Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty Loop Time! :)

108 posts, 13 members
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, Beauty Loop boxes are part of Mecca's reward programme - so they are free! Which one you get depends how much money you spend in a year. Hahah - you need to gather up all your reusable bags and put them in the car now!

I got my reuseable cotton pads off Etsy - the irony being that I had to get them sent from America! There's heaps of different ones on there but some of the shipping was really expensive. Let me know if you want the name of the seller I got mine from. I've also recently switched to cotton buds with paper stems instead of plastic.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I forgot my bags too, hence I have so many. If I forgot I just buy another reuseable bag in store and hope that the next time it won't happen again.

I'd be really keen for the name of the seller. I am acutally looking up something non related on ETSY atm. Generally I don't know much about it. Is shipping expensive??
MissDilly
229 posts
If you go to felt.co.nz and search makeup wipes - there's NZ ladies that sell them on there, really reasonably priced. There's makeup wipes and eye wipes 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
What a great site, Miss Dilly! I've never heard of it before but have just been having a really good look. I think I might purchase some honey wraps from there. I've just reached the end of a roll of plastic wrap, which I don't buy often, but don't want to repurchase. 

I couldnt see any cotton pads on there like mine, just the crochet ones? Mine look and feel just like cotton wool pads, but they're two pieces of cotton flannel fabric (like flannel,shirts, not flannel face cloths) sewn together. The seller I used was 'softandscrubby'. Her postage was the most reasonable. She was also super helpful when I contacted her to ask which would be the best rounds to use with toners. 

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mine cost just $15 for ten unbleached cotton rounds and took two weeks to get here. 

This weekends job is to sort out unwanted samples and hotel toiletries to give to 'Soap for Society' who are collecting toiletry and sanitary items for Wellington City Mission. I've also bought a few sanitary items to give to them now Countdown has dropped the price on those! 
MareeB
5241 posts
It's awesome to see people replacing plastic. I used to be  a major greenie then I slackened off. I'm inspired again now! It occurred to me that if I saw a turtle I wouldn't run up and tie a plastic bag around it's neck, and having plastic bags floating around in the water is as bad as strangling creatures ourselves. Horrid thought eh?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am glad to see plastic bags go. I have purchased quite a few reusable bags. I try recycle as much as I can, I know I could probably do a lot more but you gotta start somewhere :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
That is such a cool website @Miss Dilly.  I didn't know a sit elite this existed in nz. Definitely  going to make a purchase next payday. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I went into Mecca today and they have heaps of new stuff! I did have the question that if you were a Level 1 Beauty Loop and say that the Level 2 Beauty Loopers decided to take all the Level 1 boxes and there was only Level 2 boxes available would you qualify to take home a Level 2 if all the Level 1's were taken?

And the Mecca assistant said you could take home a Level 2 box in that instance, but it's unlikely that they would run out of all the Level 1's and only have the higher Beauty Loop Level boxes available.  Just in case anyone was wondering.
trudijoy
8375 posts
At the end of the time they’re pretty easygoing; I’ve been given level 3 boxes before.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm picking mine up on Saturday so will have to see what is left! In more important news, the new bigger Wellington Mecca opens next Friday!!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Is that the one in the mall soozie? I get to check out chch next week, have been to both akl ones and the cbd welly
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The one in the mall is in Lower Hutt. It's smaller than the CBD one but I go there sometimes for a change and they have other shops I like in there. Also it's much easier to get appointments for beauty loop make up applications there. 

The new Wellington one is on Lambton Quay, where Top Shop was. Looks like they will carry more brands, like ones in Mecca Cosmetica. Not sure what is happening with the current store. Will find out about that on Saturday too. 

So what did you buy from Mecca today, Tannygirl?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah get me all the welly Mecca happs :D there’s a 99% chance I’ll be there at least 1x next year
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I didn't pick up anything today Soozie, except for some samples of the Mecca sunscreens and a couple of concealers to try and see if they're good for my under eye and another one for covering up pimples. 

