Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Can we do this now? What was your favourite item in the BRBB?

48 posts, 33 members
mallomiss
569 posts
Squeeee!!!! 

Hopefully everyone has them now as I've been dying to make this thread!!! I'm so surprised no one else has as of yet! 

Soooo.

What was your favourite? 

Did the colour selection work well?

My favourite product is actually the Collection Cosmetics Illuminating Touch Concealer. I'm surprised as I have no had great experiences with anything else of their's I have tried... 

Personally I found the colours excellent too! The Moisture Mist Foundation is the correct shade for me however possibly more in winter (I seem to have already darkened with Spring).. so that is going away for the Winter stash. 

I also have to say... I absolutely love the Green box and the Yellow Tissue complimented it well! Now I'm trying to think what I can keep in this pretty box! 
Rezee
1964 posts
I've been waiting for this thread! Has Koni got hers first though? I know Macs has hers now, was anyone else waiting?
-Bex-
611 posts
Whittaker's was still waiting too and someone else. But so can't wait to see what everyone else thinks 
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I'm subscribing to this thread and going to wait and see if the others have theirs :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Whittakers just got hers last night.
Macs got hers. Do we know if koni got hers yet?
Macs
5351 posts
I got mine dunno about Koni. Dumb question coming how do I work that pen nothing coming out :(
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Keep twisting it??
Macs
5351 posts
Tried twisting, shaking, nothing happening :( I figure it out got it going yay, thank u toni
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Koni watched your unboxing Ong, plus I sent her photos lol. Looks like we might be able to go nuts! :)

I'm most excited about the Sea Salt Spray, only used it once so far so no real opinion yet but I'd wanted to try one for the longest time!
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Haven't pUT any products to use yet but I'm most excited to try the trilogy balm. I saw shaanxo using this in her vlog.
MareeB
5239 posts
I tried the anti-yellowing  hair mousse - it didn't do anything at all really. Probably because of the colour of my hair.

I really didn't like the gel pencil.

I'm really keen to try all of the other products this weekend.
Lutece
1849 posts
The packaging is so gorgeous! I love the bright colours, I've been using a lot of things from my BRBB, my fav would be the small sea salt spray, it gives my hair so much volume! I have the smallest amount of hair and this has helped so much :)
Head Pixie
569 posts
Macs, my advice for the concealer? (It's a fav of mine) Twist and twist and twist and just when you're at the 'this thing is broken' stage, twist and twist and twist some more. I swear when I got mine I twisted it for a good 3 - 5 minutes before anything appeared. It was worth the effort though :) xx
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm quite liking the gel liner, only used it twice so far but it's good so far.  The foundation is a tad dark for me but I really like how it sits on my dry skin. I'm super excited to try out the trilogy balm but I'm not even half way done with my micellar water so will wait to finish that before I start using it.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yay I am so glad this thread is finally happening!!! My favourite thing from the vault has been the Trilogy cleansing balm (which is an item i was hoping would be in there). 

I loved the colour of the box, bright green and bright yellow are happy feel good colours! 

I have actually really been enjoying using all the products, from the conealerer to the Za gel eyeliner. I think the only item which was a miss for me was the Hair spray since its not made for dark hair, so i can't use it! 

Apart from that, everything was amazing, and one dud out of 8 products is pretty amazing. Feeling very very lucky to have gotten my hands on one.
janini9
341 posts
Haha Macs, that was me last night, thinking my concealer pen was a dud. As Kellie said just keep twisting and eventually stuff comes out.
janini9
341 posts
I've used quite a few products so far and the fave is the Moisture Mist Foundation. Second fave is the sea salt spray.
trudijoy
8375 posts
For me, personally, box 2 was better but i do really like this one too.

I was most excited by the Trilogy Balm but it wasnt as good as i hoped. Im hoping it gets better as i get used to it.

Love the travel size hair stuff and the lippy. Excited to try the ZA liner.

