Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best Beauty Buy

24 posts, 10 members
AboutFace
413 posts
Hello Ladies, I thought I would share my best beauty buy with you! Well I went to KMart and stumbled across a HEATED EYELASH CURLER and wow I'm impressed it really works. Apply mascara first let it dry then lift and curl those babies and hey presto beautiful lashes that stay in place all day and all for $3 yes that's right 3 dollars.
Helibabi
101 posts
Wow that is super cheap! 
I also just got some pedicure supplies from there super cheap - a foot file for $3 amazing! 
AboutFace
413 posts
I'll have to have a look. Gotta love that shop.
MareeB
5244 posts
That sounds an awesome buy AboutFace!
AboutFace
413 posts
Absolutely, I never leave that shop empty handed lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
While you’re at Kmart pick up some under eye masks. 2 sets for $3 and they’re good
tannygirl
3392 posts
    One of my cheaper beauty buys/discoveries that made a huge difference was those Swisspers cosmetic cotton buds that are pointed on one end and flat on the other. About 5 bucks for a 100. Amazing for correcting winged liner with micellar water every time I do my eye makeup I use a few. 
AboutFace
413 posts
Great tips, think the shopping list is growing :-)
Macs
5351 posts
Once I get my individual lashes removed i’ll buy one. Always wanted to try one.
MissDilly
229 posts
I'm due a trip to Kmart this week - must grab one. I've been using Lilash and now have really long lashes so a heated lash curler would be perfect.... I still love the Kmart hair towels - they're $3 too - I have a couple
AboutFace
413 posts
It works on fake lashes too. Lucky number 3 girls :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Love doing a Kmart haul. I did one a couple of months ago and managed to pick up some bargains. Got a couple of nail polishes, a lipstick, some soaps, beauty blender and beauty blender cover and some other bits and bobs. I always feel like I get my moneys worth when I go here. I never leave a visit without buying something. Though that's probably not a good thing.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Kmart has really upped their game in the last couple of years, good on them and lucky us.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Agreed, Kim! Plus with the emergence of cheaper brands like essence and wet & wild in farmers it’s really cheap to try something out before committing to a more expensive one if that’s your jam.

Sometimes the cheap ones are better!
AboutFace
413 posts
Absolutely agree. I love Wet'n'wild too.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I have only tried a couple of the Essence and Wet N Wild products but would like to try more of them. Where do you get Essence products from?
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Another fantastic buy was when I bought some snag free hair ties for a couple bucks at the $2 store. I previously was using these elastics that would thin out the ends of my hair and every month I neeeded to cut off a few inches. I've had the hair ties for well over a year and a half and they're still good and my hair is at it's longest.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i get mine in Farmers (Essence) tabucutie but not all Farmers stores stock it yet. :)
AboutFace
413 posts
Tabucutie the Wet'n'Wild brushes are great value and worth trying, some of their lipsticks are nice and I like their powdered highlighter. Also they have got a new luminating primer and it gives my make up a healthy looking finish.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I should really check my local farmers I hope they have essence. I know local does stock the wet n wild. I will check those out too.
Sophia
203 posts
Henderson and Northwest Farmers have Essence Tabu 

trudijoy
8375 posts
I’veaso bought it at botany, manukau and Dunedin :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks Sophia!  Those are my locals, how did you know?
Kimrose
1419 posts
I love Essence products, cheap and cheerful

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!