Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

best shampoo for blonde hair

6 posts, 6 members
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I have been wanting to try shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair but one that I can use all the time. Am using the fudge violet toning shampoo but cannot use it all the time as it can stain your hair purple
There are a couple of things you can do,  I used to have white blonde hair and used a regular repair shampoo for my first shampoo,  then used a purple shampoo for my second toning shamp then repair condtioner.  That was the Loreal one which is very dark in colour.  If you have fine hair just use the purple shamp every second time you wash,  or if you are really wanting a new kind then best to buy one thats a bit softer in the toning than the fudge one that won't grab.  I reccomend Goldwell Duel senses for blondes.  It's a soft purple shamp that you can use every time you wash and it wont over tone.

Hope this helps!!
mkltsullivan
85 posts
I used to have white blonde hair and used bedhead urban anitdotes(I think thats what it was called,lime green tubes) shampoo and conditioner, used the nordic blonde toner every 2nd wash and the fudge violet toner once a week
Bronnie
78 posts
I use Redken Blonde Glam.  This is a shampoo & conditioner you can use all the time.  It keeps my hair a clean blonde and find I dont need to tone half as much as I did before.  Just use your toning shampoo weekly or when required.
Rhiannon135
74 posts
Rather than looking for a shampoo for blonde hair, have you tried using lemon juice? This can really bring out the highlights in your hair. It also increases shine.
Xienda
2 posts
I apologize for bump an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future. I've had good experiences with two purple toners - one by manic panic, I think it's called virgin snow, and one by Guhl, to get rid of those kinds of tones (my hair is lighter than yours though). They're very similar products; this is what the Guhl looks like over here, maybe you can get it in the UK, too - it's sold in run-of-the-mill drugstores over here, where the deep treatments are. They're more like a deep treatment than a conditioner if that makes sense - the effects last longer, you don't have to reapply every time you wash. That means you can also just apply them to the areas where you want the toner to go. The coloring stuff in them is the same as what is used in the purple/blue shampoos and conditioners, but there's a bit more of it, the color is a little stronger, and it lasts longer. For me, I only had to use them a few times, then the color just stuck. That often happens with highlighted hair, if it's just been damaged enough but not too much, there's some room in the hair's structure for those kinds of color molecules to get stuck. I hope that makes sense. In any case, I'd use something like that, because you can just put it where you need it and don't need to worry about it affecting your overall color like you do with shampoo and conditioner. I don't think that blue/purple shampoo/conditioner would do a lot to your overall color, it would probably show up at most in the sunshine as a subtle cast of some sort, but you know, just in case. When I used blue shampoos I did feel they made my whites look too gray over time (I try to pass off my whites as blond highlights - not sure that that works but I didn't like the gray cast the blue shampoo gave to them). But I don't know if you have grays. ETA: If you can't find those toners, you can also just mix some blue/purple deposit-only dye (manic panic, stargazer etc) with a lot of deep treatment - that does the same thing. Blue has a stronger effect than purple, so you need to use less of it/mix more deep treatment in or you end up with blue/green tones (which is way worse than a bit of brass - way, way worse). Maybe start with something like a 1:20 or 1:30 ratio? I've done it and it worked, but I don't remember the ratio I used. I do remember that you need to dilute the heck out of the pure rainbow deposit-only colors to use them this way, they have a lot of pigment.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!