Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty loop time

111 posts, 17 members
Kimrose
1419 posts
Just popped into Mecca and received my beauty look box...I am level one and happy with my goodies

Kimrose
1419 posts
*beauty loop, lol not look. Auto correct!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got my L3 on weds and I'm stoked. One thing I can't use but the rest is fantastic! 

looking forward to my bday gift this week too!! 

(didn't we already have a thread on this? Can't remember where I was discussing it lol)
Kimrose
1419 posts
I hope you have a fab birthday Trudi! I have never had a birthday gift, must keep a look out this June
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Kim! They tend to be from their own brand and full sized which is pretty cool :) 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I live for beauty loop boxes ... We'd be due one about now if they were open. I got a gorgeous highlighter and brush as my bday gift this year
trudijoy
8375 posts
Loop boxes just dropped - all online/delivered this time <3 

Meant to be free shipping but for some reason that didn't apply to mine, all good as i needed a couple things anyway
Emily-jane
314 posts
I'm glad I waited a few days to get my Mother's day gift as it was over the $25 dollar spend. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That happened to me too. I just added a hand cream and it said you had to spend at least $25 for it to be shipped. Hardly free shipping but I guess it's because it's coming from Australia now. Need a few treats today so all good. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup soozie!  I got hand cream, spot dots and a sheet mask, all of which i need atm.

hopefully this is a great box!
Susilia
484 posts
I dropped down to level 2, pretty proud of it! :D

Question: would you wait to put through an order until next week to get the birthday gift in the same order? My Birthday is 1.May.
Context: just had a mecca order arrive this morning, oops! You guys wanna see what I got, I can post a pic? :)

ps. Sorry I was so inactive, I was in Europe and had a bit of stress getting back home, totally got out of the habit of checking in to BeautyReview. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
that would have been stressful, susilia!  

personally i'd do two, because the loop boxes will go faster this time, i think, with everyone claiming them online. 

MareeB
5244 posts
I'm very pleased you got back safely Susilia. It must have been frightening xx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes glad you got home safe!!
Susilia
484 posts
Thanks guys, just put through my order, thanks for the advice Trudi! :)
Can't wait, I love loop samples, although I managed to already spoil the surprise for myself, oops. :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I hope you get some nice goodies for your birthday.  Mine is the day before yours :-) Yay for lockdown birthdays lol
Susilia
484 posts
They just told me on their chat that I'll have 6 months to get my birthday present, so I won't even need to do an order next week, I can totally wait a few months! Just kidding, will stretch it out to maybe a week or so. :D 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I use to always just pop into the ChCh city Mecca in my lunch breaks (quite dangerous) oh how I miss those days. I'd kill to check out the Sephora store ... Does anyone live in Auckland or been to one overseas? 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thank goodness you're back safe and sound Susilia xx
siouxsannah
261 posts
Welcome back Susilia!
I have been to 2 physical Sephora stores. One was in Poland and the other in Austria. Both of them were quite small though, so it wasn't quite as exciting as I had hoped.
Kimrose
1419 posts
I went to a Sephora store in China and Gold Coast, both were pretty great! I did a Mecca order last week :( I'm not sure if will get the loop box. May have to do another one.  I'm pretty sure I can find one or two things!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I live in Auckland and have been to the Sephora here often. I've also been to Sephora Pacific Fair (Gold Coast), Sephora Pitt Street (Central Sydney), Sephora Melbourne Central, and Sephora Kalakaua and Sephora Alamoana, both Hawaii. 

I actually mystery shopped Sephora Sydney for BR in 2015 - I'll see if I can find the article if you like Jackie? 

I think Sephora isn't quite as good as it was 5 years ago but I still love it. The Auckland store is awesome but I think Sydney might be my fave out of the ones I've been to 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I went to sephora 10 years ago when i was in the us of a (my god that was a lifetime ago) but it was for a friend, not for myself, and tbh the experience was a bit meh as it was soooo freakin packed it was ridiculous!
Nicola_yeah
15 posts
I've never heard of beauty loop.  I did a $200 order at mecca a few weeks ago, but I don't think I "logged in" or anything.  Will they know I did that to qualify or nahhh
Macs
5351 posts
I can finally get one of these since I spent $300 on my last order they said I'm on L1. I need to spend another 2-3 to get to L2. Which shouldn't be a problem lol 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nicola you'll  have to sign up for loop, if your shopping has been in-store.  I think they sort you automatically if you shop online.

