pits :/ lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think a code is a good idea but what happens when someone starts handing out the code? That's the only ... "issue" I see with that idea ;-) I like that free shipping is still available to heros, thats nice. Enjoy the armpits Pixie haha :-P
Macs
5351 posts
Im very happy with this outcome. Thank yous BR 
First Lady
957 posts
Shaz - easy peasy.  Any orders using the Hero code that are not made by Heroes will be cancelled.  It's 1 box per Hero, per release.  

(that makes sense right?  I think I've said it 5 times in my head to make sure...)

Glad you guys are supporting the changes - you rock!

xox

shazatron101
5112 posts
Mmmmyes I think it makes sense. And I spose it's easy to keep track of the heroes names as well so, yeah, I guess it would be picked up pretty easily ;-) 
mallomiss
569 posts
I like! 
Alot fairer & simpler too! 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
great work, I too think simpler is easier! And it definetly seems like a good idea to have the 500 point minmum to do the Vault.
First Lady
957 posts
Pfft I could recite the names in my sleep!

Like Arya in GOT but less revenge-y haha.

xox
shazatron101
5112 posts
"less revenge-y" hahahahahahahaha ohhhhh that's so good. I wouldn't think you swapped faces with people either, though that'd be pretty cool ;-) 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Sounds good! Just a thought...

You guys have mentioned in the past that because of the size of the site you don't get to check as many reviews as you used to (understandably), so I'm just thinking it would be rather easy for someone to come along and put a bunch of bogus reviews up to get some free stuff, because 6wks doesn't really allow much time to identify that they're bollocks reviews.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I don't think the changes are that substantive. Although by my calculations there will be a lot more Review Heros - 0.5-1% of 30000 members is 150-300 members and I think there are only 30 heros at present.

Sarahbeautynz that is a possible concern but if you do the maths, 500 points is a lot to accumulate in six weeks (or even over a longer time). The quickest way would be to sign up (25), one review trial which new members tend to get when they join (50), and then the remaining 425 to come from fake reviews - of which they would have to review 29 products to get to 500 points. 29 reviews in 6 weeks, let alone fake reviews, is an awful lot. Who has time for that? Hopefully it won't get abused though as you suggest.

ETA: although, if they got more bogus reviewers over 35 to sign up to BR that would shorten the process... Hmmm maybe it would be too easy for people to scam the system
Head Pixie
569 posts
A fair concern, Sarah. If it helps, while bad reviews do at times sneak through the cracks, if someone goes on a reviewing mission it become obvious in the backend, and we can quickly see if the reviews are up to scratch or not, and then the velvet draped fist of justice comes out... (not by me though, my fists are either made of candyfloss or iron. There's not a lot of inbetween...)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
'velvet draped fist of justice' = new fave saying
chikoboo
3402 posts
Pifithrin.  I can rack that number up easy as I do about 4-8 reviews if not more at times, I have a lot of products pass through my hands =)

Unfortunately though that is life, people are always going to find ways to expoilt the system to get what they think they deserve or need.  In regards to bogus reviews it does come down to alot of us guys too, with the amount of reviews incoming each day we need to report any that we stumble upon that then draw a red flag to the BR team.  Don't think of it as being mean but as improving the site for the better and ensuring that those who really put the effort in get the rewards.  Team effort will prevail. 

Pifithrin
1243 posts
chikoboo I'm the same - lately I have been doing 5 reviews at a time so I know it's easy to do! It's just that that many fake reviews is an awful lot. How can you write a review about something you have never used? As you say though people will always exploit the system.

I guess I find it disappointing that people would be so unethical.

Also good reminder about the report button!
annanguyen
142 posts
I am excited that Super Heroes get 15% off every Best Beauty Box Ever as I do love the boxes and definitely make the next boxes. Thank you so much!
First Lady
957 posts
You'd be surprised what we pick up on and what gets reported.

1 member was copying another member's reviews from makeupalley.  When confronted she said it was her makeuplley acccount - we never heard from her again when we asked her the simple question 'what's your makeupalley username'!

We've had members copy and paste reviews from other members, school girls go on a flurry pasting the same review for different products, members setting up dupe accounts; the list goes on.

Like any member driven site, from Trip Advisor to Amazon reviews, we can't know that everyone is genuine, but we have our ways to keep mickey-takers to a minimum.

Plus our Moderation System has just been streamlined, which means the crew can not only access a real time feed of ALL site activity - we can pull down reviews with one click, so we'll be able to keep on top of moderation much more than the previous few months.  (BBBE and the arrival of Billy Bean did slow us down over the New Year)

xxx

Rezee
1964 posts
Wow, it never would have occured to me to steal someone else's reviews! Are people seriously that desparate to get a free product????I like the changes, it's cool to know the vault will be totally free as a hero. And I love the discount of the beauty boxes too!
Rajvee2588
221 posts
i read the massage and i like the change....too. fair for HERO AND SUPER HERO.

