Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty Loop Time! :)

108 posts, 13 members
Susilia
484 posts
Hi ladies,
pick up your beauty loop boxes now, the spoilers looked exciting this time! It’s my first time ever to get one (level one only), and I’ve only heard about mecca beauty loop boxes here in the forum, so just wanted to thank you guys, I would have never known about it otherwise!! :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
hmmmm maybe i need to do an EOD mission :D
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oooh I would love to see what's inside. Where are the spoilers?
Susilia
484 posts
They are on YouTube, on mecca’s Site, but today they uploaded a video on their Facebook page too, they revealed all contents of all 3 levels. :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mines in my hand but unopened! I got a L1 as I’m super allergic to something in L2 and soozie knows and warned me x
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mines in my hand but unopened! I got a L1 as I’m super allergic to something in L2 and soozie knows and warned me x
Susilia
484 posts
I’ve had to alert them last week, that one of my online orders hasn’t been added to my spendings, so I haven’t reached level one, even though I was supposed to. They told me to live chat them before doing an order, so did just that, they said they’ll add it manually to my order, but I’m so scared they won’t do it. My order hasn’t shipped yet and I’ve done the order just to get the beauty loop box, it’s a tad stink I had to chase it up and now I’m so worried they won’t even send it out with my order! :/ 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Their customer care is awesome. If yours doesn’t appear as available call them and they’ll sort it. When they first opened here all my points were Australian and they honoured them for me
Susilia
484 posts
I will definitely email them, but they take days to reply and I’m afraid the boxes will be out of stock by then for them to fix it. I just hope they’ll send it with my order as promised, so fingers crossed. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Honestly, call them. They’re super super lovely
trudijoy
8375 posts
Opened...

item 1: I’m allergic to that too lol
item 2: brand I’m super keen to try, product I’ll like
item 3: travel size of something I have in full size and like 
item 4: something I was wanting to try in a shade I probs wouldn’t have chosen
Susilia
484 posts
Which item are you allergic to? I’ve seen the unboxing, so I know what’s in lvl 1 boxes, you can just tell me brand or describe it subtly, to not spoil it for others!
I’m rather happy I’m not allergic to anything at all!
trudijoy
8375 posts
The eye one in L2 and the sachet in L1 :/
Susilia
484 posts
Ah well, it’s just the sachet then, I wouldn’t worry about it too much!
I have the eye thingy from lvl 2, but haven’t tried it yet. I’m glad with the contents of lvl 1. :) 
Now just to wait for my online order! :O 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And my friend likes it so she’ll get it :)

I’m not unhappy at all. I loved the feb one so it was always going to be hard to beat... April/may didn’t manage either lol
alikat
423 posts
Went and picked up my L2 box after work and dropped some dollars at the same time. First ever loop box for me (yes, I hit L2 in the space of two months, please pray for my bank balance). And I dont know why I was expecting larger samples, or more samples. I'm kind of bummed to spend so much and thats the reward. 

On the upside, found out that if I shop at Mecca inside Ballantynes, I get Loop points AND Ballantynes point. They have a better hourglass and nars selection than the Maxima on Cashel Street. So that'll be my first stop from now on. 

If you haven't had a sample of two of the deluxe samples in the L2 box, can you really call yourself a beauty junkie? I already have both these products, so more bummed that I cant try something new.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Alikat theyre 4x a year and usually have at least one amazing thing! I’m still loving a bronzer I got in my first one, Nov 2016. PLUS they give you a decent bday gift (I got two this year!) and vouchers to get makeup etc done free. It adds up. But yeah I’d have been a little sad with this quarters L2 box.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Soozie hates the eye thing in level 2 and knows how Trudi feels about it so had to warn her! Hopefully I can wrangle myself a level 1 box instead too. Alicat I am curious about your level 2 box as one of the things I saw online was from a brand that's not available here. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also alikat ta for the chch MM tips! I’m down there in a couple weeks and so I’ll cash in my ‘worked a weekend’ treat money there I think! My agreement with myself is that if I have to travel for work at the weekend I can spend $50 guilt/justification free. If I have to do work it’s $100. I have a $100 weekend coming!
alikat
423 posts
So Ballantynes is a spend $500 and get a $50 voucher - thats a better return than farmers. 

Cashel Street has Urban Decay, Mac, Too Faced, Nars, Hourglass, Stila and Bare Minerals. Ballantynes has Nars, Hourglass, Surratt, By Terry, Stila, Ilia, tonnes more skincare in the Mecca part, plus theres all the other top counters like Tom Ford, Benefit, Chanel, Lancome, Mac, Bobbi Brown etc. Its heaven. Utter heaven.

I was kind of hoping for at least some travel or full size products. I'm just going to ruin the L2 box for everyone:

mascara (3.9gm - Travel size is 4.8gm, full size is 8gm)
primer (4.11ml - Travel size is 8.95gm, full size is 30gm, also in Jumbo size)
One time single use eye cream
One time single use face wipe

At least I'm going to melbourne soon so the sample sizes will save on luggage space. Also picked up travel sized UD Setting spray and a travel szied kate sommerville cleanser.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh can’t say I’m okay with the intentional spoiler tbh. I’d have been livid seeing that if I didn’t have mine.

Cashel sounds like me actually. I’ll have time for both though
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
OK, I was just after a hint about the level 2 box so I could figure it out without spoiling it for anyone. You might want to edit your post. There's people who read the forums without commenting. 
alikat
423 posts
have edited. I saw what was in the boxes on my IG Stories long before I got to morning tea.
alikat
423 posts
Trudi - At the risk of going off topic, theres a NYX store inside The Crossing as well. Let me enable you haha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I saw the full reveal of all three boxes on Monday night. I only hinted to Trudi what one item was as I know she's allergic to it. Some people like the surprise and avoid spoilers on social media. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Love me some NYX! There’s loads of it up here now which is amazing.