Info is here and the staff are great if you have questions. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Trudi that is awesome, do you travel a lot for work or just for pleasure ... I'm a little jealous hehe 
trudijoy
8375 posts
both, I'm a foreign language expert Teacher Consultant, and the senior NZ rep for a large online education platform, and so I travel around NZ a lot for work, and go to Australia for meetings and conferences.

I travel overseas a lot in my break time because i work from home and am a bit of a language and culture geek so just head away every chance I get.  The last three years I've been to Samoa, Hawaii, Australia a whole lotta times, Japan, Hong Kong, Fiji and Vanuatu.  When COVID-19 hit I had travel plans in place for Singapore, Wellington, Rarotonga and Brisbane I had to cancel.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Wow yeah covid would have really changed things for you. Sounds like an amazing job!
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I see some Mecca stores are going to do a click and collect so you can order then pickup and avoid postage 
Macs
5351 posts
I just placed my order. I can't wait to receive my first beauty loop box L1. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Haha yeah it's desk admin heavy atm but it's kinda cool to be able to spend my days positively helping teachers :) 
LucyAnnexx
29 posts
Ooh what's beauty loop? I'm intrigued! 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
It's with Mecca. Depending on how much you spend at Mecca a year you can be on beauty loop level 1, 2 or 3 which changes which benefits you get. 4 times a year you get a little box with minis of things to try. Depending on your level you can also get free makeup applications and priority on new products etc
LucyAnnexx
29 posts
Ooh that sounds awesome! I usually order everything through Sephora
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I'm a bit of both but have been more Sephora the last 6 months. I think I'll drop down to beauty loop 2 or even 1 later this year. I've got my Sephora 20% sale order already to go first thing tomorrow hehe
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sephora are good, and I pop in to the AKL store when I'm in the city and will go to the new branch too, but I've moved more and more to Mecca, apart from a few Sephora staples.

The Sephora app has shocking customer service, whereas Mecca are only too happy to help.  It's the customer service and loyalty programmes that make the difference for me.

Sephora staples for me are my FAB makeup melter, Sephora brand masks, KVD, Benefit, and I do love a bit of Tarte and Zoeva and Marc Jacobs etc
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I haven't tried Zoeva yet, I've been so close to trying the brushes ... I even had one in my cart for tomorrow but backed out. I had my eye on the Rose Golden vol 2 eye set but thought I better try 1 or 2 before committing. Then I was learning towards trying a morphe set from Mecca AHHHHH so undecided!!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I feel the same with Sephora. I was so hyped for them opening here but they aren't a patch on the ones in the States. Meanwhile, Mecca just keeps getting better and better. There are very few brands that I use that Mecca doesn't carry now and there's not much at Sephora that really appeals (I am more into skincare than makeup)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I'd been to like 5 overseas Sephora stores before NZ opened. I'm hoping the new store has a bit of a better layout 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Sorry dumb question ....there's a new one opening??!! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah when Galleria (the extension ) opens at Sylvia Park :)
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
It's that time again whoop whoop
Emily-jane
314 posts
Just did a small order. I need to avoid Facebook so I can have a surprise loop box this time. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
I just got the email! Yay
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Yeah I shouldn't be getting anything but too lazy to go into town to collect it so got the Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer which I hear is amazeballs

So good that you only have to spend $25 to free shipping now!
Emily-jane
314 posts
I got brush cleaner. Have needed it for a while. I have heard that lip enhancer is good too. Let me know what you think. I live 5hours from the nearest store so online orders are my life. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Go or my L3 today and so excited about one of the 4 that I forgot to look at the others lol. 
Emily-jane
314 posts
Exciting Trudi. Mine has been dispatched, fingers crossed for tomorrow.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Yeah dispatched really quickly

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!