Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Can't believe I did that...

21 posts, 19 members
Ringy
825 posts
I was just washing my face, using an oil, and thought 'gee my mascara came off really easily tonight' since my whole face wasn't covered in black and then I realised - I wasn't wearing mascara! I'd done a whole face of makeup this morning and forgotten to put mascara on! Plus I had been out and about today. How embarrassing! 

Just me? Or has something like this happened to others?
Macs
5351 posts
I have walked out without eyeliner so many times. It has been a while since I have gone out full face. I could do that this week sometime. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have done that once! I did a smokey eye, went to work, noticed I had no mascara!!! Looked really strange with a full on eyeshadow look. At lunch time I went and bought a new mascara because I couldn't handle it.
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
haha oh no! I've done it a few times when I've put a full (for me) face of makeup on and then walked out without lipstick on :/ that always makes me uncomfortable for the day lol
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I've done it lots. I noticed on you when you talked about the lash serum and wondered if you had mascara hehe you totally got away with it xx
MissQT
1547 posts
yeah I've done that before too. I went to work without mascara and didn't realise until halfway throughout the day.
Ringy
825 posts
Ha Ha- I didn't get away with it if you noticed! 
Mila
1209 posts
ha ha I've done that before mascara is the worst to especially with lashes like mine that are light I suddenly have no eyes lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've done that.

When I was teaching i had a wee kit of 'just in case makeup' which proved very handy on multiple occasions.

I put mascara on one eye only one time. One of my ten years olds pointed it out (politely, so I gave her a lolly haha).

The thing I probably forget the most is perfume. I used to routinely forget things but now that i'm working from home I have a decent wee routine going - plus if i DO forget something I can just pop into the bathroom and fix it up haha.

The wee sample mascaras (i have them from Benefit and MAC) are gold for at-work makeup touch ups because theyre so teeny :)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Yes guilty haha. And when I was in a rush I put cleansing lotion on my legs instead of moisturiser lol. The bottles looked the same.
annanguyen
142 posts
lol I have done that before too!!
One time I did a full face make up, went out and realised that I have got no lipstick on.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm guilty of going without mascara regularly and just darkening my lashes with my black eyeliner. I keep a black eyeliner, concealer and red lipstick on me at all times, because between them they can create an emergency face.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Aaarggh yes! I did this last week with my brows. I always do my makeup in the same order and when it came down to doing my brows (which take forever coz i have none) I started filling them in then was like "omg, there is nothing that could bore me more than doing this right now" so I left them to do at the end.

Except I didn't. Rocked up to work and it finally hit me as I walked in the door "for the love of...I didn't finish my brows!!". Funny how you can stare at yourself in a mirror all morning and not see these things.

Luckily I had a crusty old brow pencil in my desk at work. I have no other makeup products in there, except that. It obviously knew. Yay for crusty brow pencils! I've done the mascara thing too..I really should take some more things to keep at work.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
OMG this! So I can never get my eyeliner to be the same so one time I thought oh whatever I'll do my right one now and left one at the end. Walked around with one cat eye for half a day.
Kimrose
1415 posts
I left home without doing my eyebrows!!! Absolutely frightening.  Luckily I checked my make up in the car mirror and noticed, then pulled into the nearest pharmacy and bought some brow fix! Phew...
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I hope to not be caught short at work since I carry a small pack in my handbag with basics. Left mascara at home once and I was going to the work formal straight form work. Thank goodness for working in CBD.
Rezee
1964 posts
I don't think I've forgotten anything important but I've definitely noticed blending issues after I've been up town (never on a home day). I've forgotten perfume a few times though and that makes me feel naked.
janini9
341 posts
I did it today, except I forgot blush and eyeshadow. I was trying to do an extra special makeup because I had a rather important appointment. I left doing my sedate neutral eye shadow look and thought, I'll do the mascara first in case I muck it up and flick black everywhere which for some reason has been happening due to a few eye stabs lately. So after carefully doing the mascara I just forgot to do the eyeshadow and somehow put on lippy and forgot the blush too.
It wasn't until I was in the car on my way into town that I checked my face in the rear vision mirror in the slow Auckland traffic and thought sheesh you are looking tired and washed out. Then it dawned on me, I'd left off half my makeup!
Too late to rescue it, I went straight to my appointment. Lucky it was quite hot, so I was a bit flushed anyway.
RachLouise
218 posts
Ive done that a few times. I feel like it always happens when someone is rushing me. I now carry mascara in my handbag
Ringy
825 posts
I'm glad this is such a common thing!
MrsO
196 posts
The most embarassing thing I did was to put blusher on and forgot to blend it in properly and rushed off to work, got some odd looks and checked in the mirror, I looked like a clown.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!