Probably going to pass on the foundation and brush as i'm set for both.
Macs
5351 posts
I was doing my face this morning turning it for about a minute and it wouldn't work. Thank yous for the tips Kellie and Janini. I can't wait to try it tommorow.
jalb88
121 posts
?Macs- try giving it a good shake then brush it onto your hand after that to see if it comes out, I had trouble with mine but it started working after a good shake! I am really impressed with the lippy actually its lasting power is awesome! Love the gel eyeliner and the cleansing balm is great- especially for my hard to get off mascara, great box! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah I have to agree with you Trudi about the Trilogy. I thought I liked it but it just doesn't do anything for me sadly. The sea spray excited me the most - It's so good! I'm definitley going to use the coupon to get more :D 
-Bex-
611 posts
aw i love the Trilogy Balm, and the lipstick, i havent used the sea salt spray yet, it sounds like im missing out on a good thing
Koni
444 posts
Hugs to Ong and Sarah :-) I officially opened my box tonight and not sure what my favourite is yet but I'm really looking forward to the sea salt spray GRANTED my "bird's nest" doesn't need it but who doesn't want tousled beach waves??
Kimrose
1415 posts
The bright green is a totally awesome spring colour, great choice!  I have stryggles a bit with the Za liner, I much preferred the liquid liner in the last box. I am in love with my lippy and have worn it most days. Still trying other products over the next few days. It's just so neat to have new products to try.
astylecollector
204 posts
I haven't tried everything in the box but I liked most of what's inside. I got the angled blusher & contourin brush and I really liked it. It was better than I expected and quite dense. 

Has anyone tried the blonde lightening spray? I have and I think it works! Even my bf has noticed my hair was a lighter shade. It's not a dramatic change but enough for me to notice.

The ones I'm excited to try are the Goodness moisturiser, Trilogy cleansing balm and the Moisture Mist foundation which was a pretty good match for my skin tone. 

k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm using the blonde lightening spray and I have dark dark brown hair & my hair is lightening up by the minute literally I was going to let everyone know so glad this thread has come up. My hair is going red and I think I could go blonde well bronde I've hardly used much spray I just spritz it on this box came in time because literally that day I was looking for dry shampoo but it was sold out and came home to the box straight after looking at the supermarket
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shaz I didnt bring it away but long story short it gets a week once i go home and if i feel the same im giving it away.....
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm loving the balm cleanser! I have used the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm cleanser before and it isn't quite as good as that but I do still love it. Please try it with a normal wet facecloth though and not the one that comes with it, it makes a huge difference (and if you still don't like it I would gratefully take it off your hands :P )
ragingfrog
1289 posts
As I'm trying to finish some stuff I haven't opened a lot of my box but I have  reached for the lipstick more than what I thought I would. I showed it to a male coworker not having checked the colour and it was like wow that is bright. I figured one or two goes but I have reached for it twice this week since monday.
Rezee
1964 posts
I can't wait to try that concealer now. I'm trying to use up another one first but it's taking forever!
I also liked the bright green box. Mine is repurposed  into an eye palette storage box now. My other box was overflowing.
chloednz
217 posts
I am really liking the liner- stays put way better than any other liner I own which is nice. Am also very excited to try the Trilogy Balm as havent tried any trilogy products before, but am trying to get through my half empty stash of cleansers first. Unfortunately the foundation is too dark so have passed that on. The concealer I thought at first would be way too dark and pink but when used under the eyes the pink is actually good at correcting the dark circles. The sea salt spray is also gorgeous- definately will be purchasing a full size! And the brush is brilliant for contouring. Lots of wins!

The lightening spray scares me, I used a similar product as a teenager and my hair turned orange- not a pretty orange either. If anyone with dark hair uses this pretty please post a before and after to the photowall!
butternutter
42 posts
I'm loving the Trilogy balm. It even takes off those gel eyeliners with ease! The foundation is spot on too and seems to last well on me. Love the moisturiser too. Not quite convinced on the lippy yet, I don't feel like it looks right on me.
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm happy everyone has their boxes now... my apologies if I did ruin the surprise for anyone.

I had completely forgotten about the Blonding spray lol I can't use it as my hair is waaaay too damaged for that sort of thing - malloMr swiped it as soon as he saw it hahaha! It's working quite well on his medium brown hair actually - a little bit gingery but I'm going to go grab him a toner tonight for that. I think he'll suit blonde! 

I didnt really love the sea salt spray... my hair just felt a bit dry and grimey from it really but then I'm not a huge fan of hair products. I hate the feeling of product & that I have to wash it.

I love the Trilogy Balm.. I was quite skeptical about it at first but a couple of go's with it & I love it! 

And the Goodness Moisturiser... I think I could make that one a regular buy... 

MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I haven't opened mine yet still out of the country. It all sounds awesome I can't wait to rip into it:)
i have a feeling I'm not going to make duty free safe through ha ha look out credit card x
chikoboo
3402 posts
I think the goodness moisturiser was the best thing I got, well the most pleased item anyway as I have been wanting to try this one.  The trilogy balm was funny as I went looking for it all over the course of the week prior to getting the box to find it on my final day in Blenheim, and the last one on the shelf too so I brought it only to get home and find one in my box, oh well have 2 now lol.

