Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty Loop Day!

53 posts, 10 members
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay! I am super excited about this one. I was also hoping I could get my birthday gift with it too but it hasn't been added to my account yet.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Soozie just ask if you can get it and show your ID and Mecca card, they gave me mine in those circumstances as well :)

YAY I was literally in MM over the weekend and they didn't know when the boxes were landing, so SUPER stoked. I'm even heading to the mall on an errand later today, so double yay!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay! I want to know what's in your box immediately! lol.

I'm having mine sent out as I don't want to make a special trip to pick it up. I know what the birthday gift is though so can wait until I can pick it up. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
you always want to know immediately lol ;)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha I maybe slightly obsessed! Can't believe you didn't know they were due out. I have been counting down since it was announced lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i thought i'd read they were coming but the Mecca girls didn't know so...

plus i've been in a mad painkiller haze :p
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'm so happy about this because it's my first Beauty Loop Box since I reached Level 1 status finally. I'd love to know what's in the Level 2 and Level 3 boxes if anyone is a Level 2 or 3. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Tannygirl like i say every time i'll share mine on the photowall.... but not until a couple of weeks have passed, because i refuse to be the person who spoils things for others :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I was going to say that Trudi is level 2 and I am level 3 but both of us don't like to spoilt it for others who like a surprise (even though I am desperate to find out myself lol). 

There will be heaps of posts on instagram though. I hope you are happy with the contents of yours Tannygirl. I think a couple of things I am really wanting to try will be in the level 3 from the sneak hints I've seen already (Mecca have a video posted on their youtube channel)
tannygirl
3392 posts
 Thanks :-) Trudi. Sorry I get really curious about any kind of beauty mystery box and what's in it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup i hear you, curiosity and excitement are def part of the fun. I just haaaaaaaaate having things spoiled for me and so flat out refuse to have any part of ruining anything for anyone else, be it beauty box, TV show, surprise with purchase, advent calendar gift, book or whatever! Personal stance, no need for you to apologise at all, just saying if you haven't found out in a couple weeks i'll defo pop it on the wall.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap, I'm exactly the same - love the curiousity and excitement but don't want to spoil it for others.

I ended up ringing customer services and she said the email for your birthday gift usually goes out the day before (last year I got it a couple of weeks before) and you have 4 weeks to get it. She said I could wait till next week so that I could get my loop box and birthday gift together. I said I am dyyyyyyyyying to get the loop box so I will get that now and just wait for my birthday gift.  All ordered now......hope its here tomorrow lol. Mecca are actually the fastest company for making deliveries that I've come across in NZ so fingers crossed.
tannygirl
3392 posts
     Oh on the note of Beauty Loop birthday gifts for anyone who's getting theirs this month. There are actually two options for level 1 members but only one available online so if you want the other option instead you might have pop into store, it is leftover from last year but if you like highlighters you might prefer it to the online option. 
Oliviahope
14 posts
Hey ladies sorry I'm new to this whole forum thing as they've just made this website easier to use on phones so I've just found the forum section. What is a beauty loop box?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Hey Olivia,

It's an amzing 4x a year curated gift box that you can get by becoming a loop member of Mecca Maxima and Mecca Cosmetica. I'll link you the page, hang on a sec
trudijoy
8375 posts
here you go!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Incidentally I'm really delighted with the loop box this time around, I got a Level 2 box and there are some lovely things in it :)
Oliviahope
14 posts
Thank you for answering! Sounds awesome :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've just had the shipping notification for mine. I was hoping it would be here today lol. Fingers crossed for tomorrow though.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I walked into Mecca to pick up my box and I'm really happy with the deluxe sample items as one of them is from the shade family I'm really into and the other one is one I've been kinda wanting to try. 
Julieal
915 posts
I am the same -what is a loop member -all sounds really cool ?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Julie, Trudi has explained what this is and posted a link earlier on in this thread. 

