Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

BR/NOT BR Related, Things That You Find Satisfying

27 posts, 13 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hit pan on an eyeshadow this morning super rare as I hardly ever use one shade enough to do so. Also finished my first foundation today and a liquid lipstick this week. So satisfying knowing that I'm getting my money's worth and product isn't being wasted.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I always feel sad when I finish something I like and satisfied when it's something I'm ambivalent about.
MareeB
5241 posts
I don't finish many things. Usually cosmetics end up in the bin due to old age. I finish conditioners but not shampoos so they end up as hand wash.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I love finishing bathroom staples more so as I look forward to opening new products. I also finish pens lol @lilmonmon 

@maree: true but atleast you are repurposing the shampoo you dont use. That actually hadn't occurred to me, I usually just pass ones I dont use on to family. 
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I thought I got to the end of my The Ordinary cleanser yesterday, thought I'd cut the tube in half and see what I could scoop out before starting the new one. There's was heaps left, probably enough for a couple of weeks! Less wastage means I saved money, but I think of all the products I've unwittingly thrown out because I couldn't squeeze anymore out- I wonder how much unused product I've wasted?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tattooprincess my grandad taught me to always cut the tubes in half when I was a kid so I've always done it lol. I can vividly remember him saying "look how much is left inside!"  
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Ooo good thought, I'm getting near the end of the ordinary squalane cleanser so I'll give it the Chop too!
i really like that cleanser but even though I got the super size one I go through it really quick so may get something diff next time
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I use the Supersized products where I can too! The cleanser doesn't seem near as cheap as the other products in the range though. I keep one in the shower for the morning. and the other in the bathroom cupboard for nighttime cleansing. That way it feels like I don't use a tube up too quickly. I use eye-makeup remover and a makeup eraser when I'm removing makeup, so I don't feel the need to use too much cleanser.

i won a Murad cleansing cream last month, but I haven't used it yet. I've used Murad before, many years ago, but had kind of gotten into a routine with The Ordinary so I'm unsure if I will use it or not
Kimrose
1416 posts
It is super satisfying when you use up a product. I love it for 2 reasons. I have got my moneys worth and I can start another product. Win win. 
I have started cutting opopen tunes and its like finding a wee bonus at the end. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ticking things I really want to do off a list. Did that today with finally making it out to Piha Beach! 

also....

- perfectly cooked food
- opening new products, esp pressed powders, and having them look all shiny and perfect 
- 5 pm Friday. Almost never fails to give me a 'you're on a break and you deserve one' feeling
- booking a holiday
- the feeling when you have finished cleaning up the kitchen at the end of the day. Don't like the cleaning, love the satisfaction when  it's clean

tabucutie
1811 posts
So right with booking holiday and a clean household! I'm gonna add clean bedding/newly made bed, hot showers in winter and seeing  the gas tank full.
AboutFace
412 posts
It's surprising how much product is still in a tube once you cut it.
If I have a shampoo or bodywash that I don't like I use it to clean the shower.
When your kids have finally tidied their rooms that's satisfying for me lol.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Please don't let the Murad go to waste Tattooprincess! I'd suggest swapping it out with your night time cleanser and see how it goes. If you're just introducing one new product then you'll soon know of it suits your skin or not. 
MissDilly
229 posts
I love Murad - it would win hands down over The Ordinary for me - it's just the price point that hurts - but it works, so it's a tough one.   Their Retinol Youth Serum is amazing - like a holygrail retinol product for me. I'm about to buy it again as soon as there's a bonus product/gift promo through their website or Caci. I'm sure you'll love the cleanser
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg yes clean sheet day! Lol I always look forward to going to bed then.

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap I do all of those too or just pass things on to people who will like them. 
AboutFace
412 posts
@lilmonmon never thought to use moisturizer on my feet that I didn't like, normally I'd throw it out. Conditioner for shaving I prefer than soap etc, I reckon you get a smoother finish.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Great repurposing ideas. Couldn't stand a face lotion I had so used it as body lotion. Also a face oil I didn't like used it as a hair oil. That didn't work so well, probably would have been better as a body oil.
Kat555
143 posts
Some of these I hadn't thought of. Shaving cream from conditioner is such a great idea. I have some foot cream for cracked feet which is amazing but it's also incredible on my seriously dry hands. It's the best!
shazatron101
5112 posts
If i hate a moisturizer i use it in the shower haha not the purpose of this post but i felt like adding my 2cents lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
How do you use it in the shower, Shaz? Like a body conditioner? 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah i just slap it on, give it a bit of a rinse and done haha im using lush yog nog body cream in the shower atm cos it smells like gross playdough >:(
tabucutie
1811 posts
Taking off press on nails and being able to type properly again
tabucutie
1811 posts
@lilmonmon: such a good tip about using body moisturiser for foot cream. I bought a 400ml that I don't like scent of but trying to use up. This tip will help a lot! Thanks :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Repurposing products is a great way to prevent waste. I recently tried the broken bronzing powder in moisturiser hack and it worked well. Satisfying!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Doing my empties pics at the end of the month. Satisfying seeing in bulk what's been used up.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Wrapping all the Xmas presents and seeing the finished pile. Getting better at wrapping too. Still got a ways to go before they look like mums perfectly wrapped ones.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!