Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Body Shop Advent Calendar

31 posts, 22 members
sophie4cats
139 posts
Hey ladies!!

Have just seen on their FB page that the Body Shop is bringing their advent calendar to NZ. Exciting buuuuuuut, its $259!!
Seems a huge amount for sample sized products, especially in comparism to the UK price :/
What do you ladies think?? 
Also does anyone know any other companies that do a similiar idea? (:
Mila
1209 posts
Hi there :) - there was a thread on this not so long ago if you want to check it out :)
PeterPan
76 posts
They're not all sample sized - some are full sized, but I agree that for most people that is way too expensive and out of reach. I love the idea but wouln't want to spend more than probably around $100 but I don't know of any other quality brands that do this.
Susilia
484 posts
The definition of overpriced... And the way they were answering people on facebook was really rude, in my opinion.
sophie4cats
139 posts
Oh ok full sized makes it a bit more reasonable. Unfortunately it's still out of my price range :( and I agree about their handling on FB. I don't wanna pick on the company too much, cause I know price is a delicate topic to comment on, but they didn't give away too much
Lisap
33 posts
Benefit did one last year, it was around $140 i think, but it sold out so quickly!
Kia
550 posts
I know it's exciting, but you could probably make one yourself for way less!
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I think I probably will just get a limited edition gift set from them instead
Lisap
33 posts
Benefits one will be released on the 16th October at Smith and Caugheys Benefit counters! Looks amazing, saw in on a UK site.
Chaotic82
522 posts
I think that's what I will be doing too accidentprone_x at least then you know exactly what you are getting and what it's worth.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I have actually never purchased anything from the body shop yet. I have a few items from there though that a mate gave me as it didn't agree with her skin but haven't used it yet as I using up different skincare options.
sophie4cats
139 posts
Personally making one doesnt do it for me! I like the excitement of not knowing til I open it. Maybe I'll get a meme box or two, then only take one item out of the box each day haha.
Oooh benefit one would be good! Might look into that (:
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Eek, I would much rather pick the exact products that I wanted if I was spending that much.. or even send someone else in for me if I wanted the suprise element. I would love to see more brands coming out with advent calendars and mystery boxes in the future, but perhaps within the $50-$150 price range. xx
MicheleC
419 posts
$259 is a lot of money. If you don't want/need/like a number of the items then it wouldn't be good value at all. These are a fabulous idea but hellishly expensive.
Wow that is pretty expensive for an advent calender. I would probably look twice if it was around $50 and just had minis in it??
Sylvia
149 posts
I love the idea, but that is so much money! I really wouldn't be able to justify it, even if I did have that much money spare (I wish I did haha). I agree with chelseaadelaide, something in the $50-$100ish range would be much more realistic pricing.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I would never spend that much on an advent calendar. Ridiculous. If it was ~$100 then maybe. But not for almost $300.
sophie4cats
139 posts
Yeah I totally agree with you ladies!! Under $100 and full of sample/mini size I would be totally happy with!

And that cuts out the element of getting something full sized you dont like.
This could bea  great business venture for a creative and connected person (:
tabykitten
186 posts
Wow, I was tempted till I saw the price! I also love the idea, we don't do xmas gifts here and I love surprises and gifts... maybe I'll do like @sophie4cats and get me some Meme boxes for December :)
mrskatebaillie
10 posts
How cool would a Pic n Mix one at a Department Store like Farmers be ....I would so make my own if that was an option with minis from all of their counters!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I was looking at the lush site today. Droooooling!
You could get a couple of your friends. Put your money together, do a order of your favourites. Decant or slice up soaps, then you all get to try each other's favourites?
MissQT
1547 posts
Woweee $259 is mega expensive! I do love the body shop but I ain't got that kind of money and do think its a bit overpriced.
chikoboo
3402 posts
An idea if your after the Body Shop advent calendar but don't want to buy it at such a rip off price is to buy it from the UK store and use youshop UK it works out to be about $100 cheaper, I know we should support our local companies and stores but seriously compared to the UK price its almost a 100% mark up.  Also check out Boots they normally do a No7 advent calendar I've had one before and it was only 30 pounds which is about $65 not seen it yet but off to have a browse now =)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Looks like Boots No7 will do another this year but at the end of October for 35 pounds - woohoo might be getting myself this one, well if I make enough noise maybe my mum will and send it to me lol.

If anyone wants to see the full range of beauty advents this year have a look here 
Chaotic82
522 posts
Thanks for that link chikoboo :)

I would be keen for the Body Shop one if it wasn't so expensive.  Love the look of the Ciate and Benefit ones.
g1ggles2
358 posts
I believe the Boots one is pretty epic!
Although I am feeling like a very lucky girl now that hubby has let it slip I am getting the Selfridges one.

He couldnt contain himself when he ordered it last week & apparently its already on its way here.
No idea how im going to handle not opening ut until december!!!
sounds pretty overrated to me, I certainly won't be getting one
shreddy
1 posts
@chikoboo that benefit advent calendar is to die for.. Great ideas for Christmas!! 
sophie4cats
139 posts
Oooh @chickaboo great link!! y heart loves you but my wallet not so much haha!And thats such a good idea @mrskateballie!! I think samples are the way to do in terms of product marketing
kirstysays
762 posts
Oh no...more cute calanders...wish there were more of these readily available in NZ
MissQT
1547 posts
Thanks for the link Chickoboo, there are so many amazing beauty advent calendars that I want but sadly can't afford :(

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!