Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty Treatments

16 posts, 9 members
MareeB
5239 posts
Just thinking, there's hardly anyone down town these days when I'm driving around, so have people started going back to their beauty therapists or are you doing it yourself still? I'm still doing it myself - not well, but passable!!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I still do all mine but always have. I used to cut my hair too lol but I got a big chop done at the hairdresser a few months back. So apart from that it's all me! 
Millyw
63 posts
I have had a facial this year (it was a birthday present), and a haircut at the hairdresser, but I usually do everything at home now. I even bought one of the home IPL machines last year, it is great being able to do things when I can rather than making appointments. I think it is less effective than seeing a professional - but at least it makes me feel like Im treating myself!
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh true Millyw. IPls are worth their weight in gold. I'd love to try the Thin Lizzy epl. One day ..
tabucutie
1811 posts
Still work from home so been doing my own brows. My hair stylist is on maternity leave but will book an appointment when she is back. Haven't been to a nail salon for a few years. Would love a pedi.
MareeB
5239 posts
It's funny what you learn to do without isn't it? In a way, covid has prepared us for the new issues that have lead to outrageous rising costs, so we won't be so inclined to miss the things we stopped doing during covid. 
Millyw
63 posts
MareeB I didnt realise Thin Lizzy did an epilator - I will have to look. I have been tempted to buy some thin lizzy products as I have seen them on sale, there might be a different thread for this lol but has anyone tried the 6 in 1 powders and are they any good?
MareeB
5239 posts
I have tried their 6 in 1 and some other products. I really like their products. I'd love to try the puffy eye product but it's really expensive.
tabucutie
1811 posts
So valid, costs keep rising. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have a massage and brow shape booked, was meant to be this weekend but rebooked for Easter weekend heh. 

i keep putting stuff off or DIYing. Well overdue for a haircut so should probs sort that at some stage. Might get a pedi this weekend. I do my own tan and nails 
Mimi-Sheen
35 posts
I recently cut my own hair. It felt so nice. I am longing for a relaxing facial and a massage so much these days but my midwife says it's risky for me to go out too often.
tannygirl
3392 posts
 I graduated from beauty school last year, so I do my own treatments at home. Manicures (with regular polish or a treatment or just cuticle work), pedicures (with polish or just to tidy my toenails), wax my brows, upper lip and do my own Brazilians. Armpits were treated with electrology so, I just pluck out the sparse regrowth. I also cosmetic needle with a derma roller and do masks and stuff. That's my basic maintenance.

I want to invest in some skincare gadgets and elevate my facial treatments since I have the skills to but they're spensy.
tamaraxo
12 posts
I've stopped doing a lot of beauty treatments that I used to get regularly - can't remember the last time I had my nails done, and just cut my own hair at home now. Still see my beauty therapist to get my brows shaped & tinted though!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I want to get a massage this week but I honestly have not had one in such a long time and the last one I got was a hot rocks one which was nice. But I just want a nice relaxing massage that includes no elbows or pain lol. Is this what a swedish massage is? 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisa, just say you want a relaxing massage without deep tissue work. My massage therapist always uses hot rocks on me as it loosens my muscles up really well. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Soozie! I will do that. I did like the hot rocks.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!