Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best BB creams?

27 posts, 20 members
Jodielolevans
40 posts
Hi there! :) my current bb cream just ran out and i'm thinking i might try a new one instead of repurchasing! I have checked out reviews but a lot of people have mixed opinions :) So what is your favourite bb cream? I am quite pale too so i have to pick something that won't make me look orange!
kirstysays
762 posts
I really like the chi chi super bb cream! It gives great coverage and is super hydrating on the skin :)  The lightest shade isn't extremly pale though...but seems to work for me :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I absolutely LOVE Mac BB cream. It just looks like my skin but better. You can also build the coverage on it. I use medium so I'm not sure how pale the lighter colours are. If you can get to a Mac counter, ask for a sample. The one I got had enough goes in it to give me a good idea if I would like it. I've also had a sample of Oasis' BB cream and I like that almost as much. I would get that if I couldn't stretch as far as the Mac one as it's not cheap for a BB at $64. 
Manda129
419 posts
The Za BB Hydration cream is awesome, and great coverage too :)
chloednz
217 posts
Its hard finding a good fair shade in BB creams! My holy grail BB cream atm is probably more of a CC cream than BB cream= Lioele Dollish Veil Vita. Does an amazing job of evening out your skin-tone. Also revlon's photoready BB in fair is quite nice and doesnt oxidise dark on me like many others do.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
This is the one product I've struggled with! I've tried sooo many, Lioele, Garnier, MAC etc and none ever work with my crazy dry anti-everything skin. So I took the plunge and purchased the Napoleon one today as it was 30% off and looked like the most hydrating thing ever on my hand, it's quite sheer coverage, but that's what I'm after, for days I don't want to layer on the foundation. I shall be reporting on my findings in due course!
BeautyGirl
162 posts
My favourite bb cream is maybelline dream pure! i have combo skin and find it perfect. I have tried a couple of the garnier bb creams and didn't like them. I found them quite on the orange side so i myself wouldn't recommend those 
Koni
444 posts
I've convinced myself that I will never find a bb cream for me *sniffles* HOWEVER I did love Bobbi Brown's BB cream (unfortunately I'm one of the few that react to it - I have sensitive skin).

It felt wonderful on the skin, naturally flawless looking and looks like your own skin :-)
rmcleod91
16 posts
I'm yet to have success with any bb cream. I have basically given up on them all together at this point, if I want coverage I may as well wear foundation lol all or nothing
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'm thinking about getting a BB cream too. Though I'm still not entirely sure what the difference is between BB and CC.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't found a good BB cream yet.
Mila
1209 posts
~~I think theres been a few threads on this one before and i've probably harped on about the same one but I love the Oasis BB Cream - I am really fair and buy this in the monroe - no orange in sight :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
I think the problem is sometimes we ask the BB cream to do something that a CC cream or foundation is better to do, hence why so many people find it hard to find one that works for them.   In regards to BB creams the best I have ever used is Korean based ones as they really do have the formula and shade down correctly (if you are fair/light and medium anyway)

If you problem with BB creams is that they don't cover enough fully, then you might need a foundation, if your problem is that it isn't covering discolourations or redness then you need a CC cream (CC = Colour Corrector) that balances out the skin tone.  There is multiple articles and past threads on BB creams, CC creams and foundations with what suits what requirement.  Have a nosey around =) oh and also check out the reviews on BB creams already on the site
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Itsclearascrystal - the name! There really is no difference other than most CC creams provide more coverage than a BB cream, effectively making them a foundation lol. If you were to research it, there really is no difference, it's all marketing :)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I really love ZA BB Cream! It's a great western BB Cream, doesn't make you look orange and it's not expensive! Highly recommend it :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Oasis hands down for me.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Haha thanks Sarahbeautynz. I had a feeling that may be the case. And seeing a few of you mention oasis, I remembered I've had the munroe bb cream from there and if you can justify spending much that on a bb cream it's a really nice one. But after I finished mine I ended up just going back to my foundation because it worked just as well and was half the price (although it wasn't organic unfortunately).
Macs
5351 posts
Im looking for a BB cream that lasts all day without fading towards the afternoon.
ChristineHoll
152 posts
My problem with BB creams is that I have oily skin and they seem to make it worse, even with primer and powder. I thought I had found the answer with Max Factor CC cream and it did last a little longer (looked really nice too) but I still got all oily. I just wanted something for "normal" days rather than my Revlon Colourstay which takes a bit of elbow grease to remove!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have tried CC cream, but found it too pale. The only BB cream I've ever used is the Garnier oil free one - and depending on what primer I use, I put on powder before I use the BB cream. I really like the results it's giving me!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I love BB creams I haven't really had any that don't disagree with me or my skin
im happy with the way they sit and the cover I get. I'm thinkin my skin tone is average and on the dry side but no problems. Garnier. Oasis. Avon just to mention a few that I've used x
Jodielolevans
40 posts
I haven't tryed a cc cream! I will look into it! I have heard alot about the oasis bb creams and the za hydration one too! Haven't looked into the chi chi one before. I requested and picked up a sample today of the Body Shop all in one bb cream today to try! Gonna give it a go and see if i like it. It starts out white and apparently adjusts to your skin tone so i'm interested to see how that works! :)
Jodielolevans
40 posts
Does anyone know where you can buy the za hydration bb cream? I looked on the farmers website but can't find it :(
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got mine at Love My Makeup which trades online as the Makeup Clearance Company

It's available   here http://www.makeupclearance.co.nz/collections/za/products/zahydration12in1bbcreamspf43

(sorry the linking isn't working again.)
Jodielolevans
40 posts
Thanks Trudijoy! I just realised though that the za hydration bb cream only comes in one 'universal" shade :( That won't work for my pale skin...
chloednz
217 posts
http://www.hikosencara-nz.com/ (sorry the linky thing never works for me) have samples of a lot of their Korean BB creams/CC creams so you can try before you buy full size which is always nice!
_Nicole_
124 posts
I really love the garnier bb cream for oily skin! It's pretty much a perfect match to my skin and feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. 

Iv also got the max factor bb cream but I found that really hard to match to my skin toan 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!