Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Brush Shampoo

25 posts, 18 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
hey ladies

my brushes need cleaning and i'm almost out of brush shampoo.  I use the Bossy one but I can't order more online atm as i'm not sure when i need to leave home and how long I'll be away for (Dads been moved to palliative hospice care and I'll go up north for a while once I....need to) 

What are you using to clean your brushes?  I think someone said baby shampoo is an option?  

I know this seems like a silly thing to worry about at a time like this but. . . yeah.  
Arohas
77 posts
Hi there.
I used the bossy as well. Now I have switched to the Garnier micellar cleansing water. I keep it where I apply my makeup, have a makeup remover pad, squirt some of the garner on to the pad and swirl the brush on the pad. It's so quick and easy. I even get a small jar or glass, put the Garnier in there and swirl the brush in for a few seconds. No need to rinse off, just use the pad to dry. It's the easiest option I have used.

Sorry to hear about your father.
Take care
Aroha x
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I use baby shampoo. Preferably a natural one like Earthwise. It's cheap too so you don't have to be stingy with it.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I volunteer for the hospice, they do amazing work.
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks, might try the micellar water and remember the earthwise baby shampoo for later on. just trying to keep busy]
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I used to use baby shampoo to clean my brushes, as alcohol based brush cleaners tend to dry the bristles out and make them brittle.  Since discovering micellar water, it's the only thing I use to wash my brushes.  Foundation, concealer and lipstick just melts off the brush bristles with micellar water and cleaning sets of brushes is so much quicker than having to foam up and rinse out baby shampoo.

I prefer to use to small glasses and put about 2cm micellar water in one and the same amount of warm water in the other.  I swish my brushes in the micellar water and then in the warm water (to check that they are completely clean and that there's no makeup residue still coming out) and then pat them dry on a clean hand towel that I keep for this purpose, before laying them flat to dry.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I used to use Johnson's baby shampoo before I started using Bossy. I have used the beauty blender cleanser and that was good. I did see Michelle Phan in one of her vids use a mixture of dishsoap and olive oil to clean her brushes.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Sorry to hear about your dad Trudi xx

I use baby shampoo, it's blimmin amazing! But just recently I purchased Garnier Micellar water and I used it today to clean my brushes, it's pretty good!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Sorry to hear about your dad. I have used normal shampoo before and that can work as a quick fix as well if you don't have anything on hand.
Macs
5351 posts
Im in a similar boat for my brushes. I'll definately be taking notes.  
trudijoy
8375 posts
i spent the hardest 6 hours i'll ever spend in hospice today so didn't get to it but i might do them in the morning with micellar for a start.

Thanks girls x
MissQT
1547 posts
I like to use baby shampoo too. If my brushes are really dirty I need to wash them twice.Also, sorry to hear about your dad, stay strong.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Sending massive hugs Trudijoy xxxx
MrsRosie
214 posts
I never thought to use Micellar Water, clever.

Sending a massive ((hug)) your way Trudi, I hope you have a strong support network surrounding you xox 
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Iam really sorry to hear about your dad, Trudi. Stay strong.

On the other hand, I found that micellar is great for washing brushes and you cant go wrong with baby wash.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks everyone. Tried the micellar and it was pretty good; and less work than the actual shampoo.

Thanks too for your kind words. We lost dad this morning xx
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Virtual hugs Trudijoy, from my own experience nothing ever prepares you for this even when you know it is inevitable what is going to happen. 
Head Pixie
569 posts
Trudi, sending you the hugest BR Crew cuddles right now xxxxxxx 
Arohas
77 posts
Trudijoy I send you and your family love

Aroha x
-Bex-
611 posts
Awww Trudi, big virtual hugs to you! So sorry to hear of your loss xx
itskaz_xo
199 posts
Thinking of you and your family Trudi. So sorry to hear about your dad. Sending you lots of love and hugs xoxox
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad passing, Trudi.  My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.  
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Big huge from me trudi. So sorry to heard about your dad. You take care.
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks everyone x
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Sending my Love Trudi xxoo so sorry for your loss.
Rezee
1964 posts
Trudi,  I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you a big hug but instead I'm sending lots of virtual hugs through the screen xxx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!