And yep soozie I’m anti spoilers to the extent that I gave a kid detention for spoiling Harry Potter 6 for his class
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha I remember that story Trudi. Love it! I still haven't gotten over the parent who spoilt Game of Thrones for me at parent interviews. I literally went NOOOOOOOOO in a room full of other teachers and parents lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
There are very few joyful surprises left to adults is all. I’m very very opinionated about allowing people to be surprised if they so choose x
trudijoy
8375 posts
In the BRBB days I got so mad at ppl posting on the wall immediately lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh I remember that time you had to wait a couple of weeks for your BRBB too because of couriers who can't courier. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol just the one time? There were eleventeen kabillion
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I don't mind spoilers of beauty boxes, subscription boxes or gwp boxes. I like to know what I'm getting for spending money at said store and in most cases spending extra money to qualify for the gwp. 

I looked at the Mecca Facebook page and there's a long list of all these new products they are adding to the store, including the Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes palette. I can't believe it! Lol. I remember calling customer service a few times several months apart asking if they were going to get that in store.

I was really interested in the first half of the palette which is all good shades to set your eye primer and good transition/crease shades. And when I heard it was unlikely it would come to Mecca I decided to buy a heap of MUG eyeshadows in shades that would be good for base and transition. And then like two days after my order arrives I find out that they are getting the Just Peachy Mattes Palette. 

On the upside though, I used my boring palette of beige shadows to blend out my eye makeup look and it grounded my eye makeup look beautifully. It looked more professional and my eye makeup looked more harmonized with the rest of my face. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
i read the spoiler and but didn't care, i've spent more money on fabric/sewing in the last 4 weeks than i have beauty in the last 6 months hahahahaha
more power to you that can spend that amount of money in such a short time!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Oooh what are making Shaz? I can mend my clothes but I'm not good at sewing a brand new item. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
i made myself some pyjama pants, and i was working on reusable produce bags until i ran out of thread
MareeB
5241 posts
That's awesome Shaz. The planet loves you :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
hah. maybe. i just didn't want to pay $10 for 3 for the ones at new world :P
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Awhile back New World was running a deal where you got a good very, strong produce bag for each Essano product you bought which were 25% at the time. Mom who never really spends much on beauty products, stocked up on a few items just for the bags.
shazatron101
5112 posts
we had the same promotion up here but it wasn't for produce bags, it was just the brown sturdy ones for general groceries. the bags i'm making are specifically for produce, aka fruit and vegetables.
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm glad plastic bags are going. Yahoo!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I picked up the super cute wee NW ones that scrunch down to look like fruit lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
i got a few of them Trudi. i hated the feeling of them hahahaha so i gave them to me mudder.

i am too, Maree. i think. its probably a little too late but its always better late than never!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I like them because they fit in my handbag and I now always have them on me :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I like those too, Trudi. You can't forget them if you have one that always lives in your handbag. 

Ive been thinking about how much plastic and other waste there is with beauty products. Especially as I am guilty of buying mini sizes and getting samples with just a few drops of products in a little plastic container. I use a few solid items though which come free from plastic packaging (conditioner, body butter, deodorant). I've also just bought some reusable cotton pads to apply toner with. I'm really pleased with these so far - feel just like the normal disposable cotton pads. What's everyone else doing to cut back on waste from using beauty products? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’ve started buying one big and one small of things I use a lot where possible, and decanting for travel. I use a bar cleanser in the morning and am trying to use up the heap of bar soap I have and not rely on liquid all the time. I’m trying to recycle packaging that can be, and to chop things that can’t into smaller pieces to compact it in the trash. I’m also trying to make sure I use up all the versions of things I have before buying more.

It’s not much but it’s something
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh and I use facecloths to clean my face, use micellar water etc
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Every bit helps! Yeap face clothes instead of wipes here as well! I also gave up liquid hand soap quite some time ago in favour of old fashioned bar soap. Mainly because I have so many I've acquired from Lush gift boxes etc that never got used. Added bonus - my hands don't dry out quite as much as they did with liquid soap, nor do I get exzema on them anymore! It's taken me awhile to realise my skin doesn't like SLS which is in most foaming products (including toothpaste). 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I like to have at least one antibacterial option and liquids the best for that but yeah I use up bar soap, hotel shower gels etc as hand soap now. Also unless they’re amazing (like the Hawaiian tropic stuff!) I don’t take the hotel ones now.

I also (nbr) use baking sofa and white vinegar to clean things quite often too. My eco footprint is there but I’m trying!
tabucutie
1811 posts
I support not using plastic bags anymore. In saying that I do get multiple uses out of the plastic bags that we do have in the bottom of the kitchen drawer(I know you know what I am talking about, most people have one). I have about 20 recyclable bags in the car which is used for food shopping and general shopping. I recycle all recyclable items though I really want to start a compost thing but we are in a rental property so I will need to speak to the landlord.

I have seen those reusuable wipes (for toner/micellar water) where do you get them? I am still not a fan of liquid soap but get refills when needed. I am interested to try the shampoo/conditioner bars that dont have packaging but haven't got there yet.
Macs
5351 posts
I’ve never shopped at Mecca before . Love to see pics if anyone buys one. 

I always forget my reuseable bags at home every time I shop. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!