Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Brrrrr Winter Has Arrived!

29 posts, 10 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Good morning ladies! I hope you are all keeping warm! Currently -1 here and a huge frost. How is it where you guys are? Yesterday it was -4 when I was driving to work. How do you like to stay warm on these extra cold days? :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
woke up to 4 degrees, which is very cold for where I live!  The homes up here just aren't built for the cold in the same way they are further south.

Overstayed in my warm bed, threw myself through a shower and into a warm snuggly hoody and jeans.  Hair in a bun bc I'm too Friday to dry it but it's too cold to leave it down and wet lol.

I might have to sneak away for lunch mushrooms, they're my usual cold weather go to 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I made the mistake of turning my electric blanket on! Lol but I have to get up. I hate washing my hair in winter, definitely a messy bun for me today. I'm looking for one of those neck warmer things lol is it called a snood? That's where I feel the cold! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah a snood!  I got mine in Japan so I'm no help lol.

I actually got a messy bun beanie from the NZ Made Facebook pages (this is AWESOME) and i love it so much 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Its lovely and cold. I wouldn't mind so much if i didnt have the youngling to keep warm but as its sunny i havent lit the fire and shes rugged up so meh

Dunno the temp but the snow is down quite low on the mountain :-D
MareeB
5241 posts
The ground was completely white here. I stayed over at work and got home at 9am. And then went to bed! It's warmed up a tiny bit now ...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It's an absolutely gorgeous day here now! Blue sky not a cloud in sight! Off for a walk :-)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I was actually thinking it wasn't as cold today as it was yesterday then saw a news article saying today's the coldest day of the year for Auckland.
Kimrose
1416 posts
I had the day off today and went shopping. Had a lovely time. It was chilly but I dressed well. I bought a warm jumper as we are going to the south island in a few weeks so need to have some warm clothes
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We have my partners daughter coming today for the holidays so hoping the rain stays away, the forecast looks horrible for the next 5 days. It's not too bad today, sitting at 0 right now. Unfortunately it's hair wash day ugh.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Winter is well and truly here. That chill cold wind though, honestly.  All about the hot showers, warm pjs, blankets, hearty food and bed. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Totally set for winter now with lots of new warm clothes! The best purchase being a polar fleece neck warmer! omg I love it as my neck always gets so cold and it doesn't have any bits dangling down lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
It feels like winter tonight! I shouldve lot the damn fire bbrbrrrrrr
MareeB
5241 posts
Amen. Its been freezing all day. Glad to be home watching Couples Come Dine with Me, and waiting for the Harry and Meghan doco. God knows why.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Did a half day at work and got home just in time for the thunder, lightning and down pour. Very winteresque, accompanied by an afternoon nap on the couch. Bliss!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It was 3 degrees when I headed to work at 7.30am. I cranked the heater, but it turned into a glorious day!
siouxsannah
261 posts
It was freezing here in Wellington today. It bucketed down with rain all day, and gale-force winds. It didn't break double-digits, and Met Service said it felt like it was much colder. Sigh. And it rained nearly all last week too! I'm starting to think that spring is never going to arrive!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Although cold we have had gorgeous weather finally yay.  Got 2 days off work so going to get some jobs done around the house.
MareeB
5241 posts
I spent the day working in Timaru and it was nice there. It was warmish here too so I did a lot of work outside until it started to get dark. Great to be outside.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It was 25 here today! I mowed the lawns and man did I get a sweat going lol. Another cracker of a day tomorrow and no work so going to visit a friend and go swimming as she has a glorious river right on her land.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh that sounds fantastic Lisa - especially the day off part!
tabucutie
1811 posts
A river sounds lovely! 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I must admit 3 days ago we bought fire wood and lit the fire! It was pretty chilly down here too. Today on the other hand is an amazing day and I'm stuck inside packing!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I just started wearing jandals this week! Really need some new summer clothing especially singlets and some nice denim shorts. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Lisa, I'm also in the need of some new denim shorts too. But I struggle finding ones that are well humble and have a bit of length to them lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Haha Amy I know right! If I find something decent I will let you know! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
buy some jeans and cut them to length? id suggest sewing them to stop the fraying but not everyone has a sewing maching just laying about lmao

thats why i liked the look of shiens ones but the reviews are noooot that great
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I wish I had a sewing machine cause I do like to tinker with things! 
Shein has some really bad reviews for sure!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes! Cut up some old jeans you like the fit of. That's how jeans shorts always used to be made - "cut offs"! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!