Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Changed formula, not okaaaaay

30 posts, 11 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ethique have changed the formula of my holy grail cleanser, and changed it a LOT. I now can’t use it and it makes me so annoyed. It wasn’t broken, why ‘fix’ it??

What have you had taken away from you by a dumb decision to change formula ?
Susilia
484 posts
Oh no, I hate when companies do that without telling us beforehand, so we could at least stock up.
Which one was it?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ugh, so annoying! Not a change in formula but I’m still mad at Lush for discontinuing King Of Skin body butter. I barely shop there anymore since they seem to favour products full of glitter and citrus oils these days. So it’s overall changes in the company for me. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Susilia it was ‘In Your face’

it’s so awful now, leaves my skin feeling greasy and dirty. It used to make my skin feel clean and refreshed 

they gave me a $25 voucher when I pointed out that failure to note the changed formula on the package isn’t okay, but there’s only one thing on the entire website I want to try and it’s sold out. 

My other fave of theirs (minute manicure) got discontinued. 

Ive been a customer 4 years and am in their VIP group, and they’ve lost me now 

trudijoy
8375 posts
Soozie yeah Lush are terrible for discontinuing!  

Body Shop too, there are like 17 scents I need them to bring back 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lush have always been one for limited editions (this was a regular line) but I think they’ve lost sight of who there customer base is. They seem to be targeting teens/tweens these days even though their prices, which continue to increase, are putting their products out of reach of many, never mind teens. I just don’t get where they are coming from anymore. Also, they continue to use sulphates in their shower gels and shampoos yet there’s a lot of supermarket brands available that don’t. Whhhhhhyyyyyy?

Would be interested to hear what all the other Lushies on here think? I know a lot of others in the lush community are loosing their love for the brand. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’ve gone off Lush. The odd shower gel,mask or soap is about all I bother with 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hate it when formulas are changed! I too have gone off Lush. I went to a Christchurch store a few weeks back and everything I looked at had glitter in it. In fact the chick behind the counter was plastered in glitter! I was so underwhelmed and left with a lip balm which she had to show me had no glitter cause it looked like it did and a solid perfume. I find it overrated.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ughhhh, I’m so over all the glitter!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol same! The bath glitter bombs are the worst idea ever. Why would you want to bath in it then be covered literally everywhere. 
MareeB
5244 posts
I haven't used any Lush for ages.
Susilia
484 posts
I remember in your face, the pink, salty one, right? Was ok, but don’t think I’ve repurchased it after the first 2 blocks.
It sucks that it was your go to and now you just can’t do anything about it. :( 

Soozie:
I was a huge lushie, but lost interest when they closed down the lush kitchen, used to do group orders etc, still working through my lush stash and it’s exhausting. I just want to use them up and get over with it, lol. I have like 25 empty pots to return for free face masks, but live 2.5hrs away from the nearest store.

I’m really bad though, after the lush craze I got into mecca, got up to lvl 3 in less than a year. If I realise I have too much potions and lotions and makeup but only one face: I shop for clothes.
I’m trying really hard to just stop buying crap I don’t need, but it’s so hard. I don’t do anything else, don’t go out in the weekends, don’t really drink, holiday account is always topped up for a few holidays a year and absolutely no credit problems, I only spend money I actually have, so I’m struggling to just tell myself I don’t need anything, yet I love receiving packages. I have a problem. :/ 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I emailed Ethique a few weeks ago with regards to a suggestion about a unisex deodorant fragrance, and they informed me that they were “reformulating” all their deo bars and would take my suggestion into account. 

I’ve gone off Lush, stopped buying from The Body Shop, and if Ethique changes their St Clements shampoo bar in a way that I don’t like, I’ll be using a different brand of solid shampoo (I’ve already sussed out a back-up brand that I’m keen to try). 

I was really upset when I found out that Lipidol discontinued their Facial Cleansing Oil, as it’s the only facial cleansing oil that truely emulsified with water and didn’t leave the shower floor feeling slippery. 
Monousanza
2 posts
A bad news for me as a user too. I'll check their other products if there are changes too. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Awww, I hope they don't reformulate their shampoo and conditioner bars as they've been my ride or die for years and I only need to buy them like once a year. I hope they don't take that away from us loyal customers.
trudijoy
8375 posts
tannygirl you'd have thought that 3-4 years buying and being on their VIP list made ME a loyal customer, but apparently not.

