Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Bed clock and routines

17 posts, 17 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
What's you normal body clock routine, I'm an early to bed, early to rise kind of person.  Always have been since small, growing up with both sets of grandparents owning farms in the UK you soon learn to get up and help out from very young.  It's normal for me to be up between 4-5am each morning and then climbing into bed between 9.30 - 11pm each night.  Luckly the partner is the same so we mesh well there.

Was just wondering what other's habits were =)
For me I go to bed whenever but I can always haul myself out of bed by 7.30. I've never missed anything important because I overslept. I will admit I go to sleep at 3am on occasion though I'll be a wreck for a couple hours after I wake up.

I always feel bad for non-morning people.They're the ones that I see snoring away in class!
Macs
5351 posts
I used to be an early rise 5.30 go for a run. Come home have breakfast. Prepare families lunches and then do a drop off but lately I've been sleeping in. I hear my alarm go off and wack snooze right up until 7:30. I just lay in bed cuddling my partner in denial of needing to get up lol Bed time has been 12pm or sometimes 2 or 3 am depending on whats on tv.
janini9
341 posts
I'm a night owl and love staying up late. Going to bed early feels like wowzing out. Getting up early is ok if it's for a reason, but being free of the alarm clock is what I would rather happen. I do however, hate sleeping in and wasting the day. Having an afternoon siesta is also much enjoyed every now and again - I think I would fit in well with Mexican, Italian or Spanish cultures.
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm an early bird. I never used to be but having kids kind of forced me to be one! I'm at my best in the mornings so if I want to get anything done then I need to do it before 12 or most likely I'll procrastinate and put it off.
Mila
1209 posts
It's changed a little nowadays, I was ask all always an early to bed like half nine to gym at half five before work. Now with a three week old i spend the night cluster feeding and whenever that end is when I go to bed usually half nine ten so I can wake up to feed in the night
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have insomnia so I sleep whenever I can manage it (have been known to go to work on zero sleep before when I've had to) but I can sleep in until about 10/11 if I know I'm free to do so.

My best body clock routine appears to be awake late morning and asleep early morning for mental state but for productivity I've learned to just do it regardless of sleep.  Thank goodness for coffee. . . .
kknz
82 posts
I'm a night owl, I'll stay up late and then regret that in the morning when I have to get up early for work. (Although it worked out well when I was doing night shift). Mornings and me just aren't good friends. 
MareeB
5239 posts
My thyroid dictates - either I don't sleep for days for I can sleep around the clock. Either way it sucks. If I didn't have to work I wouldn't mind....
shazatron101
5112 posts
I go to bed roughly around 1030 - earlier in winter though cos theres an electric blanket! (and there is NOTHING on tv) - and I wake anywhere between the buttcrack of dawn and 10. I have an alarm on my phone but I often ignore it haha
MissQT
1547 posts
 I'm the complete opposite yo you Chikoboo. If i didn't have to go to work in the morning I would sleep in till lunch time! So I'm more of a night owl, early mornings don't suit me.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I've worked all sorts of hours with shift work, that really messes up the body clock and I don't miss it now I'm on a normal shift. With the normal shift I suffer from first world problems, I don't want to share my seat on the bus so I try to be on the bus at 7am so up at 6ish and bed at midnight during the week and up at about 10 or 11 on weekends.
Jesse
745 posts
I'm a night owl, always have been. I've always had trouble sleeping and struggle to get to bed earlier than 11.30, even though for work most days I have to be up at 6 at the latest. I am NOT a morning person and pretty much rely on coffee to get me through til 8.30 or so which is normally my preffered wake-up time on my days off. That's on day shift though, I'm a shift worker so my body clock is even further all over the place.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I stay up late and I'm up early:)
i struggle sleeping so I try and stay in bed but sometimes just have a cuppa and play on my iPad x
Grrrrrrr with the sleep thing not happening 
butternutter
42 posts
It varies depending on the time of year, but at the moment I'm in bed between 8.30 and 9.30 and up for work at 4am. Every day until probably January. Although now I've got to the bottom of my fatigue issues 10pm isn't too much of a stretch.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I'm the same as Fi, late to bed early rise! Apparently in my old age I don't need 8hrs of sleep. I absolutely love getting up early (5am) because I'm so productive with my mornings - the same can't be said about my nights ha.
-Bex-
611 posts
I'm usually in bed by 10:30pm up at 5am. Although I'm feeling it at the moment. I had my first sleep in on Tuesday and slept til 7:21am. I felt a million bucks 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!