Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Bit of a random hack

32 posts, 10 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I read this somewhere and decided to give it a go coz I had a big blind pimple coming up after being so sick last week and not doing proper face care or nutrition. 

I love spot dots/pimple patches but at 12/$9 they get expensive if you're needing them often. 

the hydrogel plasters (I have the band aid ones) for blisters etc are apparently the same stuff. And they're cheaper, like $7 for ten but each one can be cut into pieces the right size for your pimple situation. 

worked for me! They also seem to adhere better if you're dumb like me and lotion up your face before sticking things to it. 

not an expert, this isn't gospel truth, but works for me! 
Kat555
143 posts
Oh nice! I've never tried any patches for pimples but that's a cool hack if it works. Might need to grab some for the first aid kit for zit emergencies!
KnotJustAScarf
43 posts
Yes, I've done this before! I love being able to cut them to the right size and the improved adhesiveness.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh i think ill try this! I get big angry ones with no heads and man theyre annoying lol 

Are they these ones?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yep those be them shaz - apparently bc they're designed to pull the yuckies out of wounds and hasten healing it's basically the same  technology as the spot dots
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
omg blind pimples are the worst! I have not had one in a long time......hmmmm now I will probably wake up with a whopper tomorrow lol! These would be good to have on hand :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wish i had some today, i have orions belt coming up on my jaw >:( tea tree oil it is lmao
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Orions belt lmao! I also like to put a bit of a clay mask on any whoppers, that really helps too :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I actually dont think i have any clay masks! I should get a powder one but i never use them!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
The aztec clay is my holy grail! The tub has lasted me such a long time! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
clay breaks me out so bad, trust me to react to it like that lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dont think ive ever even tried that! Hahaha im so behind wheres my rock
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
If I can get your address I can send you some to try Shaz! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Get an instagram! Peer pressure lmao you can make it private, but we can find each other (imaging our phones running on the beach towards each other,  why, idk, too much sugar probably) and you can delete it after, or keep it and stalk some of us hahahahaha. Or ill email br and tell them they have my blessing to pass on my deets to you hahaha
MareeB
5241 posts
I use clay masks occasionally. They clean my skin but probably aren't much different to my skin than any other mask. I have dry/sensitive skin which may not be the target skin type for clay.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Instagram is great, easily the social media I use most 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha yep same here trudi. Well, now its the reddit app but im not sure if that counts as social media. But daayyuuumm the stories on there are w i l d

Makes my problems seem insignificant hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol yeah I love me a read through some internet muppetry 
MareeB
5241 posts
I follow you on Instagram Shaz. You and Sophie Steevens are my favs x
shazatron101
5112 posts
You do maree!? How do i not know this?! 

Lol trudi this isnt even muppetry.. this is next next next level lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahahaha our phones running towards each other on the beach!!! 
I always thought it would be a cool feature on here to be able to message other members, but I guess there are always people that misuse things like that.

shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah i imagine it (and probably some users) would be abused. I think that (among other reasons) was a reason for them not doing it lol 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Damn this thread! I haven't had a spot for months and now ones erupted that I need to stick a spot dot on! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah it's not so dangerous now but back when there were ppl who thought they could post whatever negative vile rubbish they wanted I could imagine the behind the scenes bullying would have gotten even worse. 

ivd been on boards before with private messaging and basically got stalked by a woman so not keen on that feature appearing unless you have the option to only get messages from trusted contacts.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh no soozie! Sorry if I summoned one somehow 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yea that sounds horrible Trudi! Lol oh dear Soozie!
SandieNZ
424 posts
What an awesome tip - I will definitely be adding a pack of those to my stash of hormone catastrophe supplies 
Macs
5351 posts
I dunno why I keep getting pimples . I thought I'd grown out of it by now. I'll give this a try.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have a giant volcano on my forehead lol thankfully it is cold so I can wear a hat to work. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I cant find these plasters anywhere hahaha and i dont wanna buy them online but i guess ill have to hahaha dang it

itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Yeah I haven't found spots and dots except online either which is really annoying.
trudijoy
8375 posts
also just found these ones, which are only a couple bucks more than you pay at Mecca, but for 3x as many - plus they have two different sizes. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!