Usually I buy my Mecca products online although, I probably will have to buy the concealers instore since there seems to be a glitch in the site where it won't let me add any concealers to my basket. I chatted the Mecca customer service online and she said she didn't have any problems. So if I wanted to buy it online the only other option would be to have the Mecca customer service team sign into my account and add it to my basket and check out for me if would give them my credit card deets, which I don't give out. So buying instore is my only option.

I did try a couple of the Two Faced Peaches and Cream products. The Just Peachy Mattes palette is super cute and it seems to blend well, have plenty of pigment and last awhile on your eyes. And the Sweetie Pie bronzer is gorgeous, I though it would come off really peach on me and look like blush but it is still a bronzer on me, although I didn't have any blush on my face today and just used that and I didn't need to add any blush. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oooh and they have the Soap and Glory Smoothie Star body buttercream. It seems to be just as thick as the Righteous One. It has a yummy vanilla nutty scent, same as the Breakfast scrub if you like vanilla over florals when it comes to body care it's worth checking out. I really wanted that one and the Australia Mecca had it for ages and finally, now we can buy it here.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mecca's sunscreens are amazing! Since I started using them I am actually applying sunscreen every single day.

That is very strange that you can't add any concealers to you online cart Tannygirl. Another way you could get around it maybe is buying an e-gift card and then you could give them those details instead of your credit card? I've bought gift cards before to make up my total to $75 so I get free shipping when there hasn't been anything I've immediately needed.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Oooh that sounds like an idea Soozie. Thank you I didn't think of that. Did you get the e-gift card or the instore one? Can you use either online?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
You can use either card instore or online. I think you get the e-card straight away when you pay for it. I got the card sent out as I bought it to get free shipping. It came beautifully (over) packaged which would have been lovely if it had actually been a gift lol. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Do you get the points when you buy it or when you redeem it?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha I almost posted about points and vouchers as I knew you'd want to know! You get the points when you spend the voucher, not when you buy it. So if anyone ever wants to get you a present from Mecca, get them to buy you a voucher, not the product lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Anyone who wants to test out how the Mecca cards work is welcome to buy me one
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol, Trudi! Take one for the team! Sometimes they have offers on the cards too like a free mini Mecca Cosmetica product e.g. Micellar, sunscreen etc. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
     Oooh that's so cool. I saw the micellar water special they had with them earlier this year and I almost went for one then but then I ended up getting other things. So they count towards the minimum spend for free shipping when you buy them. Do they count towards the minimum spend for free shipping when you redeem them as well?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap! I bought the gift card with the micellar water to get my beauty loop box sent out with free shipping as an item I was wanting was out of stock for ages. Then when it came into stock, I used the gift card and again got free shipping. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh wow, I really should get gift cards if I just have a smaller order or if they have the rare gift with purchase for a particular item, like the Frank birthday scrub and free limited edition lip balm. I'm not a lip balm addict but I love Frank body scrub. Sometimes the samples that Mecca has look really good I remember some months ago it was a card with Urban Decay lipstick samples and then a few weeks ago it was samples of Nars Orgasm and Laguna bronzer, I'm assuming in card form too. Both sold out really fast!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol, Tannygirl - I can't say I monitor the online samples as closely as you do! I wish they had more of them in store - athough I have had Nars foundation sample cards recently. Having said that, they are more than generous in store with samples of products you want to try. I just don't like wasting all those teeny plastic pots afterwards.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I rarely make trips into a Mecca store but when I do I won't leave the store empty handed, I'll always have some samples. I mainly shop online but I have way too many dream carts Soozie, lol.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Do you buy stuff or just get samples? I don’t mind asking for samples if I’m making a purchase but always feel bad if I don’t buy something.

Soozie I reuse those! Epic for a couple of nights away- foundation, lip scrub, sleeping mask etc
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I have bought things on occasion but considering that the nearest Mecca is over an hour and a half's bus ride away, I probably visit the physical store a few times a year. Usually when I ask for samples I'm looking to try things I'm considering buying, since stuff is pretty spensy and I haven't tried it yet it's unlikely I'm going to buy it then and there. I've never returned an item so I've always waited till I was really sure I wanted to splurge on something before I bought it.

