Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Batiste Dry Shampoo

27 posts, 15 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey ladies :-)
So I just purchased some Batiste dry shampoo in tropical. It smells devine. I have never used a dry shampoo before so any tips on applying it would be great. Cheers :-)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Don't overdo it, would be my biggest tip. The first time I brought dry shampoo I used it all the time because I was so excited to try it. Needless to say it didn't last very long. That said, there isn't much product in there for how big the can is.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love Batiste! I use it quite often, especially after lunchtime workouts. I've reviewed it on here as well. I like it as it also makes my hair have a bit of volume. I make sure to apply first, leave while getting changed etc, then rub in. I have quite light hair so don't have many problems with any colour being left. But make sure if you have darker hair to get dry shampoo specifically for a dark shade of hair so you don't have issues with whiteness in your hair.
shazatron101
5112 posts
MMmmm I need to get a new bottle of this! I don't use it for when my hair is oily, I use it when my hair is freshly washed so it has more texture when I curl it :P sorry I'm not more help! I hope you love it though :D 
Macs
5351 posts
I use it when I've straightened my hair . About a day or two later when I my hair needs a wash . I crack this dry shampoo out With a comb it through. If it's a bit to dry I use a small bit of hair serum for the ends. After a minimum of one to two days I wash it out. Otherwise it product builds up  if done for too many days in a row . Hair can feel tacky.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Awesome thanks for the tips ladies! Im going to try this out in the morning. I have heard so many good things so hoping I love it! Macs does it go white in your hair? I didn't realise they make them for different coloured hair so I think I just got the normal one. Excited to try it.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Lisa-lou check out these articles to use here  and life hacks here on dry shampoo
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sweet thanks for that ragingfrog :-)
MissQT
1547 posts
I love batiste dry shampoo! Don't hold the can too close to your hair and I like to leave it in for a minute or so after I've sprayed my hair and then rub it in. I find it absorbs better this way. I also agree about not overdoing it, spray a little at a time.
Macs
5351 posts
Yes it does go white because my hair is so dark . I was going to buy coloured, but then I read Konis review and didn't go through with the purchase. I might take a chance.So I had to do it in sections spraying lightly. It's time consuming but it makes hair last longer. 
Julieal
915 posts
Hope you enjoy -I didn't like it on my hair and found it made my skin itchy.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It worked really well in my hair. Love it! Thanks for all the tips :-) Love the smell too.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Dry shampoo is my thing for long flights but I can't do a full day with it! My fine hair can't cope
Kimrose
1419 posts
I use dry shampoo on my fringe on the day I dont wash my hair, it works well
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I love the smell of Batiste unfortunately it leaves my scalp dry and itchy and am actually allergic to it :-( 
MareeB
5244 posts
I love the smell too - the cherry is delicious!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhhhh cherry sounds yummy!!
MissQT
1547 posts
cherry is my favourite but it's now discountinued :( Maree where do you buy your cherry from I haven't seen it in the supermarkets?
MareeB
5244 posts
I haven't had any for ages sorry :(
Kimrose
1419 posts
I will check at work tomorrow for the cherry flavour. I know we have the small size, just cant remember if we still have the big one, will let you know.
Macs
5351 posts
I like the cherry as well. I used it up faster than my other bastiste I have .
JessB
219 posts
I really like the tropical one!! Though I have seen an article before warning not to use it too often (too many days in a row) because although the spray absorbs the oils nothing is actually removed, so if left there the old spray can irritate your scalp. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Spray in your roots and leave for bit then brush thru or comb yir fingers thru your hair which will give volume and be sure to rid the white powder look if your hair is a darker shade I like the tropical scent and the neon lights edition but I don't need volume and I can be guilty of using it a few days in a row causing my scalp to become irritated at night especially until I wash it out. It's good though as on betweener.
Kimrose
1419 posts
The cherry Batiste is still avaliable, we have the big and small size in stock now :}
Beauty88
29 posts
My hair is super dry! would you recommend me to use this shampoo? 
Kimrose
1419 posts
I generally think it would be more suited to oily hair, or you can use it to give your hair more volume.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Personally Beauty88 if you have super dry hair, I wouldn't recommend it.  I have super dry hair and each time I add dry shampoo into my hair it makes it even more drier than usual and also gives me an itchy scalp.  Everyone is different of course.  If you apply a hair mask maybe once a week or put oils into your scalp it might not be as dry.  Hope that helps.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!