Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Bad Salon review

15 posts, 14 members
Macs
5351 posts
I just finished writing my first ever bad salon review experience. I wont name them but felt I should have got an apology. Didn't happen. Anyway I have one eye brow shorter than the other eye brow I tried plucking them straight . Any tips on how I can try and elongate them to try and make them look normal . TIA 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Ah no, that's horrible. Personally I would get a professional to fix it because I don't trust my own skills or therefore lack of. But if you're trying to shorten the other brow I would have thought tweezing or waxing it would work.
Ringy
825 posts
No advice that will help much- probably best to just fill in the missing bit a little, but I definitely feel for you- it always seems to happen to me getting dodgy eyebrow waxes or threading! I'm just letting them go natural until they grow back yet again and then I might just pluck them tidy my self.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Nothing worse than having one eyebrow shorter than the other!  I've had that happen before and I just filled them in and elongated the shorter one with eyebrow pencil or eyeshadow until the hair grew back.  It was rather annoying but it was only for a few weeks.
Rezee
1964 posts
Oh no, thats awful macs.  If you feel up to it, give them a ring to let them know. I hate negative confrontation but you're unhappy so they need to know!
do you have any eyebrow products to fill them in for now? I recommend the L'Oréal brow plumper to keep everything in place. I went for a walk in the rain a couple of weeks ago, my brows didn't move at all!
Ngahew
152 posts
You need to give them an opportunity to rectify the situation Macs
Julieal
915 posts
Go back and ask them to fix
Macs
5351 posts
I only noticed because people in the mall where pointing and laughing. Maybe if that didnt happen to me ngahew I would of let them but I just took the refund after argueing for five minutes.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh Macs that's horrid. They should feel terrible.
1139 posts
You're probably best to just use a brow product to fill the shorter eyebrow in until it grows back. I'd recommend using a pencil or a tinted wax applied with a thin angled eye brush - it's much easier to create the appearance of hair with one of those rather than with a gel or mascara. 
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Thats awful Macs. I feel for you. I find that eyebrow wax and pencil rectify any mistakes until your natural hair grows back.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Not good, Macs. Definitely agree with trying to fill in the shorter brow until it grows, rather than pluck the longer one to match. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Oh Macs! :( that's horrible! No refund could justify what they did.....I agree fill out the shorter one till it grows back xx
janini9
341 posts
I know exactly how you feel Macs. Having had an awful experience at one of Aucklands top Hairdresser Salons myself. All I wanted was a genuine apology and proper recompense for their mistakes. I gave the salon every opportunity to remedy the situation and even went to the head office. NOTHING was ever done except a very pathetic non genuine oops sorry about that comment.
I hope  you can find another eyebrow salon that you feel comfortable in and will have a positive experience the next time.

Pifithrin
1243 posts
There's not much chance they will be able to fix a shorter eyebrow. Macs I'm sure it was not so obvious that people were laughing at you. Hopefully you van fill them in until they grow back.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!