Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty review - Computer, tablet or phone

23 posts, 21 members
I was just wondering when you are on the site if you mostly use your phone, tablet, or a computer. 

Im normally on a tablet and I find a lot of the time I have a bit of trouble trying to type into forums it doesn't seem to tick the box so I find I have to change the font then change it back and start typing.

I also find the auto correct a huge pain in the backside I'm not the best speller but I don't expect it to completely change a word so it makes no sense.

does anyone else have these problems or is it just me and how do you get around them?

thanks
Ringy
825 posts
Yes!! I have to click bold then unclick bold to get it to type when I'm using my phone or iPad for the forum. And on my phone it's usually 50/50 if it will actually post. 
Macs
5351 posts
I used to do it on my laptop but mainly on my phone. I often pull the laptop out when I can't get into threads.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I find it really difficult to use the link button on my iPad, as the cut/copy/replace options always pop up over the BR task bar once a word is highlighted, making it very hard to click on the link button ... it often involves lots of scrolling up or down to get the options to temporarily disappear before trying to quickly click the link button before the cut/paste options pop back up.  It's very frustrating but I haven't found any other way around this.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I use my phone, my computer is a little outdated and when I do use it everything I write winds up with spelling errors or no spaces lol.
I'm glad I'm not the only one 
trudijoy
8375 posts
My Mac works perfectly for BR. My other laptop is harder - it won't link etc. Nor would my Samsung phone; haven't tried it yet on my iPhone. The photo wall was weirdly calibrated on my old phone but fine on my new one. On my iPhone, sometimes I can reply to threads and sometimes it refuses to open the reply box.

If I'm on here during the day it's on my Mac; at nights usually on my iPhone.
-Bex-
611 posts
99% of the time it is on my phone. Since I upgraded from iPhone 5s to 6s everything works perfect easy to get on the forum and comment, only wee glitch is sometimes if a thread is 2+ pages long or has lots of links, you have to click reply a few times before it lets you in to the reply box. Computer I don't have any issues
Qweenkaren
313 posts
mostly I am on either computer or my iPad. I dont have any problems, but there are slight differences with each. I find on my iPad I have to click on the "source" button before being able to write a comment.
I dont like using my phone - it's just too small for my preferences.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
My Mac computer most of the time, and sometimes my MacBook Pro. Very occasionally on my iPad or iPhone. Yes I am an Apple person.
Lisa-
79 posts
I use both the computer at lunchtimes (now) or sometimes at home, and often have a read on my phone on breaks etc. My phone also has issues letting me type replies or comments. Would love a BR app!
Lutece
1849 posts
Nowadays I only use Beauty review on the laptop, for some reason I cant comment on anything on here when I use my phone and I get impatient when I use my phone because everything is small so I just use the laptop when I can, when I had a tablet it was great for Beauty review <3
shazatron101
5112 posts
I use mostly the computer but I haven't had any trouble when I go to use my phone. That's unfortunate you are having trouble though :-( 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I use my phablet 90% of the tab & then on my tablet the other 10% but because I've always got my phablet that's me although I do think I need to upgrade phone to a note 5. I find on the tablet there are minor glitches & my phablet is effortless with a new upgrade of being able to view easier on mobile conversion but I don't use that.
MareeB
5239 posts
I always use my laptop.
I use laptop and phone. Can get frustrating on my phone but any sites I'm looking at can :-) X 
MissQT
1547 posts
I use my iPad mostly. But I'm starting to use my phone now as I upgraded to an iPhone. The only issue I have is that I have issues putting links in on forum posts.
Emily-jane
314 posts
I have had a few problems submitting replies on the photo wall when I use my phone but nothing else. I prefer to use a laptop as I can type quicker.
Arohas
77 posts
I only use my phone. It never came up with the link or bold sections until now. The BR crew must have been doing upgrades?
I have problems commenting on photos
I use my laptop. It's almost always on and never leaves my desk for anything much so it's more convenient for me.
rebekahcramp
14 posts
I only use this site on my PC.

I have massive difficulty trying to use the web broser for this site on my cell phone. It just doesnt work well on a mobile format. 

If anything they should look at making a more mobile friendly version or an App would be AMAZING!!! 
Head Pixie
569 posts
An interesting thread - especially seeing what problems occur on what platforms. Will pass the info onto the boffins. :) xo
MissQT
1547 posts
 oh and another issue I sometimes have on my phone is that clicking on links sometimes don't work (they don't work when I click on them). So I have to try and open it up in a new tab. This seems to be any type of link, forum posts, brand directory, products etc.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!