Silvene, they are reformulating literally everything apparently

Susilia, yeah that's the one. It's now 'soap free' so no lather (box still promises a lather) and the slight drying ness of it actually suited my skin bc i paired it with other things.

I'm just super annoyed about it. It's not okay
trudijoy
8375 posts
and yes, Mecca is liiiiife. I plan to go in and get some samples of a couple things tomorrow <3
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Loyalty seems to mean nothing these days. I’ve been shopping with Lush since the early 1990s, when they were Cosmetics to Go. The response I got from them when I emailed them about discontinuing King of Skin was frankly, disgusting. It was just a cut and paste reply, didn’t even contain accurate information and no acknowledgement of me being a customer for so long. Hmmmm, seems like everyone is losing their love for Lush. 

Lol Susilia I got the Mecca mania once they came along too and I have yet to lose it. Now there’s a company that knows how to give great customer service!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup you would think that a customer service protocol adapts to the client.... i know mine does.

I never disrespect my long-termers by selling at them, or treating them like newbies.  I make sure I know before I answer - and believe you me, with the thousands of teachers I deal with, there are systems to make sure of this, especially digitally.

In person it might be a little different, of course - but you were dealing online/in email and it's never okay to not know your customers. 

Also agree that Lush have gone downhill in most areas - I mentioned being disappointed that The Comforter has been discontinued and the in-person response was basically 'oh well we have lots of nice scents'.  Not the point.....
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
All those “lovely new scents” in lush just all smell the same to me now - they’re all citrus!
Macs
5351 posts
Oh no I like that Cleanser . That minute manicure was awesome too . Why oh why. I’ve seen Ethique in Farmers I had plans to purchase it once I finish my Clarins Cleanser . 
shazatron101
5112 posts
i hate when things changed!!! when bossy was still known as bossy and small they had a charcoal bar that i loved, but that changed and it was terrible and i couldnt use it anymore, so i feel your pain trudi. it sucks!!!

as for lush, yep i agree with all of the above!! too much glitter, the price is ridiculous and to be honest, half the products are no where near as good as what they used to be. and i am sick of everything bloody well melting or having a 2 week expiry date! 

now i am loyal to no one as everything just gets chopped and changed because the company wants to, not because its what the consumer wants. so lame
Macs
5351 posts
That’s true soozie. I went into Lush in Brisbane. I was so disappointed. Everything smells the same. I ended up at Bath and Body Works more variety in scents. Tempted by the candles now regretting not buying one lol 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Wow, we were some hard core Lushies on here but sounds like we all feel the same. I haven’t bought anything from Bossy since they changed names. The scents are all too sweet for me now. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh and then of course there are the brands that suddenly decide to stop selling in NZ without any warning. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shaz ... yeah I’m the same, brand loyalty depends on brand dependability for me. And yup, Bossy/ Bonbon have gone off the boil for me too. 

Macs omg I love Bath and Body Works! I want them in NZ so bad. I bought 5 mini candles, 2 shower gels and 3 lotions in Hawaii after being not impressed the first time I went in but then going back coz shaz said it was awesome... she was right and now I’m super sad about not getting more. I didn’t know it was in Aus now, and I’m back to having to go there (and Singapore, apparently!) for work, so yay!  I got the sea salt and mango, and white sand, and vanilla and brown sugar lotions/gels and all those plus all the candles were gorgeous!! 

And yup soozie .... still mad at at ZA for withdrawing from NZ and taking my holy grail cleansing oil with them grrrr

Cannot WAIT for Aucklands two Sephora stores to open 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also I NEED Victoria’s Secret to open here
MareeB
5244 posts
I just rely on BBBE. I rarely buy products any other way now.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Fair play if that works for you, Maree, but I need input into certain shades and products so I like to be able to choose, personally 
EliseMM
120 posts
Great thread guys, loved reading your comments! 

I'm on the Mecca train and will struggle to go back to anything else. Although I do frequently shop at Life Pharmacy because they have the best loyalty programme - $10 voucher for every $200 spent. 

Just wanted to add my two cents haha

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!