Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beaty releated advent calendars?

71 posts, 44 members
Susilia
484 posts
Hi guys, I was just looking into benefit's advent calendar this year and it is so not worth the money, last year's was awesome, so I was so excited to get this year's, but I won't...:( Do you know any other company that makes beauty and make-up releated advent calendars?:) 

Also, if you have a teenage daughter or a friend who's into make-up a lot, why don't you make them an advent calendar?:) The benefit us site sells sets with 6 mini products in there or mini lipglosses sets, if you'd buy some or other random sample sized benefit products, you could make an amazing advent calendar, I actually feel pretty sad I have no one to make one for, because I actually would love to make one and gift it!!!:D So, just an idea for you who are blessed with daughters or friends, hehe!:)
PaigeC
194 posts
Wow! I didn't even know these existed, what a cool idea. I'd find this much more exciting than the chocolate advent calendars. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other beauty advent calendars
Mila
1209 posts
OMG I love love love this idea !!!! I want one myself ..... I had never thought of this before...... I have a goddaughter who is super girly that I could do this for.....

Although sometimes I think i'm more creative then I am and things end up a disaster but sounds like fun to try.. :)
PaigeC
194 posts
Wow! look at this one by Selfridges
http://style.selfridges.com/whats-in/selfridges-beauty-advent-calendar-back-0.

Expensive and probably not able to get shipped to NZ but it looks so luxurious!
nemesisroxx
506 posts
OMG I never knew such a thing existed! That benefit one looks soooo cute!! 
kirstysays
762 posts
The benefit calander looks so amazing! So expensive though!
Susilia
484 posts
I know, last year's was only 76$ us and had more benefit products in there (only 3 spots were filled with bracelets/charms), this year's will cost 99$ us online and it has sticky notes and more silly accessories like hairbands and bracelets in it, and no face powder at all!!!:( So I won't be buying it... Such a let down, I was looking forward to it since I saw pictures of last year's...
Bayley
238 posts
I have seen UK youtubers buy The Body Shop ones and they look AMAZING!!!

Unsure If you can buy them in NZ though :(
Kia
550 posts
What, this is crazy!! But so incredibly cool! How did I not know about these?? I am so keen on getting my hands on one. But I agree that they have to be genuine nice stuff content in there. That price is way too much for sticky notes and hair bands etc.
Aney37
88 posts
Maybelline had one last year. Im not sure if they were in Nz, but I did see some youtubers that had them
Susilia
484 posts
Ah, I remember the maybelline one, it was exclusive for bloggers, it wasn't on sale at all, common people were left out...:(
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
Oh wow I never knew about these! Be so awesome If we could get them easily In NZ
Pifithrin
1243 posts
The Benefit and Body Shop ones from last year looked amazing!
melly650
375 posts
Oh what a cool idea... Hmmm... I think that will make great christmas presents.... where can you get things to DIY it with (other than benefit)? Or can you just use any mini product? I'm feeling some creativity creeping in...
Marcel
335 posts
I did not know about this what a lovely idea!! The Selfridges one sounds WOW damn if someone got that for me it would be the best Christmas present ever.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I only found out about the benefit one recently but its such an awesome idea, especially for those big kids amongst us who still love Christmas, its perfect to extend the celebration.  Bonus is no yucky chocolate (I really hate advent calendar chocolate)

