Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

BR trials that have pushed you into an area you hadn't ventured into before...

43 posts, 15 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I bet we all have them!  Trial products that you had to learn how to use and push yourself with.

The Maybelline Nudes was a bit like that for me as I'd never really done the nudes thing.

The Baby Foot trial was another one.  I spent the entire time going 'is this meant to happen?'.

I think it's cool when a trial gets you into something new!

MareeB
5244 posts
I've had two trials since I started. One was Za foaming cleanser and it certainly made me want to try more of their products!
DianaN
143 posts
I'm the same as you. I've previously never worn eyeshadow except when going to special events but after receiving Maybelline's the nudes palette to trial, I've begun dabbling in eyeshadow and am absolutely loving it! I really enjoy being able to create new looks and can't believe I didn't start experimenting with eyeshadow sooner. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Diana I use eyeshadow all the time but only ever brights or grey/black shades, so this was a whole new ball game!
chloednz
217 posts
I havent been lucky enough to trial anything yet, have had a couple of invites but didnt see them in time. I imagine they would be great for that however to get you out of your comfort zone!
MareeB
5244 posts
I hope you get on a trial soon Chloe, it's so exciting when it happens :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
can't be far away from one chloe!  There's kinda no set pattern so you just have to remember what you put your hand up for, and keep an eye on FB for what's going up for trial each weeknight, then be online at the right time (evening usually from what i've seen)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
This one is hard. Cause we have such a short time before we submit our review, and there are so many uses I want to try them all. I've been so sick the last few days, I've only been able to put it on my eyes then wash it right off.

When I first joined BR I was sent a lip and cheek duo thing. It was yucky in my opinion. I stuck with it for trial purposes.

Other trials have been shampoo hair care set and a bb cream. The bb I was highly allergic and asked BR for a extention after showing them a photo. They were kind enough to swap me off it for a living nature lip one. I was so grateful.
trudijoy
8375 posts
FW wow, your skin is super reactive eh? :(  Glad to hear BR hooked you up (but not surprised; they're good like that :) )
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yeah seems to be if fragrance is a ingredient, that flares it up. The bb I was sent was for sensitive skin. I emailed the company and they were useless.

Oh they so are ")
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Oh I hope you feel better soon Farmers-wife x

Mine would be the Maybelline nude palettes as well. Eyeshadow is normally something I reserve for special occasions (but not anymore !:-)) This trial has been fun -it's so great experimenting with different looks and I love that you can create subtle looks that are perfect for daytime wear too. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah I used to be friends with a girl who had extremely sensitive skin that reacted badly to the usual sensitive skin ingredients like aloe, chamomile etc.  She had to patch test everything and if the reaction was minor test again because some things only reacted the first time but some went nuts.  Was so awful for her but she was a trooper
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha lil super goss session here on the forums :p

yeah i was pleasantly surprised to see i could go lighter or more dramatic with the nudes.  I think I'll be reaching for it a lot
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Thanks KellyLeanne I actually asked for the coffin to be prepared! I'd dodged sickness this winter until this.

Oh trudi the poor thing! I see it that I know what I can use to fix any reactions to. I don't work in the public eye so I'm happy(ish) being a human tester to see if claims are true. There was a thread a few days ago about eczema and keri sumed it up perfectly. When I react I let the company know so they can be aware. Some big companies can be pig headed and don't care, then there are other ones who go out of their way to help you find what you're possibly allergic to which is so helpful.
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh I feel so lucky not to be sensitive to things - it's really a blessing when I read the hassle other poor people have with allergies.

I'm sending healing vibes to you Farmers-wife xx
First Lady
957 posts
Haha sorry it's a warped speed trial for the Supers - but don't forget you can always add to, or amend your reviews!

Oh and...bahaha, we've already lined up your next challenge.

Cos I know you love a cheeky hint before bed ;)

xox
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nat that might keep me awake now!

You made us covergirls!! Me and FW and Kellyleanne and some other ladies.  Hehe so exciting to see my picture up there esp when I was super jetlagged in that pic but the makeup worked lol!
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Aw there's some horrid winter bugs going around.. our household caught a few and its not fun. Hope you can relax, keep warm and get over the bug quickly x

First Lady
957 posts
I LOVE seeing photos from trials.  I can't say it enough.  SEND US PHOTOS. 

I wish everyone would take photos, even if it's a selfie with the product, it makes me (and the crew) happy! 

In fact I just love seeing photos of everyone, it's so nice having a place where real ladies are the gorgeous superstars! 

Nat's Photowall pic of the week - Kirstyj's clown contouring - legend! 

xox     
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's be cool if we could link between the phototwall and the reviews to show what goes with what Nat!

My kids laughed at me in Japan for taking selfies and I'm like shush, children.  You have no idea :p
First Lady
957 posts
Remember keep a note of ideas for the next survey - our Beauty Boffin's would be so sad if we didn't hand them a tweak list every so often (well....)