Love the lipstick too as I love Maybelline lipsticks anyway and the coral orange is so my favourite for the lips.

Macs in regards to that concealer, it has a really thick formula which is what makes it amazing for filling lines, blurring blemishes and correcting darkness.  So maybe grab a mug of warm water and sit it in there for a couple of minutes to loosen it up so that when you twist it, it is more fluid to come out of the brush tip, once it starts you should be ok, the formula can settle and harden I've found this with the maybelline version of this concealer too.  Hope you get it working soon =)
Macs
5351 posts
I must try that tip chic. Anything to make in work faster for me.
I got First Ave. Fuschia for my lipstick and it's one of those colours I steer extremely clear of but it worked so well for me! It does have a habit of staining my lips somewhat however.

I LOVED the eyeliner and I'm a sucker for brown eyeliner so bonus! Pity there's so little of it.

As for the foundation, it was too pink for me so I'll have to pass it on. Loved the carnation scent though! 

I still have a few products to try out so once a few products I have that I'm using already run out I'll dig right in. I passed the dry shampoo to my brother since his hair is very oily oftentimes and he doesn't have enough hair on his head for a huge can.
Melwilsonnz
14 posts
I tried the foundation and the lippy last night, really liked both of them :) the foundation was nice and light but was a perfect color for me.. the lipstick was nice too nice and natural looking! Thanks beauty review for my first beauty box looking forward to the next one xx
annanguyen
142 posts
I am in love with Trilogy MakeUp Be Gone balm. LOVE IT! It is my fave, my 2nd favourite is the Moiture Mist foundation.  The [color=#291b29]Collection Cosmetics Illuminating Touch Concealer is amazing! [/color]I have been using everything in the BB apart from the Schwarzkopf Lightening Spray. 
I love everything in the box. The Moisture Mist Foundation is the correct shade for me. Hooray! I got a Maybelline lipstick in the RED shade which I love. I love how BR customises your box to your preference.

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've only just picked mine up today but soooooo happy the Trilogy balm is in there. That is the one product I was really hoping for. Also happy with the lipstick in fushia as I love the other one I have in that range. So the rest is a bonus for me. Will be passing on the lightening spray though. I have no use for it on my dyed red hair. 
Ahh soozie you got that lipstick too! It's so bright and pretty~
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes happy about the bright lipstick as I've only just got into them recently and love them. Also,happy about the foundation brush as I haven't used one before. 
astylecollector
204 posts
I tried the Moisture Mist foundation on today and I actually liked it. I got the shade natural ochre which is not a bad match to my skin tone so I'm pretty happy with it. So far the only thing I probably wouldn't use as much is the Collection concealer since I already have one and it's the wrong shade for me. Overall, I've been loving the products!
Macs
5351 posts
My three favourites is the concealer its way too light for me but Im using it.  The foundation is the wrong shade but I'm mixing it in with my other colours to bring it up to the right shade. Third would be the balm. Im giving away four items from the box that I wont be using.
Marcel
335 posts
I've been using most of the products in the September BRBB over the last week or so, my fave is the moisture mist foundation.. Was pretty surprised to see that in there, thought it was a risky choice, but turns out it's a pretty good match for me and looks quite natural. Also particularly like the contouring brush and gel liner. The only thing I can't use is the lightening spray as my hair is colored :( Very surprised to see that in there as I would have thought that there would be a lot of ladies who wouldn't be able to use it.. But all good, gave it to someone who can!
littleparadise
178 posts
I adore the foundation, matches my skin really well for the upcoming summer, perfect that it has SPF in it aswell as I am outside for my job a lot of the time. The gel eyeliner is awesome, I got the brown colour and its perfect for daytime wear, I want to love the lippy as they formula is beautiful and smells lovely, but the nude colour is just a bit too light for me I think! :( 
Will have another go, or just end up using it for giving my lips an ombre lip maybe?
I haven't yet tried the Trilogy balm or the hair lightner spray but I will use them for sure! 
Lovveeee the salt hair spray, will save it for those summer locks in conjunction with the lightening spray. 
Have to use up the 3 face moisturisers I have on he go at the moment before I try the goodness product, but by the sounds of it, its quite lush!
charly
456 posts
I was really happy with my box but the best thing was definitely the Trilogy balm - I had really wanted to try it!
_Nicole_
124 posts
I really love the trilogy balm its AMAZING and i also love the nude lippy, i wore the lippy to the reaces in the weekend and it lasted so well.
I wanted to love the foundation but unfortuantly the colour doesnt quite match :(

over all its a great beauty box and im so happy with it

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!