Tannygirl, I'm glad to hear that your happy with your box after waiting so long to get one. Mine arrived yesterday (amid the usual courier dramas!) and I'm extremely happy with it. All deluxe minis and all things I want to try or would use. It was different to what they said "might" be in it in the sneak peeks video. Looking at other people's boxes, there seems to be quite a variation between boxes even at the same level. This is all good by me as it means there is still going to be an element of surprise as to what you get. Roll on the next one lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
I saw the photos of unboxing on instagram. They look cool . 
Julieal
915 posts
Sorry Trudie -missed the info regarding this -Thanks
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I tried the skincare minis that came in my box last night. They were nice but wow! The full sizes of each item is over $200 each! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Beauty Loop day again!

My first official level 3 one is already in my hands :D

I wonder what the new system will mean in terms of extra freebies! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm excited to do an order an get my Level 2 one tomorrow. I'm so glad the free shipping threshold is less than half of what it used to be.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm so excited to get my first one. I made the mistake of scrolling through the Photowall before I opened my emails and it has been posted on there. Unfortunately I now know what's in it which is a bummer as I prefer surprises but it is what is and I'm sure I'll enjoy them either way.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I saw that and thought it might be an unfortunate spoiler for someone. I understand the excitement but ....

Ive posted mine to my insta but I’m always careful to do a swipeable post with a spoiler alert so ppl can avoid it 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Not all the boxes are the same so hopefully you will get a different one mumof3 and still get the surprise. I ordered one before the email even came out lol. Should be here tomorrow hopefully. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yeah I totally get the excitement and it was my fault for not checking my emails first ha ha ha.

I was the same with my BBBE bundle that I got but only posted the boxes not the content because I want to hold off for a bit so others that have ordered get the surprise when they open.

But a heads up, they are great boxes and super excited to try them all out. Great price.
thirtywinks
60 posts
Oh shoot! I posted the photo yesterday. I'm so sorry for destroying the surprise for the people who saw it. Let me delete that photo now. I just so happened to be at the mall waiting when I saw the e-mail and thought might as well get mine. Didn't think too clearly when I snapped that photo and uploaded it. 

SmileyPisces
253 posts
Aww... Can’t wait to open mine! Will be interested to see what everyone else gets =D
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
All good thirtywinks xxx

I can imagine your excitement as it must have been so awesome to get it.

Sorry didnt mean to come across as grumpy, was a long day (got to love end of month at work lol).

Hope you enjoy your goodies x
tannygirl
3392 posts
   The boxes aren't always exactly the same. There's usually a couple variations in the samples you could get even with the same level box. That being said I'm always curious about what's in each box on all the levels.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I’m the same level as Trudi and our boxes are quite different. 
Susilia
484 posts
It’s free stuff, so I’m actually greatful to get my boxes and I always await them with excitement, however I got my level 3 box yesterday and was extremely disappointed. All items are tiny, the perfume sample isn’t even a spray and 2 items I previously received in my level 1(!?) boxes. Extremely unfair.
I wouldn’t even be mad(sad rather) if they wouldn’t advertise it as their amazing members’ rewards program, but they do!?
I even had a chat with them on their site and they just said they’ll pass my feedback on and that was it.

Rant over, to finish off with something positive I also received my birthday gift from them and it’s a highlighter brush with their mini enlightened highlighter, both mecca brands and they’re amazing!!! :) 

So, loop boxes can be a hit and miss really, I’ve seen amazing level 3 boxes, but I happened to get a really bad one, maybe next time I get lucky, fingers crossed. :) 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Aww.. Susilia... Yeah, not so much of a surprise this time round.. Hope you get better goodies next time.... but happy we finally got more samples to try. Hopefully the beauty loop bonuses coming would have more surprises in there hehehehe =)
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I received my level 2 box today I was hoping for the other lippy option in the sneak preview to what I received but other than that I'll use all the samples. I think this time I've seen the most variations of boxes even amongst the same levels.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I still havent ordered mine yet still trying to decide what to order. Definitely stocking up on some more Mario Badescu mists as they are great to keep in the fridge, works just as good as aloe vera gel.
trudijoy
8375 posts
If you’re looking for things to try .... :p

Tbese are all under $20 :)

-Lanolips Coconutter multibalm 101 ointment. I hauled my sample of this around on my trip, used it for lips, cuts, blisters, all sorts. Came home and bought a full size. It’s super good! 