BRCREW did know better than us. whole day they are working on website.
what copy paste for reviews....its make me angry. this kind of people missleading people about beauty product. good on you BRCREWS. keep it up.

i always read reviews first before buy anything.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I like the changes! :) Well done BR Crew. I can not believe people would copy and paste! Man oh man!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've CPA'd my OWN reviews before (copy paste and alter) if it's something where the 2nd product is a variant on the first and parts of it are relevant - but i always alter to incorporate the unique features.

Plagiarism, on the other hand.... ugh.  Do yo' own reviews, lazies.

Re the statuses, I like it.   Intrigued that the vault entry and discounts appear to be some of the perks; wouldn't put it past you girls to have a few tricks up your sleeves! <3

Thanks as always for actively considering the evolution of the site.  You're all pretty awesome.
MareeB
5239 posts
Good work. Change keeps things fresh and interesting :)
First Lady
957 posts
People have been known to go a bit kook-a-la-la for the chance at free stuff!

But I'd say the majority of members are here for the right reasons, and as for the naughty folk, well, it keeps us on our toes!

xox

MrsRosie
214 posts
I had no idea how bad the 'fakes' are :( Currently with extra time on my hands Ive been making an effort to do more reviews - which still isnt many - as during Summer I got a bit busy. It takes me ages to write a review as I carefully think it out and write what I think is important about the product. Sad to know there are fakes out there, I may not have many reviews but least my conscience is clear. Once again BR crew you do an amazing job tackling the bad guys YeeeHaaaa
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Excited about the $15 off the BBBE. And free shipping is always awesome. I too am a little bit stunned people blatantly copy and paste. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Lol ahh, what people will do for a free buck!

Thanks for the responses crew. I know there's always going to be a few that cheat the system, I was just wondering if the new rules would welcome more people to do it, but I'm sure ya'll have it under control if you are able to see things in real time now, how exciting!

It all sounds awesome though :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Cool to see the changes! I just like seeing how the site is evolving over time. Kinda keeps you on your toes a bit :P
Kimrose
1415 posts
You BRBabes are awesome.  You really have to be one step ahead. It is a real shame that there are some shonky people out there, makes us appreciate the genuine ones more. Thanks for all of your hard work in making this such a great community. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I think over the holidays at the end of last year till the end of January. I wanted to get back into doing regular reviews and wanted to reach 300 reviews before the end of January but that was goal driven, not points driven and put effort into writing thorough reviews. I picked the EOH Brow Perfect for my 300th since I really love that product.

Good on you BR crew for catching people who are claiming other people's reviews. It's a lot monitoring with the number of memebers we have.
Artemis
311 posts
Sounds good and thanks to all the Heros and Superheros who make the site so great (well, all of us, really!) :)
chloednz
217 posts
?Such awesome changes BR crew, I know it must be such a mission to try and make things fair and inclusive for everyone. Am super excited to see how things will move forward and evolve for the site.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Okay, I may have been living under a rock recently as I haven't seen anything about new status changes lol.  Was there an email or message about it? Sorry he he he
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Mumof3Munchkins, check your BR inbox, there was a message sent yesterday titled "Amazing Trial Products Looking for Reviewers and Status/Vault Changes".  All the info is in that message. :-)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ba ha ha oops, thanks Silvene, just seen it and read it now lol.  Awesome, loving the new changes x
Manda129
419 posts
Loving the changes BR!
Lutece
1849 posts
Woah thats such a cool idea! Ive just seen how the new statuses are, I agree they look great :) And the discount on the BBBE, I will be using that for sure!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Please could someone tell me how often status changes happen.  I was under the impression that it was every 12 weeks but I can't find anything on the FAQ section of the site or in the last message about status changes (I checked my inbox).   Thanks.
First Lady
957 posts
Hey Silvene,

Every 3 months-ish!  We try to work from calendar month - calendar month, but occasionally it gets a bit out of sync.

We'll be announcing Mystery Shops tomorrow and then we'll assess Heroes over the weekend, make the necessary changes there, and select the 3 new Superheroes next week at some point!

After removing all statuses bar handpicked Hero and Superhero, we pulled down the old articles with all the info!

xox
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks, First Lady, for answering my questions (this one and the one about the vault - I totally understand why the vault needs to alternate days, it's a good thing and gives everyone a chance at participating sometime).  

I see that there's still mention of being downgraded to a Review Apprentice on the Trial Team FAQ's, under "What happens if I don't fill out my review in time?".  I don't know if the wording on that was supposed to change too?  

Sorry, I'm giving you more work to do!
Rezee
1964 posts
Oooh I wonder who the new supers will be. I have a couple of names floating around in my head!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Excited to see what BR has in store for the mystery shops for the Supers. And to see the status changes :)
First Lady
957 posts
Cheers Silvene - I've fixed that up!

The site is too big, hahahaha, there's always an old article or page lurking.

xox
-Bex-
611 posts
Yay for mystery shops i love reading the articles.

goly gosh time for status changes already? that went fast.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!