Might have a look into these as a treat for myself, but the idea of making up my own would be awesome if I had a teenage girl I would so be doing this using one of those felt advent calendar hangers and lip balms, eyeshadow singles, mini nail polishes, etc....
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Thanks for the present idea! I'm gonna make one with mini nail polishes in each box! My bff will absolutely love this!
Rezee
1964 posts
I saw someone on youtube had a nail polish one. I can't remember the brand but I'll have a look and see if I can find it. I do remember seeing it on nz sale too sometime this year but I'm not sure if it's easily purchasable for new zealand.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
@Rezee - you mean Ciate? That looked really cool. I remember Cassandra Myee doing a post on her blog, but I can't seem to find the post at the moment.
chikoboo
3402 posts
The Ciate brand one is on Sephora here 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
oh wow! now that has me thinking... with 3 girls, I love the little messages on the doors & I think we could make each one an activity - so they have to complete a challenge to get the treat!This could be a holiday programme reward idea as well! oooooh the thoughts running through my head, if only I could harness them long enough to make something happen!
Chaotic82
522 posts
Someone got the Ciate one cheap on NZSale. I read the review and now I can't remember where it was from.  One of the lovelies on here though I think. I would LOVE the Ciate one!!
Aney37
88 posts
The DIY calendars would be so cool! I might start making some from my friends. You can go as small or as big as you want! You also can personalise it for who you are making it for. Good thinking Ladies :) 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I looove the idea of making an advent calendar for someone! Unfortunately I don't know any younger girls to do it for but still. Such a great idea! I wish memebox had one! Or beautynetkorea ;)
MissQT
1547 posts
I didn't know these existed until I recently saw the Benefit one. It looks amazing but is soo expensive! I would love to get one but at a more affordable price. I love the DIY idea too, and I do love my arts and cafts too, thanks for the idea. I think if I made one for someone I'd want one myself too, but making it myself would totally ruin the surprise.
1139 posts
Bayley I would cry if I could get a Body Shop advent calendar. Sounds amazing!!!!!!
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I would love to get a body shop one as I still haven't bought anything from there range. I do have a moisturiser that my friend gave me as her skin is sensitive and the lady at the counter gave her bad advice and said it would be okay for her to use. First impressions is it is highly fraganced.
Susilia
484 posts
We should make advent calendars for each other, just draw the names who's making one for who and decide how much to spend on products, say 40-50 dollars plus postage to the person, hehe :D Just a thought...
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I would love to make one for someone but I am horrible at crafty stuff as I am not a creative person and anything I try to make turns out looking so awful hence why I buy presents instead of making them.
Bayley
238 posts
Tell me about it Ellie! you know how much I love The Body Shop! haha :)
MrsLissy
301 posts
Now I want one too! What an awesome idea. We have an awesome crafty advent calender that our friend made for our son out of christmassy socks and I filled it with stuff mostly for him last year. I think this yeah he will learn the value of taking turns and Mummy might find something in there for her every few days :)
MicheleC
419 posts
A fabulous idea. 
forkat2008
98 posts
Oh that'd be really cute. Not for me but I know some girls would love that.
Mandz
86 posts
Such a cool idea, I still get an advent Calander every year I'm still such a child when it comes to Xmas.. This just takes it to the next level how amazing would it be getting a present everyday leading up to Xmas!! 
Julzr
3 posts
What an awesome idea. I love advent calanders of all different types (have had a Lego one in the past, and of course the good old standard chocolate ones), but these sound way more aweome lol. 
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Wow such a cool idea!! A beauty advent calendar would be amazing!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Wow, what an amazing idea, I would totally go for one of these.  I buy all 3 little munchkins the Lego Advent Calendars as the chocolate ones are so boring ha ha ha.  My little girl gets the pink one (of course lol) but Mummy would totally like a beauty advent calendar.  So cool
cassandramyee
31 posts
The Benefit one last year came with some non-beauty items, like a hair clip etc which didn't look like amazing quality but the mini sized products are so handy to have! Ciate have amazing nail polish calenders, and I know that The Body Shop and Ulta3 (nail polish) will have ones available in NZ this year! I am so excited, as much as I love chocolate, I'd much rather have beauty items in my countdown to Christmas!
SandyGedge
394 posts
This is such a neat idea! I think im going to make up my own for my kiddies this year. Thank you for sharing this hun :-)
Susilia
484 posts
Oh my gosh, I'd love a body shop one, we do not have a store down here in Invercargill...:(
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I think I may just stick with an advent calendar aye
1139 posts
Cass is there really going to be an advent calendar for The Body Shop in NZ this year?? That would be so amazing!!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I contact The Body Shop and got this back:

The Body Shop Advent Calendar is real and there will be a limited number available throughout all of our stores during the Christmas period. The Advent gift will retail for $259 and are packed with 24 days of goodies. This extra-special treat features a beauty surprise behind every door, from bestselling body and face care to iconic fragrance, plus our latest additions of Limited Edition Seasonal ranges, Wild Argan Oil and Colour Crush™ Nail Colours. Making it feel like Christmas every day!

The advent gift will retail for $259!!!!!!!! ouchie if they mean that is the price it's going to be buy
Mila
1209 posts
Wow ! I love the idea of these but not $259.00 worth !!! .....thats touch a esssspensive ! :)

I do think if your someone thats quite creative making these would be awesome.  Mine would likely turn out a giant mess that i would have wasted time and patience on haha
Mandz
86 posts
Sooo tempting just a tad to expensive.. Your so awsome @chikoboo contacting them to find out for us all :) 
g1ggles2
358 posts
Oh man I sooooo want a beauty advent calender
Im hopign my hubby is going to get one for me for xmas - if they delivery to nz (not sure what brand it will be BOOTS in the UK do a cool one as well) and if not all sold out

But for a moment....could you imagine a mini booze bottle advent calender haah
someone at work just threw that idea out there and I can totes picture it!
1139 posts
Oh wow! I love The Body Shop but $259 is such a massive amount of money which I probably will not be able to afford. I'm sure it will be amazing though!
kirstysays
762 posts
OMG a body shop one sounds amazing...a little outside my price range too :(  Will definitely be keeping an eye out for unboxings of those :)  
Kia
550 posts
This sounds amazing!! But honestly there is no way I will pay for that! Are they all full sized or mini versions? Cause if so, then it's not worth it

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!