But I always walk in to Mecca with a list of the things I want more info about or am considering trying so I take up as little of the store assistant's time as possible. Plus I don't forget which items I wanted to know more about, otherwise I end up spending a really long time in store. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
When I first started going to Mecca I could only go in australia so I just bought all the things. But it wasn’t even available online in NZ then so I kinda had to I guess!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mecca update: I got a level 3 box! Yay! Susilia, did you get your box in the end?

The new Wellington shop is looking huge! Apparently it is double the size of the current one (which will still be open too). The promo they are having on opening day is that you get to choose a goodie bag if you spend over $85. They will keep replenishing these bags throughout the day until closing. I'm considering going in after work now. 
EliseMM
120 posts
Soozie - do you know what time they will be closing on Friday?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It says 6pm on the event on Facebook. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i like Mecca Chch, they gave me freebies :D

I forgot one thing i wanted to buy so i'll be back. and hopefully they'll give me morrrrrre samples!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    They are really nice at the Christchurch stores. What did they give you Trudi? :-D
trudijoy
8375 posts
Urban Decay Hi-Fi shine ultra cushion lip gloss in ‘naked’ and Hourglass Veil primer. Both in generous sample sizes
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Lucky you. The Hourglass primer is really nice.
trudijoy
8375 posts
And I bought a Bumble & Bumble pre-heat hair treatment spray, Mecca setting powder and an S&G lotion
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'm so glad they brought more of the Smoothie Star line from soap and glory. That vanilla scent is so yummy! I immediately knew I would finally reach Level 1 status when I saw it online.
trudijoy
8375 posts
went to both Meccas and to NYX today and bought myself some needed small travel palettes.
Alikat the reason the two Mecca stores in Chch are different is because the Ballantyne's one is a Cosmetica and the one out on the street is a Maxima. They stock different brands - Cosmetica is more expensive, Maxima is funkier.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Went in and got my free Beauty Loop hour pro makeup session today!! Ended up with a face full of Urban Decay, Too Faced, Stila, Nars and Hourglass, and the prep was Eve Lom, Ren, Skyn Iceland and Perricone MD. So much fun!

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I went to the opening of the new Mecca in Wellington today. It is amaaaaazing! Like a Maxima and Cosmetica combined, along with a perfumeria and a 'Trove' as well. There were no queues to get in (I went around 4pm) as the store is SO BIG that everyone could fit in. It was overwhelmed by choice though, so I just grabbed a few bits and bobs so that I could grab a goodie bag. I've been invited to the VIP evening next week so I'll probably got back and have a good look around then. 

Trudi, I love how they use all the really lux products for the makeovers. The makeup lessons are really good too. They're also good if you have a palette they sell and you don't know what to do with a couple of colours, they'll show you ways to use them. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Exciting soozie, keen to go to one some day!

Yeah this girl was amazing, narrated what she was doing so I learned a few things
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I'm so glad I finally got to go to an opening and one where I didn't have to queue for hours. I think I like this new store more than I like Sephora in the States - and that's really saying something lol. 

I was was really impressed when I had my makeup lesson as wasn't sure what I'd learn after 35 years of wearing makeup. But she taught me some cool new tricks which literally took a good five years off me. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
     Oooh I'm curious to know what was in the goodiebag Soozie.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
If you spent $85 you could chose a bag from inside the giant Mecca bag (see their Instagram). I got a Mecca Cosmetica lip balm worth $33 which I've use before and liked. My friend got a Bumble and Bumble spray. We also got given the small size of the Mecca spf 50+ sunscreen at the checkout so I was really pleased with that. They also handed out chocolates and drinks and their was a claw machine to try to get Mecca Max prizes. I stuck at those so no luck there. 

Apparently there's goodie bags at the VIP night so watch this space.....
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Wow Soozie that sounds amazing! A claw machine filled with makeup goodies would be enough to get me sqealing like a three year old.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Funnily enough there was a long queue for the claw machine and mostly made up of school girls lol. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh wow Soozie, sounds fab!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!