Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

27 posts, 12 members
pink_kumera
68 posts
So monthly mystery boxes seem to be quite a big thing at the moment and it seems there are a whole lot I have never heard of! So my questions are, what kind of boxes can you get? Are there any awesome must have boxes? And do any foreign ones ship directly to NZ for a reasonable price?  TIA!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey sweets, I've basically tried them all lol.  Well not the ones like Wantable, Ipsy and Birchbox as they don't ship to NZ.  

I stuck with GoodieBox since they launched but since I've started getting Memebox, I've been really spoilt, so now as sad as it is, I find that GoodieBox and I had to part ways.  I'd always like to go back them as they are amazing, but I just found the products weren't as good as they used to be and some were doubleups etc.  

Her Fashion Box sends to NZ but for the price and the hassle, I find I just get grumpy with them and to be honest can't be bothered having to keep chasing up every month to find out where my box is.  

The same is for Lust Have It too (these are both Australian subscription boxes).  

Violet Box has just launched and apart from a couple of issues, they have been pretty okay, I'm going to give them another couple of months before deciding to stay with them.  

Lip Factory Inc are either Australian or American, I can't remember sorry, but I'm not a huge fan of loads of lip products, so I unsubscribed.

And last but definitely not least, is Memebox.  These are amazing boxes, so cheap, excellent value, I haven't had a box I didn't like and I've bought alot of boxes from them.  You register with them, but its not like a monthly subscription box where you pay a certain amount and then they ship the box to you.  This one, you choose the boxes you want, when you want and they have shipping dates on them and get sent pretty much when they say they are going to, maybe give or take a couple of days at the most.  They are very approachable and I just love them.  I can't recommend them enough.

Sorry for the long essay style answer, but I wanted to give you a bit of insight into each box I susbcribed too.  :-)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I unsubscribed to Goodiebox as the last two boxes I received had pretty Crap products that I could either buy at the supermarket or buy at farmers. I would go back to them if they started delivering good products again. I did find that when you complained to them about something that they avoided emails as I was missing something a few months ago and they promised to send a replacement and I never got it. I am with violetbox and the first box for me I wouldn't use all the products due to already having alot of mascaras ans t be foundation was in the wrong color. But the second box I have used everything in it so far so was hugely satisfied with it. I am cancelling my lust have it as it is taking too long to get to me.
Chaotic82
522 posts
Lust Have it had a $5 for your first box deal, so I thought I would try it...now I'm wondering if it was a good idea :(
chikoboo
3402 posts
I've actually set myself a mini challenge on my blog to trial and find every box your can get to NZ, been in talks with a few like wantable (gawd that looks amazing but they said they might do soon as they already send to Aussie, so fingers crossed) I used to get Goodiebox but stopped but for the sake of my project I've ordered one for this month then I'm cancelling, they are going to get a bad review even before I get the box though as they mischarged me.  So currently I have:

Goodiebox (for this month only) goodiebox 
Violetbox - which I like actually so far violetbox 
Memebox - hands down my favourite memebox (ships internationally from Korea) 
Vegancuts - Beauty and Snack boxes  vegancuts  (ship internationally from the states)

Then next month I have others that I am going to add and drop off memebox and Goodiebox as I honestly still have 7 memeboxes incoming over the next few weeks that I ordered in May =)

I recently won a birchbox and have used youpost, but that is way to expensive to do for a regular subscription worked out to be (if I was paying for the box) around $40 and would take 1-2 weeks to be delivered, so I don't think I'd bother with that method for the time being.

Chaotic82
522 posts
Ooo I'll look forward to reading all those!

Goodiebox have put their prices up, did they still overcharge?
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I think they charged everyone $29 + $4.50 this month and only gave people a few days notice
Hollie
320 posts
My Violet Box arrived today and I'm really happy with it, lot's of good products this month.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Is that this months one? And if so I hope I get mine today lol
Hollie
320 posts
Sure is :)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Yay no spoilers please
Hollie
320 posts
Fear not, I shall be giving no spoilers away! Hence I was careful to leave out the details of all the products I'm happy with :)
bronjenks
253 posts
Wow! I have never ordered any kind of goodiebox but just went to memebox for a nosy and flip there is a lot of different boxes on there... incredibly overwhelming for someone that is new to this box business, lol.  Chikaboo, what a great idea but I think you gonna be a while on that particular set of boxes, lol.  Will follow this thread with interest :-) 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Oh yay hopefully mine comes before I go to the hairdresser
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Have just subscribed for one month of gembox in vintage glam to see what the jewelry be like
katypatatie
142 posts
Such a great box from Violet Box this month. Even my kitty loved the way it was packed!
kayxcake
422 posts
Lip Factory Inc looks nice!
Kellie
570 posts
Funny ABeautifulBerry!  My nearly two year old loved the way it was packed too.  I was actually able to get her in and out of the car seat without a tantrum, she was that happily distracted by it :)  

It was a very good box - but I decided to unsubscribe as I have toooooo much product at the moment.  It's seriously spilling out into all areas of my house - whoops!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I know how you feel Kellie, my mission for the weekend is to go through my sample drawer and mask drawer (yep I have a dedicated drawer full of each!!) to create some lucky dip surprise sample bags up for RAOK of the unopened, unused stuff, then I'll have room for more mwahahahaha!!!!
pink_kumera
68 posts
Thank lovelies! I'm guna check them all our now! Very exciting! haha.

@Chaotic82 do you know if they are still doing that $5 deal, is there a code or anything to get that price? :)

@Chickaboo sounds like I'll have to keep an eye on your blog! =D
Rezee
1964 posts
I loved my first memebox that I got the other day. I've done the lust have it one a couple of times, it's alright. Not the best ever but quite cheap. It just takes forever to arrive. I just saw some photos of what came in the violet box and wasn't supr impressed. Goodiebox used to be great but I didn't like my last box from a few months ago. Maybe with the price increase it will get better but it is on the expensive side.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I also had a sneak peak and it does look interesting I wonder if everyone got the same things
Hollie
320 posts
Judging by the blog posts on it, it looks like everyone got the same thing. I had to go fish one of the smaller products out of the recycle bin, after reading the blogs and realisign I had accidentally thrown the box in the recycle bin with said product still in it, lost under all the purple paper lol. And i was really happy with the box before even realising that last awesome product was in there, so pretty happy.
pink_kumera
68 posts
I have been finding new boxes left right and center since this post haha. So far I've committed to Lust Have it - atleast for the first box because it was only $5! And I'm seriously considering lipmonthly, they have the same promo $5 usd for your first box but an extra $6 shipping but that's still pretty good! If anyone else is interested in lipmonthly the code is SUMMERLIPS and here's a link to the site :)  http://mbsy.co/7bP3v?s=e
sarahvalerie
5 posts
Thanks guys! Reading through all of your comments I decided to go with the majority and order a memebox as I quite like the idea that you don't need to subscribe to a box every month. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my memebox!! Yay!!
pink_kumera
68 posts
Lip Monthly is also a month by month one, so no commitment needed :) the unboxing on their website looks awesome! Hope I get some good ones too, cant wait! Couldn't resist at only $12nzd delivered! 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I just received the vintage glam gem box and would use every jewellery item in it

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!