We've been batting around a few ideas to take the Photowall to the next level!

xox
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha sweet! and yup, kirstys contouring is epic
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Sure do love the cheeky hint! Very exciting, you sure keep us on our toes :-) xx

Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
That has me thinking of our butt cheeks! Are they safe?? Please let them be safe!
First Lady
957 posts
Hahahahaha Ongelique, no bottoms will be used as guinea pigs in this trial!

xox
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Phew! Now I think that's the first time you have called me buy my full name lol hope I'm not in trouble using a minion word.... :D
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha no bottoms harmed in trials is good....
kirstyj
1732 posts
Thanks Nat and Trudijoy :) it was a bit of fun. I hope some more people give it a go.  And Ong I'm sure Farmer-Hubby won't mind helping you apply a bottom product *winkyface* :P
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Kirsty I laughed so hard I woke him up! Reverses into the wall. Off goes the beep beep noises of a truck reversing
kirstyj
1732 posts
Glad to put a smile on your face when you are feeling so sick Ong :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
It was perfect thanks luv :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Mine would be the ZA set of cleanser, toner and moisturiser. Then I brought the collagen night cream product. From there i got on to research and on to natural and organic and now I'm a bit obsessive about skincare. Wouldn't have believed it if someone had predicted it beforehand though :)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Mine would of been the Moisture Mist Eyebrow shading pencil. I never touched my eyebrows when it came to doing my make up. i regulary get the waxed or threaded (which reminds me i need to make an appt) but ive never shaded in my eyebrows so this was a first for me.
WOW! haha what a difference it made the first time I used it. I was a little unsure of the rules behind how dark is too dark on your eyebrows and how to fill them in correctly so my first attempt they were rather light but darker than usual. I watched a few videos after and got experimenting, now?! I won't do my makeup and not shade/fill in my eyebrows.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't really had a trial thats really made me venture out yet.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I don't think any of the BR trials I have had has purshed me into an area I haven't ventured into as I have always been pretty open minded to different elements of beauty.  It's been a long time since I have had a trial. 
Lutece
1849 posts
You are doing some awesome makeup looks with the Nudes palette Trudi! I know what you mean, there was a Seascrub I had been trialled to do and it was something I was new too, now scrubs are a regular thing :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Aww thanks Lutece. I'm just kinda playing with it...never have any real idea what i'm actually doing haha
MrsO
196 posts
I've only had two trials since joining , the Pantene shampoo/conditioner and the Nivea stress protect deodorant, and missed out on 3 or 4. They certainly didn't push me into new areas.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Seeing what people have trialled has inspired me to try and remember everything BR have sent me to trial and review (excluding vault and BRBB of course :) )

- Nivea deodorant spray
- Garnier BB cream
- Baby Foot
- Crazy Rumours lip balm
- VS Sasson hairdryer
- Moisture Mist Beauty Cake
- Maybelline Nudes Palette

Suddenly feeling very lucky, reading that!  Thanks, BR x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Wow, I'm feeling really lucky as I have only really been active on the site in the last three or four months. So far I have trialled:

L'oreal Shades of Grey nailpolish
L'oreal Revitalift day cream (yay for having 'mature skin')
Save or Splurge: Clarins cleansing oil and Za cleansing oil

So I am also feeling very spoilt! I've managed to respond to all the trial invites I've received so far. Thanks so much, BR!
First Lady
957 posts
It definitely pays to be fast when responding to invites! 

We try to mix it up, some times we'll say the minute invites have gone out, some days we'll give you a time and say no more, some days we'll just send them out.  Same with times, we mix up the times of invites, I've sent invites out at 11pm before and 6am.   

We try to keep it fair, around half our members are not on Facebook / social media, and even those that do follow us, generally don't see every post (grrrr FB reach).  So mixing it up is the best we can come up with! 

We can never guess either which products will cause invites to be snapped up in seconds, and which will sit around for a while, but it can take upwards of an hour to sort out suitable candidates to invite, so time wise it's just not efficient for us to dive back in and do it again, hence we always over invite. 

With the Vault and the brbb (don't ask me questions, I know nothing) we like to think of trials as icing on the cake.  xox
Macs
5351 posts
So far I've trialled:

Thurday Plantation Macadamia Body Oil
Scholl Pedi device
School Foot Serum
Loreal Brow Artist Plumper

trudijoy
8375 posts
Let's be honest, Nat, it's a pretty heavily iced cake when you add up all the sweet benefits haha.

Yeah some of the trials I got disappeared in a few minutes (The drier, especially!)

It makes sense to oversubscribe but I imagine it's heartbreaking to get the offer and miss out... It hasn't happened to me yet, and hopefully won't (fingers and toes all x'd!)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!