- Mecca Max spot dots - my skin didn’t appreciate coming home, and these things suck all the gunk outta zits while you sleep. Amazing. 

-obvs the Mario Sorays but you know about those!

- soap and glory goodies - currently obsessed with ‘Rich and Foamous’ body wash

- 16 brand sheet masks are $3/ea. I have t tried my peach and apple one yet but like three Mecca chicks swore it was their fave 

also slightly more ($25 ish for the mini I think) - Bumble and bumble Hairdressers invisible oil primer/heat/uv protectant

and a Perversion mascara mini! Also if they have a benefit online, RollerLiner is epic

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Just ordered my Loop Box eek.

Added a couple of favourites (Mario Badescu Facial Spray - Lavender, Mario Badescu Facial Spray Aloe Vera and a limited edition Mario Badescu Rose set (great price at $41.00 for 4 items).

Can't wait for them to arrive.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I went to buy the Mecca Max Spot Dots but they were out of stock online. They looked really good, so I popped them on my wishlist. Hopefully they will stock them again soon. 

Will add a couple of those others you mentioned too Trudi (especially the Bumble and Bumble Invisible Primer Oil) thanks hun xx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ahhh drat, just got an email to say that the Spot Dots were back in stock after I ordered nooooooo.

Oh well, guess I'll have to order them next time, perfect excuse to place an other order lol.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Sounds like you got the same loop box as me Susilia. Definitely not the best one I’ve had and have seen sooooo many complaints about it online. I think the trick with any loyalty programme is to just see it as a bonus. If you start spending up large just to get a loyalty perk then it just tends to lead to disappointment. 

Wellington Mecca sent me an email to say I could go in and pick up three deluxe minis due to the Mecca maxima store “moving in” (ie closing down). The minis were a Nars highlighter and blusher and a Laura Mercier translucent powder. More than happy with that!
trudijoy
8375 posts
For me there’s a big difference between loyalty gifts and rewards.

To put  that in context, Mecca gifts are loyalty gifts. They’re curated, and given to you - 5 times a year, as well, plus the free makeup applications and generous samples. So with Mecca, I count myself lucky if one of the items in a box is something I fall for. 

BR points are an example of rewards. They’re earned and spent, so I have higher expectations because I had to do extra to obtain them. I feel it’s justifiable to be annoyed if you miss out on a reward you earned,or disappointed if you spent reward points on something you can’t use, but not if a free loyalty gift doesnt suit you. 

Some brands span both categories - Sephora, for example, rewards you for spending with points you can redeem for your choice from a range of treats. Again, if these don’t work for you or are lower quality, I think it’s okay to feel like you’ve wasted points or been disappointed. 

But when its purely a loyalty gift, I think my focus is a good one - if one item is good then you were rewarded. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The birthday gifts I’ve had from Mecca have been amazing too!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Me too soozie. They’re always full sized and things I might not buy myself but lovely to have a reason to try! 
Susilia
484 posts
Lol, worldofsuziewong, thank the lord I’m a shopaholic anyway and don’t just spend to get the loop boxes! :P

I haven’t had one good item in my loop box this time, Trudi, which is a first, there was always something that I was very happy/excited to receive, even in level 1s, but maybe I just had my hopes up too high as this was my first ever level 3 and saw someone elses’s goodies and that box was really good. :/ 

trudijoy
8375 posts
I’m level 3 and I got one great, one good, one good-but-not-my-shade (which has become a friends ‘great’) and one I’m not sure about, so although it’s not the best one I’ve ever had, I’m happy :) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!